PDA

View Full Version : stupid gas tank vent hose

DGR Designs
10-23-2002, 12:28 PM
is there any other type vent besides that hose! it is in my way now that i have my trail tech i was wondering if there is a filter that looks like a little K&N that goes onto the top of the gas cap. i think i saw one before ~Dave

redrider ex
10-23-2002, 12:36 PM
i haven't had one on my 300 in years.

DGR Designs
10-23-2002, 12:38 PM
wont dirt and **** get in there then?

UglyMotha™
10-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by redrider ex
there is a one way valve in the cap it lets gas fums out but won't let air back in try blowing in the vent hose the valve won't let you

you might not be able to blow thur it, but it does suck air try covering it up with a piece of duct tape i bet you don't go to far before you run out of gas, sorta like a straw when you put your finger over the end and pull it outta your pop and the pop stays in the straw but if you take your finger off the pop comes right out your gas tank works the same way

Texan32
10-23-2002, 01:51 PM
redrider, i think you are backwards. The vent hose is to let air IN. If you don't have a vent to let the air in, the acclerator pump would create a vacuum in the tank that would eventually stop the flow of gas.

roost, i don't remember which memeber it is, but they had a hoseless cap. It was billit and kinda spendy. But it was very shiny and seemed like it was a quality probuct.

flyin#5
10-23-2002, 03:10 PM
dont plug it. on my sx i went for a ride with the vent turned off and i took it off after a while to check for gas... then it almost blew my head off.

10-23-2002, 04:11 PM
WWW.CHOZENPERFORMANCE.COM

Chozen Performance sells a gas cap with a built in breather. No more hoses coming off the cap. Made out of billet aluminum, and looks pretty trick. Retail is around $95, and you have a choice of their logo machined in it, or flames. Later

400ex99
10-23-2002, 10:44 PM
i checked into these caps a while back, Carlos told me that these caps would leak gas alittle when the tank was near full. the check valve wasnt holding good enough. He wasnt sure if he was going to sell these anymore. however, i have purchased other pieces from CP. they are quality pieces.

mopar 400
10-24-2002, 02:06 AM
I have one from chazen, ans have not had any problems of leaking at all. The only time gas gets into the hose is when yuo have the bike tilted back on the grab bar... These are sweet caps though.

10-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey where down you live in northern california? I live near santa rosa. Where do you usually ride?