PDA

View Full Version : Bent rear Axel and Question? Opinions wanted.

Logan #34's Dad
07-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, Logan bent the rear axel. I am trying to decide what way to go for a replacement. I could go with another stock one that he'll probably bend for about $120.00.
OR go with the go-kart set up which is a hollow chromoly for around $400.00 complete. - This will save a ton of weight.
OR wait for Durablue to make one for about $350.00.
I'm very interested in the go-Kart thing but I would like some feedback from other MX'ers first. FYI- He is only 65lbs.

Livin4Real
07-11-2007, 10:55 PM
What brand quad is it for?

cz440
07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
we are in the same boat with our new {3 weeks old} DRX 70 bent swingarm and axle:grr:

bracey
07-12-2007, 06:18 PM
we broke 4 axles 2 stock and 2 dura-blue before we went to a go-cart titanium solid axle and as so far no problems we thought that if they run them in the 90 mods cr85 powered quads that we should be fine in our polaris 90 so far so good

kenjolly
07-12-2007, 06:32 PM
We bent the axle and swing arm too, but the rear shock failed and i think thats what is causing all the swing arm and axle problems. the rear shock is very light and doesnt work well with the older or heavier kids. my son only wieghs 50 lbs and know problems on 50 or 70. the other rider is about 85lbs and jumps higher.

my 2 cent

i also put the black spring shock off the 07 50 on the 90 and havent had anymore problems.

mxdad423
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey Rocky it's Kevin, I was just browsing and seen your post, we have been running Dura Blue on all of our machines for the past 2 years and have never broke one. I am going to send you a private message about some differant options....

QuadJunkies
07-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Whats this Kart axle all about?
Ive been out of the loop lately so Id like to hear more about it myself as I too have an aggressive rider who seems to break things alot this year :o :scary: lol
Never hurts to have a back up plan!:p

We ran the Durablue on my Daughtes for a long time with great results and she used to air it out pretty big-so did my Son on his Eton with a stock Axle and never had issues.
Sometimes I think its how they are jumping/landing and simply just luck of the draw.

LT80
07-13-2007, 01:29 PM
?Sometimes I think its how they are jumping/landing and simply just luck of the draw."
Many a boy busted axels and machines trying to catch Angela in the mini days. She never broke a stock axel and rarely broke cases.
If only parents would tell the kids to ride smooth instead of fast, fast would come with a longer lasting machine.

QuadJunkies
07-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by LT80
?Sometimes I think its how they are jumping/landing and simply just luck of the draw."
Many a boy busted axels and machines trying to catch Angela in the mini days. She never broke a stock axel and rarely broke cases.
If only parents would tell the kids to ride smooth instead of fast, fast would come with a longer lasting machine.

lol well IMO smooth and consistants make faster riders!:)
But sometimes I guess some of the product out there could use a little more "polishing" too. :o :ermm:
It still amazes me how much is out there in the mini market now. Some good... Some NOT so good. lol

Some of the terrian the kids are now racing seem to have a tough time keeping things together .

LT80
07-14-2007, 01:51 PM
"lol well IMO smooth and consistants make faster riders! "

I thought that's what I meant..LOL

Logan #34's Dad
07-19-2007, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by QuadJunkies
[B]Whats this Kart axle all about?

Hey Junkie, Well this axel set up claims to save something like 12 pounds off the rear. Remember, that will be rotating mass. My only concern is that it might throw off the balance of the quad. Or do you think the kids would just learn how to "fly"?
The dealer for this set up is Andrea at KB Performance. They do the carting thing and mini quad stuff. She has a billet Alluminum carrier too!! If you make contact with her tell her Rocky sent ya.

QuadJunkies
07-19-2007, 12:41 AM
You bring up a very good point .
I know just the person to ask too.....

Mr Loomis, if you have a chance to read and reply ,let me know your thoughts.

and thanks for the info!:)