PDA

View Full Version : GNCC vs. WORCS?

d kelley
07-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Has anyone ever seen both the Pro classes of WORCS and GNCC? I've watched the WORCS pro class race for 3 years now and it looks like the top 15 pros are just super fast right now. I know the series are set up different from each other but the race in WA looked a lot like the pictures of the GNCC races and the WORCS guys were flying. Would Josh, Jeremy and Doug, Borich, the Balance's and Yokley be a good race? Frederick and Eichner were doing 110' jumps off the up hill table top in Los Olivos, Ive never seen anything like that in GNCC. Maybe WORCS and GNCC could put together the top ten from each series classes for a end of the year race. I would guess the turn out would be huge. One year at a WORCS track and the next at a GNCC track. With the right sponsors, they could make it a $20,000 Pro race with a 20 man gate.

Jake250ex
07-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Well their definitely different forms or racing. Worcs is more wide open and GNCC is more tight woods and techincal challenges.

However, I beleive if your a top pro in one series youll be competitive in any. Look at Natalie, he did some GNCC's and did well.

seamonster
09-03-2007, 05:44 PM
u r comparing apples to oranges......the top pros would and have crossed over from time to time and done very well but you would never see a 110' jump at a GNCC.....out west its very open, east its more technical and tight...GNCC tried to move some events closer to the middle of the country(Texas, Missouri) to try to get some of the west coast riders to compete but nobody ever showed up.......being from the eastern half of the country and the type of riding around here, the WORCS type of riding doesnt seem all that appealing but they seem to like it out there

QuadJunkies
09-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by seamonster
out west its very open, east its more technical and tight...
Actually, that is abit different this year... This season has had tight XC sections for a couple rounds.This year will mark the one of the most variety of challenging courses the WORCS has ever done.
I thought the Wash. rounds was some of the coolest Ive seen yet ,varying from XC to MX to log jumps ,including the minis -what a combo!:cool: :macho
Regardless, it was still be an AWESOME race to see I think!:macho

The cool thing about WORCS is it is appealing to alot more varaiety of riders and has good turnouts due to the course changes actually. You can accomedate both XC and MX riders ,therefore, a good turnout that not only gives each rider a taste of what riding style they like best, but there is also no other series like this, which also makes it appealing .
This makes it a "win-win" for everyone IMO.
It makes it interesting also with such a variety of riders because some riders shines on dif. styles of riding,so you never really know whos gonna come out on top at each venue.
There is no other seriers that brings you a quads only event with Sand, logs, woods,fast desert and MX basically every kindof terrain imaginable all in one race .

quadmonkey
10-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Definitely apples and oranges here. I've raced both and enjoy both WORCS and GNCC series.

I think some of the WORCS quads would have problems fitting thru some of the GNCC courses since they all run MX width quads with off-road tires sizes. WORCS races often include a lot of sections that are WFO, where in GNCC's that usually only happens in the field sections.

However, it would be great to see pro's from both series racing in the same race and on both styles of courses.

QuadJunkies
10-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by quadmonkey

However, it would be great to see pro's from both series racing in the same race and on both styles of courses.

Actually, I heard recently that there might be a few hitting the WORCS series this year :cool: not sure if its a full season or just a few ,but non the less... very exciting !! Alos heard a few Pro MX'rs coming out as well..

We will even have Frank Batista joining us for WORCS in 2008!Check out his recent interview!
Thats all Im saying for now :D

:macho

310ESR
10-24-2007, 06:59 PM
I'd be surprised to see Frankie running a full
WORCS Series maybe Landon Hurst (Frankie's dad does Laydon's engine)

Prey
10-25-2007, 08:44 AM
guess you will find out soon enough, eichner is racing the ironman, i will be very suprised to see him crack the top 20.

simple fact is, the west coast series are not producing racers that are all that competetive in the east coast series, whether it be XC or MX

there are east coast pro's who are middle of the packers (and no offense to any of them) like creamer going out to the quadcross and winning it.

eichner was a gnc pro who i dont believe ever broke #7 for a year.