PDA

View Full Version : F1 leaving Indy..

<DRS>GPF
07-13-2007, 06:15 AM
sad..
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/sports/othersports/13autos.html

not that i care for the pompousness of the many foreign fans, but i consider F1 "top of the line" in the sport of racing and i was glad when it came close to home..

ATV Chic
07-13-2007, 07:18 AM
What's sad is people here could care less about it. Mainly because of the tire melt down that happened 2 years ago.:ermm:

07-13-2007, 07:44 AM
i went to the first one...great time....i can't believe that they could only get 100k there to watch, but 3 or 4 times that to come and watch people drive in circles...:rolleyes:

Ralph
07-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Formula 1 is absolutely amazing. It doesnt get any better than that. Its a shame people dont watch it more. I think nascar is retarded and doesnt hold my attention at all. Nothing exciting about nascar, especialy when you put it up against formula 1.

Honda#4
07-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I love Formula 1 racing its a hell of a lot better than Nascar by far. Nascar is my least favorite they just dont have the speed like Formula 1, IRL, Champ Car does. Its just amazing how a 2.4 liter V6 motor can scream at 20,000rpms, and have so much downforce to literaly go outside down.

07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Formula 1 is absolutely amazing. It doesnt get any better than that. Its a shame people dont watch it more. I think nascar is retarded and doesnt hold my attention at all. Nothing exciting about nascar, especialy when you put it up against formula 1.

agreed! especially with the "retarded" comment!! :D :D ...F1 the best, and easily the most fearless drivers in the world!! how about this hamilton kid!! unreal!!

bradley300
07-14-2007, 12:57 PM
from what i understand, there will be a F1 in america. they mentioned las vegas and new york city (the glen i would assume?) i would think until the candian gp contract is up we dont need to worry about not having an F1 race. they wont come half way around the world for 1 race

ive watched a few F1 races and alot of nascar (first year nascar fan) i have to say there is more action in a nascar race, and its nice having former drivers/crew cheifs calling the race. i watch a whole nascar race, but with so little passing in F1, i just watch it during commercials to get an update. someone like hamilton could really help thier image tho and get more people turned on