PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 destroyed a game

BiG ReD l00ser
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Well i was over my buddies mountain house and i had my 360 standing up because it was getting super hot and i was checking to see if it cools down any by standing up. Well he accidently knocked it over while playing NBA 07 and it destoryed the disk. It put a bunch of scratches along the edge of the game but in one complete circle. It looks like the disk spun while still sitting on the platform where you place the disk to put it in the console.

Is there any way to fix this?
It can play but like 1 min after it loaded it says disk is unreadable.
Do you think Walmart will replace the disk?( Wallmart is where i bought it )

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks
Kyle

Ghost-Rider
07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
You knocked it over so its your fault.(you as in you or your friend) it was from user error really so they wont replace it they will just give you a lecture on how to use the xbox.

Ralph
07-12-2007, 11:30 AM
They should. I dont know if they will though. MS left out parts to save cost that should stop that from happening. Be carefull with the 360 because even tilting it slightly will make it scratch the disk.

Whats up with all the xbox threads lately?

400exrider707
07-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Are you kidding me? Its walmart they will exchange anything! I've returned stuff with no receipts to walmart, that I never even bought at walmart...

Ralph
07-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Are you kidding me? Its walmart they will exchange anything! I've returned stuff with no receipts to walmart, that I never even bought at walmart...

I think walmart has a special policy toward video games/ cd's / dvd's.

I think its like 30 day and they will only replace it for a new copy of the same game. you will most likely need the receipt but who knows. it is walmart after all...

400exrider707
07-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
I think walmart has a special policy toward video games/ cd's / dvd's.

I think its like 30 day and they will only replace it for a new copy of the same game. you will most likely need the receipt but who knows. it is walmart after all...

I won a crappy movie in a bar game for holloween, brought it to walmart returned it no questions asked with no receipt, bought beer with it... good deal.

Ghost-Rider
07-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I won a crappy movie in a bar game for holloween, brought it to walmart returned it no questions asked with no receipt, bought beer with it... good deal.

LoL Nice.

DOHC
07-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Just buy another one of the same game put the scratched one in the case and take that one back. Also i heard turtle wax fixes that, ive never tryed tho.

mx428
07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Mine did that the day after i got call of duty 3, took it back, they called it a manuf. defect and gave me another one.

rooster400ex
07-12-2007, 07:23 PM
basically did the same thing to my nfs carnbon, took it to eb games and the guy said oooh thats pretty messed up ill get you another.

CRich[814]
07-12-2007, 07:34 PM
at a game store around here, they buff disc's for $1 and they come out BRAND NEW. like there isn't one scratch on them.

BiG ReD l00ser
07-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Well alright lol sorry it took me so long to get back.
Im gonna go to walmart and see if they will exchange and say i dont have a reciept so ill see what they will do... Is there anything i can buy for the xbox that will stop that from happening again? because the disk spun soo much on the platform thing for the disk that it melted a little buit of the plastic on the platform.. so if it happens again i think it might become ALOt worse