PDA

View Full Version : What the ...?

browng31
07-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Ok, I'm new to the Polaris scene, but I've always kind of liked the Pred and decided to part ways with my 400ex after I built it and didn't want to ride it anymore. I knew there was an 03 at my local Yamaha dealer and went down to look at it, a little rough but pretty much mechanically sound. So I got it home and rode it a little, needed some bearings and the chain was a little loose, got it all straightened up and there was still this noise, and it definitely wasn't the chain... Well it locked up, and to my surprise the head, jug, piston were all in good shape, so I thought it was the starter, pulled the starter out and the motor rolled, but so did the starter...Hmm... After having the flywheel pulled, I found that every single bolt in the starter clutch was broken off, I was completely floored when I saw this, thank God for the magnet or I'd have a completely chewed up bottom end, it's at the machine shop right now getting some bigger and badder bolts tapped in, has anyone else had this happen to them?