PDA

View Full Version : has anyone heard of a exhaust valve just snapping off at the head?

bigdog3657
07-11-2007, 11:48 PM
does this happpen?? and after 2 years of riding does this "manufactor defect" happen

see my other thread...http://predatorowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=2&topid=1&thrid=40272&page=1

if u arnt a memeber it basicly says that i took it to a shop to get the intake valves replaced and after picking it up and riding it 10 mins the exhaust valve hit the piston and broke at the head. the shop said its not their fault and its a manufactor defect. well they are still trying to screw me over and put a 440 head on instead of a 500. so im thinking im just gonna call it a day and pick it up and take it to the dealer.

have u ever heard of a valve just breaking for no reason?? the guys at predatorowners have been a great help, and i personally thank them but i just would like some more input on this. i have a feeling when i go to pick it up they are going to make me pay for the parts that they ordered so far.

OutlawBill
07-12-2007, 06:06 AM
sounds like poor quality of work to me not manufacture defect they did not reassemble your head back to manufacture spec

M0n5t3r
07-19-2007, 04:56 PM
My friends did the same exact thing as you described in your post.
We took it to the dealer and they are repairing it as we speak.I have the very first outlaw that arrived in miami Fl, and so far I have had zero probs with the bike.Well other than the fuel tank recall.

M0n5t3r
07-19-2007, 04:56 PM
We took it to the dealer and they are repairing it as we speak.I have the very first outlaw that arrived in miami Fl, and so far I have had zero probs with the bike.Well other than the fuel tank recall.

bigdog3657
07-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by M0n5t3r

can you give a little more detail as to what happened? and what did they get done??

M0n5t3r
07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I will find out but from what i was told the donut that goes into the head and seats the exaust pipe somehow broke and went back into the cylinder and then destroyed the bottom of the spark plug.I will ask my friend at the dealer and get the scoop.