PDA

View Full Version : Once AGAIN......

troyleepred719
07-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Well, after payin $245 dollar in parts and stuff, and a 400 exhaust, K&N intake, and other little goodies, I brought the Wheeler Home on the truck tonight. I have a problem though. The wheeler will not start on its own. After bump starting it, it ran like crazy, most powerful wheeler I ever rode. This thing is crazy, I been putting parts on it with all the money I have, but the thing is, what can be the problem here? I need to know soon, like tonight, and I know most people on this site seem to ignore my threads, but if you have ANything to contribute to my knowledge, it would be
greatly appreciated...

rancherrider69
07-12-2007, 09:50 PM
battery dead??

07-12-2007, 09:52 PM
fouled plug? starter? battery wires? got to give us more? does it turn over or just nothing when you push button? smoke bad when it first started?

JOEX
07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Fuse?

Sparky_20
07-12-2007, 11:32 PM
what do you mean as in wont start. Will it not crank when you push the button?

REDRIDDER
07-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Sparky_20
what do you mean as in wont start. Will it not crank when you push the button? yes what are you symtoms?help us help you.

REDRIDDER
07-13-2007, 03:52 PM
you got fuel,spark,air? also check your grounds especially on the rear portion of the frame on the left side like the ground for the starter solenoid.Im just throwing out ideas.i have no real info to go on..

400exrider707
07-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Definitely need more info to go on to help you out bud... what happened that cause this to not start? did you change anything since last time you rode it? How long has it been since you rode it? MORE INFO!

troyleepred719
07-14-2007, 12:31 AM
pulled the plug, and it was fine....everything in the carb was in check, traced the problem to the fuel pump, pulled the layers off, and the bottom layer was full of sand. it starts easier now, but still not on its own.....im going on a ride tommorow, so i assume i will be bump starting in the morning as usual....but when it comes back, its going back to the dealer, as they were clueless to problem also. i know its not a battery issue, seems more of a fuel to motor issue, could be anything, just hope she holds up tommorow....

REDRIDDER
07-14-2007, 05:37 PM
fuel pump what? oh i think your talking about a Predator? my bad lol..

cmpearce
07-14-2007, 08:25 PM
if the engine is cold and won't start unless you bump start it ,but then starts fine after it is warmed up.then your valves are to tight and need to be adjusted. common occurance on most preds . over on predatorowers.com they have a detailed instructions on how to adjust them.. good luck

krt400ex
07-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
pulled the plug, and it was fine....everything in the carb was in check, traced the problem to the fuel pump, pulled the layers off, and the bottom layer was full of sand. it starts easier now, but still not on its own.....im going on a ride tommorow, so i assume i will be bump starting in the morning as usual....but when it comes back, its going back to the dealer, as they were clueless to problem also. i know its not a battery issue, seems more of a fuel to motor issue, could be anything, just hope she holds up tommorow....

doa compression check. when the comp is too low the engine wont start with the start button cuz the decomp makes it even lower(too low to compress the air fuel mix and get a good burn). that is why when you bump start it it will start because it is turning the engine over faster and allowing it to buld enough compression to get a good burn...i would check compression