PDA

View Full Version : prob with the motor!!! help please

woodsracer144
07-12-2007, 04:18 PM
ok.. i was ridein my blaster to work and its mostley woods but i ride about 3/4 of a mile on a road that you can open it up on... i was on the road and you have to start shiftin in 1 commin out of the woods... and i had like 2 thirds to go when i hit 6th pinned.. and then at 2 thrieds i pull in the cluch and coast down a little hill and at the bottom its where i work... any way when i was half way down the heill its just started to revv out( i down shifted in to 3rd... and then i just turn it on and up shifted to 4 th and coasted.. i thought i broke a cluch cable but it isnt that because i un hooked the end and pulled on it and it didnt come apart or out or any think.. its locked on the little arm that the cable hooks on then goes in side the motor... and the part that goes in the motor is where theres a problem... i have no clue whats wrong i just have ideas...
please help me... the cluch is on the right side or the left?

honda450rider33
07-12-2007, 04:39 PM
clutch is on the right side, did it do it after that one time? it could have been a stuck throttle for a moment and then unstuck i have had that happen to me before that is pretty sweet that you can ride you quad to work

woodsracer144
07-12-2007, 04:41 PM
it wasnt the throttle.. i pullin in my cluch and its like theres not cable on it.. but the cables not broken.... its in side i think or somethin.... mabie its the clates i've had it for a while and i always ride it... and i've never changed the plates... is it a pain to get in side there?

woodsracer144
07-12-2007, 06:55 PM
ok... i think i found out my problem... i took off the cluch case cover... and i took the cluch out and the cluch plates could be changed but dont have to be... but the little shaft type thing in the middle was really loose and it looks liek it was broke off... any one know hoe long its sopose to be???
thanks

honda450rider33
07-14-2007, 06:18 PM
i was just thinking about the shaft you are talking about(is it the one the clutch attaches to?) if the cable is not broken that is what it is

woodsracer144
07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
in in the crank check my other thread...