PDA

View Full Version : Hooking an Xbox to a moniter?

ZeroLogic
07-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Can I hook up my old Xbox to my computer moniter? What wire will I need?
I have a 19 inch wide screen LCD moniter.:macho

Thanks.

Heres the link to the moniter. Its not the same kind but it is close to it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254005

Ralph
07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I think what you looking for is a VGA Cable.

[Edit] Google around for it. Unless your talking about the 360, it looks like the only thing you can do is make your own.

ZeroLogic
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Blah thanks Ralph. Looks like I'm going to get a PS3 and a HDTV.:devil: :ermm:

Ralph
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Blah thanks Ralph. Looks like I'm going to get a PS3 and a HDTV.:devil: :ermm:

Hehe, another one bites the dust. Im just extremely happy with my ps3 and im tired of hearing so much bs in the media about how bad it is.

Check out the other xbox thread for a good link to a great ps3 amazon deal. otherwise i think circuit city and best buy are doing similar offers.

And really try shopping around for HDTV's. There are great deals online with free shipping. Check newegg.com.

Ralph
07-11-2007, 06:18 PM
also, pm me if you have any specific questions. Im no pro but i know a fair share about hdtv's and ps3's

ZeroLogic
07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Well my mom said she would get me a TV. Whats a good size HDTV for a good pice. 600 bucks would be the most, I would probably go 50/50 with her if its more then 300 dollars.

Thanks.

Ralph
07-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Well my mom said she would get me a TV. Whats a good size HDTV for a good pice. 600 bucks would be the most, I would probably go 50/50 with her if its more then 300 dollars.

Thanks.

this is a very nice tv. Its not 1080p but it will do 720p/1080i. The difference in quality is really not too big.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889022032

Now, before you go out and buy an HDTV. Check around and see what kind of HD services your cable company offers and make sure you factor the extra cost in.

Aside from that it is a nice tv for a good price. I have one from the same company and i havent had a single problem. Its not top of the line but for 600$ its a very very fair price.

What i would do then is besides getting HD Cable i would invest in a upscaling dvd player to make you old dvd's look alot nicer.

ZeroLogic
07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
If I just wanted regular cable would I still be able to play games in HD? I'm not getting the tv anytime soon but I might as well do my research.:)

Ralph
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
If I just wanted regular cable would I still be able to play games in HD? I'm not getting the tv anytime soon but I might as well do my research.:)

Yeah. You can still play games in HD but you will have to either watch regular cable "stretched" or upscaled to a 16:9 ratio or you can leave it at the regular "4:3" ratio but it will not use up the whole screen. Not really a huge deal.

ZeroLogic
07-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Eh it wouldn't bother me to much. What about watching movies on DVD? Could you watch them on the PS3? Would they take the whole screen up?

Ralph
07-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Eh it wouldn't bother me to much. What about watching movies on DVD? Could you watch them on the PS3? Would they take the whole screen up?

Yes, a ps3 can upscale regular dvd's very nicely. Its a big difference but for the best quality go with hd-dvd or blue-ray.

<DRS>GPF
07-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Can I hook up my old Xbox to my computer moniter? What wire will I need?
I have a 19 inch wide screen LCD moniter.:macho

Thanks.

Heres the link to the moniter. Its not the same kind but it is close to it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254005

one of these might work.

http://sewelldirect.com/Gaming/XBox/XBoxConverters?adpath=/Google/Gaming/XBox%20Converters&keywords=xbox%20vga&match=3&search=content&gclid=CMPDuvGOo40CFRlmWAodcV865w

ZeroLogic
07-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
one of these might work.

http://sewelldirect.com/Gaming/XBox/XBoxConverters?adpath=/Google/Gaming/XBox%20Converters&keywords=xbox%20vga&match=3&search=content&gclid=CMPDuvGOo40CFRlmWAodcV865w

Thanks but I think I'm just going to save my money after August and go with a HDTV and PS3.:)

Ron89
07-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Hehe, another one bites the dust. Im just extremely happy with my ps3 and im tired of hearing so much bs in the media about how bad it is.

Check out the other xbox thread for a good link to a great ps3 amazon deal. otherwise i think circuit city and best buy are doing similar offers.

And really try shopping around for HDTV's. There are great deals online with free shipping. Check newegg.com.
So true! I just bought a 60 gig and F.E.A.R. last night at Game Stop. Along with it, they also have a deal for 5 free blueray movies by mail or something like that. Its such a nice machine...and to think I was about to buy a 360! lol.. As soon as I saw that it was $100 off I was sold.

ZeroLogic
07-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
So true! I just bought a 60 gig and F.E.A.R. last night at Game Stop. Along with it, they also have a deal for 5 free blueray movies by mail or something like that. Its such a nice machine...and to think I was about to buy a 360! lol.. As soon as I saw that it was $100 off I was sold.

I got that game for my computer. When I play it at nite on my moniter and 5.1 surround sound system in the pitch black, it scares the living day light out of me.