PDA

View Full Version : Ohio vs South Carolina vs others

firefighterjosh
07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I want to move to Ohio (central to eastern area). My someday wife wants to move to South Carolina.

I want to move to ohio cuz of the nice riding area, the XC racing series they have, they have no BS laws, lower taxes.

She is mainly concerned with no snow and better job oppurtunitys, which does concern me.

So which is better, all around?

As in....

XC Racing and riding areas
Taxes
Job oppurtunitys (no Mcdonalds ether)
House/Land expensies
Gas

So let me know your thoughts

Sorry SGA I deleted my other thread

So far I know of the Sorcs in GA and Mid east HS acc. in SC

300exOH
07-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Ohio isn't too bad but the job market isn't the greatest. (at leat in NE Ohio area) There have been quite a few large companies close up shop and move to other areas. My wife and I are considering a move to SC as well. She has been researching jobs in the Columbia area and she hasn't had to much trouble finding job opportunities. Housing is so much cheaper down there vs. ne ohio. For the price of a 1200 sq.ft. home in my area you can get 1500-2000sq.ft. in SC. There are a few good riding areas in ohio but the good stuff is in the PA/WV area. SC now has a ATV park that looks to be a very nice place to ride...I haven't been there yet though. SC weather is worth the move alone... Ohio weather SUCKS big time.

pro-rider46
07-11-2007, 12:37 AM
i dont know much about taxes and stuff like that but i am pretty sure that sc has a few dunes, but ohio's laws are way better than most states and pretty good riding areas.

on a side note. here in pa trails are awesome and the weather normally suchs but we havent had rain in days, beatiful weather to ride in but my quad is in the shop, jsut my luck:(

firefighterjosh
07-11-2007, 11:40 PM
I kinda have my choices down to where I would like to go

KY, TN, SC are prally my first picks. I just need ot research the job market

Lowcountrydave
07-12-2007, 03:24 AM
Hey Josh,

I live in Columbia South Carolina. I have most of my life, the weather is great hardly ever snows. When it does it last a few days. Best thing is there isn't any salt to rot your truck out from under ya here. Humidity can be a pain sometimes. I usually wear shorts year round. We call cold 50 degrees hah. Lots of job options here, manufacturing, welding, clerical, etc. Cost of living is lower here. You can buy a decent new house for around 80,000- 130,00's

At least four state parks which have OHV (Off-Highway Trails) for dirt bikes, quads. Atv parks like TNT Motorsports, CAW (Carolina Adventure World) a few others nearby in Georgia, NC. I'm not real familiar with the racing side of quads, but I know they run Harescrambles in some parts of the state.

Crimes not real bad, I mean all state have (their areas) Great country cooking and some of the best BBQ.

Dang I sound like a sales man.

Anyways there is a little insight hope it helps.

Dave

firefighterjosh
07-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Thanks that does help

:)

Gray33
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
ohio

reasons to move to ohio

1.cheap taxes
2.We are the home of the buckeyes
3.florida is our worst enemy
4.we have hocking hills
5.we have good ridign places down by nelsonvill and southern ohio
6. underage drinkin in mercer county
7. hardly get any snow but the winter are cold
8.mostly farm land
9.We have a honda plant and alot fo factorys like capt,setex,renalds,realizon,and many more
10.good country cooking

bansheerider4
07-12-2007, 09:16 AM
well i live in ohio now and am actually moving to south carolina at the end of this month...

ive went down there for a week to check it out and choosing between ohio and S.C. id choose S.C.

Reasons:
1.Gas-when gas was like three dollars in ohio it was about 2.60-2.70 in S.C.
3.Theres alot of places to ride.
4.Great weather(humidity does suck sometimes though)
5.Beaches to lay back on or theeres some you can even ride on
6.I think theres sand dunes also but im not sure
7.and if you like to smoke a pack of cgierettes is like 2.00$

stocktires
07-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I LOVE the south, SC all the way!

07-13-2007, 05:37 PM
SC....ohio dont have any good jobs generally speaking....and if you dont have no money you wont be able to go riding anyways

JJs450r
07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
ohio

reasons to move to ohio

1.cheap taxes
2.We are the home of the buckeyes
3.florida is our worst enemy
4.we have hocking hills
5.we have good ridign places down by nelsonvill and southern ohio
6. underage drinkin in mercer county
7. hardly get any snow but the winter are cold
8.mostly farm land
9.We have a honda plant and alot fo factorys like capt,setex,renalds,realizon,and many more
10.good country cooking

for got to mention its hard to come by some sweet tea :)

bansheerider4
07-13-2007, 09:23 PM
for got to mention its hard to come by some sweet tea

o south carolina has AMAZING sweet tea...every time i drink tea hear now i have to put at least 10cups of sugar init:o