PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield & McCoy Trail System

hatfield44
07-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Anyone rode the Hatfield & McCoy Trail system in southern WV. If so what do ya think?

squadie
07-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Outstanding trail riding. Favorite trail systems are Dingess Rum, Pinnacle Creek, and Browning Fork. Only rode Buffalo Mountain once, but we liked it. Have not tried the new Indian Ridge trails yet.

hatfield44
07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
I like Browning Fork myself, but it is only a mile from my parents house.
Did you find the cabin on top of Browning Fork?

Raptor68
07-17-2007, 07:53 AM
I was there in October of '04. We rode the Browning Fork trail system and it was a blast. It was awesome riding on the rodes legally in Gilbert, WV and we rode on the trail system from Gilbert to Man, WV. It was like a 20-mile trip each way, but it was a ton of fun. Highly recommend it.

ride red 14
07-26-2007, 02:26 PM
i was gonna go but u had to have a spark arrester

hatfield44
07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
I haven't ever seen anyone checking for spark arrestors :devil: I know a lot of people who ride around here without them, but if you have luck like mine you would be the first person it would be enforced upon.
There are more trails that aren't a part of the system though, then are part of the system (at least around Gilbert)

ericatv10
08-03-2007, 06:13 PM
When i was their we drove into town and when we stoped at the wendys the ranger checked our protective gear, passes and for spark arrestors this was in Late June early july when they where in a state of emergency for a drought so fires where a lot easier to get started.

We have been going for the past 2 years. We normally stay at the rockhouse trail house. It is a great place Marty their is a great guy. It is a lot of fun. We usaully ride 5 days 2 or 3 at rockhouse then the others somewhere else this year it was buffalo and dungus rum. Last year it was Buffalo, Little coal and pinacle creek. Rockhouse is by far the best. The only problem is their is no play areas (other then some mud pits occaslonly) except for one that is closed down. Their is a nice hill climb in their two but that is closed down as well.

Overall it is a great trip.

hatfield44
09-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Yeah, they may check spark arrestors more strictly, especially since we have had such little rain this summer. You will have to leave the trail system to find much of a play area. The trail usually tries to keep the hillclimbs blocked off, because there has been so many people get hurt or killed; especially the one on the strip with Twin Hollow campgrounds. There are plenty of places to play just ask around next time you are riding in the area.