PDA

View Full Version : Help Banshee Wont Start*****

creampuff
07-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I bought a 03 banshee that needed a top end. We put a top end off of another bike on it and put it all together. It wont start now. It has no fire. This is what we checked
1. key is on and tested out to be working
2. kill switch is on and tested out to be working
3. changed the coil with another good one
4.switched out the CDI box
Now this is the deal when the bike broke it locked up while riding. Could it have messed up the stator or fly wheel key way?

creampuff
07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
One more thing. The last top end only had 6 hours ride time on it and it scortched a piston. We reused the base gaskets. The bike now has 80 pound of comp. per cyl. It this from reusing the old base gaskets of because the used jugs and pistons were junk.

bansheerider4
07-13-2007, 07:49 AM
just try another stator that should fix the problem.....

and im not sure but i think it has to have more then 80lbs of comp.:ermm:

loboboy
07-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by creampuff
One more thing. The last top end only had 6 hours ride time on it and it scortched a piston. We reused the base gaskets. The bike now has 80 pound of comp. per cyl. It this from reusing the old base gaskets of because the used jugs and pistons were junk.

80lbs of comp and used base gaskets???????? Start over with new stuff. 80lbs will be very difficult to kick start plus the used base gaskets could be leaking compression. Unless you use the metal base gaskets and a really good spray copper gasket material you are pissing into the wind.
like I said start over with new parts, they are not that expensive.

Also no matter how hard it locked up chances are that the stator and flywheel key are just fine.

creampuff
07-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Well I got it running. Thanks for all the help. The problem was I bought the bike used, and taken apert. So when I put it back together I plugged some triangle plug in that use to go to the old carb electronics. I guess it has to be unplugged to run. We put a new top end on it though and it gets with it pretty good now. Its still slower than my brothers lt 450r though. Oh well

Mxjunkie
07-17-2007, 05:25 AM
80 pounds per cylinder isnt much, my cousins banshee motor is at 150 per cylinder and my 4 mill is at 190 per cylinder, I belive that stock bore is either 100-120 per cylinder.