PDA

View Full Version : Notice in the mail

Ryan
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I have 2 questions.

I got a letter in the mail from NYS probation, saying I have to show up on July 23, which is on my birthday. I normally go every other week on mondays, and I am normally sheduled to go this upcomming monday. Is there a specific reason concerning it being my birthday? Or did I possibly do something wrong, and they just send a notice sheduling a day to go over it?

My second question..

This really aggravated me. The notice that was sent. On the front part of the envolope, it says DWI, writtin in pen. Now isn't this a violation of the privacy act. I get my mail in the post office and they all know me well. And one person actually said, "Ryan, you got a DWI?"

What can I do about this? Is just does not seem right....

Thanks...

SGA
07-13-2007, 04:19 PM
No idea about why they want you a week early, if you did something wrong, you would know about it.

The DWI on the envelope, I'd go into the PO's Office, reach across the desk, pull them up by the shirt and say " If you write that sh*t again on my envelope, Im gonna kick your as*!

Try that and let me know what happens:D

OutlawBill
07-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by SGA
No idea about why they want you a week early, if you did something wrong, you would know about it.

The DWI on the envelope, I'd go into the PO's Office, reach across the desk, pull them up by the shirt and say " If you write that sh*t again on my envelope, Im gonna kick your as*!

Try that and let me know what happens:D go to jail due not pass GO

Ryan
07-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SGA

Try that and let me know what happens:D

Ok,,, i'll try that... ;)

Im more concerned about why they wanna see me on the 23rd. I will find out everything on this upcomming monday.

We are having a big party on the 22nd. For my neices first birthday, my mothers first year wedding aniversary, and my birthday. I guess I can't have a drink that day...

If I did something wrong, do you think they would definitly let me know about it in the letter, or maybe a phone call?

And im definitly gonna say something to whoever wrote that letter, because that is complete bull****. The certain people in this town I see everyday, I don't let that kind of information out.

bansheerider4
07-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I got a letter in the mail from NYS probation, saying I have to show up on July 23, which is on my birthday. I normally go every other week on mondays, and I am normally sheduled to go this upcomming monday. Is there a specific reason concerning it being my birthday? Or did I possibly do something wrong, and they just send a notice sheduling a day to go over it?

how long have you been on probation?cuz if its been an amount of time that fits what you did you go to court and they see how youve been doing and if youve been following all the rules and if so theyll let you off of probation and whatnot...i dont know if you on probation(like have a curfew and what not)but thats what they told me..

and ive been on probation for 2damn months now and i still havent got one of those:mad:

bansheerider4

how long have you been on probation?cuz if its been an amount of time that fits what you did you go to court and they see how youve been doing and if youve been following all the rules and if so theyll let you off of probation and whatnot...i dont know if you on probation(like have a curfew and what not)but thats what they told me..

and ive been on probation for 2damn months now and i still havent got one of those:mad:

bansheerider4

derekhonda
07-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, if its you 18th birthday, they might be switching your probation officers.

Ryan
07-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I've been on probation for 6 months, and its my 19th birthday. Its not making much sense to me..

I know for sure Im not gettin let off just yet... I got 5 years.

stocktires
07-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr.towlie
Towlie thinks thats bull poop. Its just a cheak up, i got one comeing up on wednesday. Youd of been confronted and arested if you got in more trouble.

So. rember kids, ify your goin to be swiming always bring a towel, or 2.

wanna get high?

Kill yourself

Ryan
07-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Im so tired of this stupidity..........................

GPracer2500
07-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
....On the front part of the envolope, it says DWI, writtin in pen. Now isn't this a violation of the privacy act....

AFAIK, arrest records are a matter of public record. Anyone can find out what anyone else has been arrested for if they want. Not saying it should be scribed all over an envelope sent through the mail, but I don't think there's any violation of law there. I'm no lawyer though.

Ryan
07-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
AFAIK, arrest records are a matter of public record. Anyone can find out what anyone else has been arrested for if they want. Not saying it should be scribed all over an envelope sent through the mail, but I don't think there's any violation of law there. I'm no lawyer though.

I can understand that, in a way.... But when I was in the paper, they could not mention my name because of my age. And to write "DWI" in pen on the front of the envolope, is completely unnecessary, and wrong.

Now I had someone I knew for years ask me about this, and god knows who they tell... This is a small town... Its not even that big of a deal, but its the principle.

07-13-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah its your own personal business, how did you get 5 years?? how many times have u been caught??

07-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
yeah its your own personal business, how did you get 5 years?? how many times have u been caught??

lol, That post kind of contradicts its self.

07-13-2007, 06:27 PM
no, its one thing to wirte DWI on and evolope, its another thing to ask a question, witch he dont have to answer

GPracer2500
07-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
I...they could not mention my name because of my age....

Yeah, being a minor certainly changes things. And I do agree that there's no reason they should be writing something like that on the envelope. That would piss me off too, both for practical reasons and because of principle.

Ryan
07-13-2007, 07:42 PM
exactly, its the principle. It doesn't really bother me who knows or doesn't... But its still personal information, that the hole town doesn't need to know.

And I think, if you are under 21, they cannot put your name in the paper.

Honda86, I got one dwi comming up my driveway, then I got a second one a month later. I had no plates or anything, and hit a tree less than a 1/8th of a mile down the road.

It was complete stupidity, and if there was one thing I could take back, that would be it.

I have no prior felonies. So the Probation Officers have been pretty nice to me.

There is more to the story than just being intoxicated, but thats what I was charged with.

Ghost-Rider
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Thats BS with the DWI being on the envelope.

Rulz
07-13-2007, 09:52 PM
You are of legal age at 18, not 21!

07-13-2007, 10:28 PM
i bet the 2nd one really killed you....dont worry about it tho.... A buddy of mine went to jail because of too many DWI and MIPs, I do agree that the age should be 18. So your on probaton for 5 years? untill your what 22 or 23??

MOFO
07-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by GPracer2500

In the town that I grew up, the local newspaper will post all arrests, including DUI/DWI's.

Ryan
07-14-2007, 09:01 AM
My arrest was posted in the paper, but they did not release my name.

Im on Probation untill im 23 . Its a drag.... But I will say, I deserved it.