PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 or xbox360 elite

yfz stealer
07-10-2007, 10:53 PM
whats the differnces between both of them?

Rulz
07-11-2007, 07:38 AM
120G disk, HDMI with cable, black console, that's about it.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/inside_the_xbox_360_elite.htm

Kaleigh
07-11-2007, 09:28 AM
is the elite still as loud as the original.. cause that was a huge turn off for me..

Gray33
07-11-2007, 10:09 AM
dude xbox 360s are junk mine has 3 red flashing lights and wont let me plahy

Ralph
07-11-2007, 10:26 AM
if you can afford the elite i would look into the ps3 instead. Theres some really good deals out there now for the same price as an elite. You also get much more for your money with ps3 and it will last you 10 years. I cant stand 360.:)

Rulz
07-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Gray33
dude xbox 360s are junk mine has 3 red flashing lights and wont let me plahy

Did you realize Microsoft is warranting the 360 due to this problem? Call them, they will send you an empty box for you to ship them your unit for repair.

Rulz
07-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
if you can afford the elite i would look into the ps3 instead. Theres some really good deals out there now for the same price as an elite. You also get much more for your money with ps3 and it will last you 10 years. I cant stand 360.:)

PS3 drops price by $100:

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7958.cfm

Ralph
07-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Rulz
PS3 drops price by $100:

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7958.cfm

PS3, Blue Ray Remote and 6 free Blue Ray High Definition Movies for $499.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000106451&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=special-offers-3&pf_rd_r=0587WGNWBTZVE6PP5YRG&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=298102701&pf_rd_i=B0009VXAM0

Even without a deal. You save alot of money when buying a ps3 because you dont have to pay for playing online and you dont need to buy batteries for the controllers.

The only downside so far to the ps3 has been games but some of the most amazing games are coming out by the end of the year.

Gray33
07-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Did you realize Microsoft is warranting the 360 due to this problem? Call them, they will send you an empty box for you to ship them your unit for repair.

ya my warnty ran out i got it when it first came out how much does it cost to fix it. My ps3 is pretty sweet i love restiance and cod3 does anyone know how the baseball game is i am thinking aobut getting it. and how do you make a ps2 game full screen its half screen on mine

Rulz
07-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Dude, your 360 is covered! Microsoft went back all the way to the launch and is covering all the 360's with this issue:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/05/360s-warranty-extended-to-three-years/

"As of today, all Xbox 360 consoles are covered by an enhanced warranty program to address specifically the general hardware failures indicated by the three flashing red lights on the console. This applies to new and previously-sold consoles. While we will still have a general one year console warranty (two years in some countries), we are announcing today a three-year warranty that covers any console that displays a three flashing red lights error message. If a customer has an issue indicated by the three flashing red lights, Microsoft will repair the console free of charge-including shipping-for three years from the console's purchase date. We will also retroactively reimburse any of you who paid for repairs related to problems indicated by this error message in the past. In doing so, Microsoft stands behind its products and takes responsibility to ensure that every Xbox 360 console owner continues to have a fantastic gaming experience."

TeamOMatic69
07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
if you are just picking between the regular one and the elite, i would get the elite. But, definetly get the PS3 instead of the elite. Thats what I would do.

MOFO
07-11-2007, 10:52 AM
with ps3 and it will last you 10 years. I cant stand 360.:)

In 10 years, the PS3, PS4 and whatever else will be obsolete - technology moves too fast and is moving faster each day.

Gray33
07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Dude, your 360 is covered! Microsoft went back all the way to the launch and is covering all the 360's with this issue:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/05/360s-warranty-extended-to-three-years/

"As of today, all Xbox 360 consoles are covered by an enhanced warranty program to address specifically the general hardware failures indicated by the three flashing red lights on the console. This applies to new and previously-sold consoles. While we will still have a general one year console warranty (two years in some countries), we are announcing today a three-year warranty that covers any console that displays a three flashing red lights error message. If a customer has an issue indicated by the three flashing red lights, Microsoft will repair the console free of charge-including shipping-for three years from the console's purchase date. We will also retroactively reimburse any of you who paid for repairs related to problems indicated by this error message in the past. In doing so, Microsoft stands behind its products and takes responsibility to ensure that every Xbox 360 console owner continues to have a fantastic gaming experience."

So, even if i dont have warnty i can still send it in should i call microsoft first? I havn't told my parents yet i have just been getting a lot of hours on my ps3 i am trying to buy a 450r and dont want to take 150 dollars awway from my money i have build up

bwamos
07-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes. Contact Microsoft. They are extending the warranty coverage.

Ralph
07-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
In 10 years, the PS3, PS4 and whatever else will be obsolete - technology moves too fast and is moving faster each day.

I guess thats why ps2 is still selling amazingly well! Also. God of war 2 which recently came out on the ps2 sold 2 million copies. Its also still a great DVD Player. For being so old the thing is doing awesome.

At the sony e3 press conference right now They are actualy talking about ps2. They are looking to sell about 10 million ps2's this year.

XBOX on the other hand has been completely abandoned. and it came out after the ps2. Thats the thing im talking about.

Ralph
07-11-2007, 11:36 AM
So, even if i dont have warnty i can still send it in should i call microsoft first? I havn't told my parents yet i have just been getting a lot of hours on my ps3 i am trying to buy a 450r and dont want to take 150 dollars awway from my money i have build up

They will fix it free.

Im actualy watching a press event live right now and i think they forgot to turn their live feed off and i just heard some interesting stuff about the 360. Seems like Guitar hero is what was killing the 360's. Made it run too hot after they added a patch to make it more sensitive. Sorry, but my ps2 ran guitar hero just fine.

Rulz
07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
The 3 red light failures were occuring long before guitar hero came out for the 360. I have both the PS2 with guitar hero and also for the 360, play it hours on end and never had an issue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,yet!!

Gray33
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
They will fix it free.

Im actualy watching a press event live right now and i think they forgot to turn their live feed off and i just heard some interesting stuff about the 360. Seems like Guitar hero is what was killing the 360's. Made it run too hot after they added a patch to make it more sensitive. Sorry, but my ps2 ran guitar hero just fine.

do i have to show them a receipt or anyhting...

I know it sucks on ps3 i cant use gutair hero...yes, i perfer both the 360 and ps3 they both ahve differnt feauteres the only good thing on 360 is u can chat to people but they get a little out of hand at times

Ralph
07-11-2007, 02:16 PM
The 3 red light failures were occuring long before guitar hero came out for the 360. I have both the PS2 with guitar hero and also for the 360, play it hours on end and never had an issue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,yet!!

They were saying it wasnt responsive enough so when they put out the update it made the console run hotter and accounted for alot of the failures.

I dunno. Either way 360's are dropping like flies.

DOHC
07-11-2007, 02:59 PM
man ps3 is junk, the graphics arnt any better then 360, they cost more then 360, the games are blue disc so they cost way more, and some ps3 systems dont play ps2 games so the systems are cheaper to build and 360 has a 2 year warrnty so all these people who keep saying there breaking dont know what there talking about

07250ex
07-11-2007, 04:11 PM
PS3 is better get that

Rulz
07-11-2007, 04:19 PM
do i have to show them a receipt or anyhting...

I know it sucks on ps3 i cant use gutair hero...yes, i perfer both the 360 and ps3 they both ahve differnt feauteres the only good thing on 360 is u can chat to people but they get a little out of hand at times

No, no receipt. If you have the 3 red light failure, which you said you did, Microshaft is warranting "all" 360's they ever made with this issue. This expires in November so get it done now. Just call them, they will send you an empty box to ship your console in.

Ralph
07-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by DOHC
man ps3 is junk, the graphics arnt any better then 360, they cost more then 360, the games are blue disc so they cost way more, and some ps3 systems dont play ps2 games so the systems are cheaper to build and 360 has a 2 year warrnty so all these people who keep saying there breaking dont know what there talking about

Im just gonna pick apart your statement for a second:

"Graphics arent better" Go find a HD Trailer for Killzone 2 or Metal Gear Solid 4.

Games cost exactly the same. Blue ray disc is also an advantage. The DEMO for "Uncharted: Drakes Fortune" Could not fit on a regular dvd. MGS4 also couldnt fit on a normal dvd and The First level of Killzone 2 took up 2gb alone. (2gb for one level and a dual layer DVD only holds 9gb)

XBox just added a 3 year warranty (Cost 1 BILLION Dollars) because they break so much. Companies dont just spend 1 billion dollars for no reason. You dont have to worry about your PS3 breaking. Failure rate for PS3 has been determined to be less than 1% as to xbox 360's estimated 30% failure rate.(Thats almost 1 in 3 as compared to less than 1 in a 100 breaking like the ps3.

If you are saying we dont know what were talking about conceirning xbox 360's breaking alot why dont you do a little research. Google "Read Ring of Death" and look into Europe investigating Microsoft for putting out faulty hardware.

You cant mess with the Facts.

Ralph
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
http://kotaku.com/assets/images/gallery/9/2007/07/medium_780265832_8d212e62cb_o.jpg

Killzone GAMEPLAY video http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12998

Metal Gear Solid 4
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12866

Only on PS3:cool:

klutchbuster250
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
i love my 360 and my sisters boyfriend has the ps3 and i like it but il stick with teh 360, i havnt had any problems and iv had it since they first ship out. i cant stand the way the ps3 plays and the online is garbage compared to live but its still very good and the graphics are amazing i like it but not more than my 360, o and gray33 i saw that u said u were saving up for a 450, then why in a thread in the 450 section dated 7-10-07 u said ur parents finally gave u the money for a 450 nad u put a pic of a red 450? lol

gncc025
07-11-2007, 05:43 PM
my 360 hasnt shown any signs of problems yet but ive only had it since the end of may.

my question is, is there a problem with ALL of them or is it a here and there thing?
I am going to be pretty upset if i have to send it back to get it fixed, regardless if its free or not. after paying that much for something i would expect it to last u know.:ermm:

Ralph
07-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by gncc025
my 360 hasnt shown any signs of problems yet but ive only had it since the end of may.

my question is, is there a problem with ALL of them or is it a here and there thing?
I am going to be pretty upset if i have to send it back to get it fixed, regardless if its free or not. after paying that much for something i would expect it to last u know.:ermm:

No, its not a definite problem. It is however pretty common. If it breaks its not too bad. You will be covered for 3 years and if breaks it should only take like 2 weeks for them to fix yours or send you a refurbished replacement.

gncc025
07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
No, its not a definite problem. It is however pretty common. If it breaks its not too bad. You will be covered for 3 years and if breaks it should only take like 2 weeks for them to fix yours or send you a refurbished replacement.

yeah i guess two weeks wont be all that bad but i would think microsoft would have had all these problems worked out considering how they are the benchmark of technology.

ive got one more question thats a little off topic.
why isnt halo made for any of the playstation consoles? does xbox have it licensed or something?

Ralph
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by gncc025
yeah i guess two weeks wont be all that bad but i would think microsoft would have had all these problems worked out considering how they are the benchmark of technology.

ive got one more question thats a little off topic.
why isnt halo made for any of the playstation consoles? does xbox have it licensed or something?

Yup. Its exclusive to the 360.

DOHC
07-11-2007, 06:28 PM
well who cares then if they break there giving u a warrnty so whats the big deal. Have u played need for speed carbon on ps3 its graphics are worse then ps2

Ralph
07-11-2007, 06:40 PM
well who cares then if they break there giving u a warrnty so whats the big deal. Have u played need for speed carbon on ps3 its graphics are worse then ps2

thats cause its a ****ty port. Thats not the ps3's fault. Its the developers who couldnt program for the more difficult architechture.

The same thing happend with the ps2. It was alot harder to program for at the time because sony utilized new technology. People complained but once they figured out how to program the games right for the ps2 it became the norm. Now sony has done it again by going into the NEXT GENERATION (New technology) so its gonna take a little time to get on its feet.

If you buy a 360 you may as well buy a nice computer because its essentialy the same thing but you can upgrade a computer.

I know people who are on their 4th xbox 360's. Its kinda of a pain in the *** when you dont have a console for 2-3 weeks and you need spend hours on the phone just to get a new one.

Not my cup of tea.

Dont believe all the fud the media is putting out. Its gonna change soon and playstation will continue to be at the top. When sony has sold way over 120 million gaming systems, they obviously know what they are doing and are not dumb

DOHC
07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
thats cause its a ****ty port. Thats not the ps3's fault. Its the developers who couldnt program for the more difficult architechture.

I know people who are on their 4th xbox 360's. Its kinda of a pain in the *** when you dont have a console for 2-3 weeks and you need spend hours on the phone just to get a new one.

Not my cup of tea.

Dont believe all the fud the media is putting out. Its gonna change soon and playstation will continue to be at the top. When sony has sold way over 120 million gaming systems, they obviously know what they are doing and are not dumb
umm ive had my 360 for 7 months and its never had a problem so they dont all break in 2 weeks, my cuzin has 2 360's and his one broke after 2 years and he bought a new one and they fixed his old one and his old one hasnt broke after 3 months and his new one is 4 months old no problems

07250ex
07-11-2007, 06:59 PM
wow them things came out in 05 weird ... culda sworn it was late 06

DOHC
07-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
wow them things came out in 05 weird ... culda sworn it was late 06
im not talking about elite

07-11-2007, 07:04 PM
all i know is my sup NES hasnt had a single problem and its been used for maybe 13 years now

07250ex
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
im not talking about elite

neither am i the elites came out like march or may 07 or sumtin

Ralph
07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
umm ive had my 360 for 7 months and its never had a problem so they dont all break in 2 weeks, my cuzin has 2 360's and his one broke after 2 years and he bought a new one and they fixed his old one and his old one hasnt broke after 3 months and his new one is 4 months old no problems

re-read. you DONT have a console for 2-3 weeks. When your console is spending time at the shop or on a ups struck.

Im not gonna argue the point here. Read any major gaming news source. Its not debatable.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/6863/

xtullyx16
07-11-2007, 08:12 PM

The same thing happend with the ps2. It was alot harder to program for at the time because sony utilized new technology. People complained but once they figured out how to program the games right for the ps2 it became the norm. Now sony has done it again by going into the NEXT GENERATION (New technology) so its gonna take a little time to get on its feet.

If you buy a 360 you may as well buy a nice computer because its essentialy the same thing but you can upgrade a computer.

Not my cup of tea.

Well guys ur posts and opinions dont matter cause apparently ralph knows everyhting to be known about this thread:rolleyes: :o

Ralph
07-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
Well guys ur posts and opinions dont matter cause apparently ralph knows everyhting to be known about this thread:rolleyes: :o

Thanks. :chinese:

Im in all ways posting my opinion. You can challange my views just like i challange yours.

If i see someone post something wrong or irrelivant then i will say so. I would hope thats what everyone else does.

Most of the things i state are not opinion just clear Facts. If you dont like the truth the dont read the thread. The kid asked what to buy and we are giving him some options.

Im not questioning whether or not his 360 is broke. I believe him that his is fine. But, according to many reliable sources, not my opinion, there was/is a design flaw. They said they have fixed it (as of like last week) but they said it once before and they continued to fail.

If you want sources i will give you sources.

Rulz
07-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Im just gonna pick apart your statement for a second:

"Graphics arent better" Go find a HD Trailer for Killzone 2 or Metal Gear Solid 4.

Games cost exactly the same. Blue ray disc is also an advantage. The DEMO for "Uncharted: Drakes Fortune" Could not fit on a regular dvd. MGS4 also couldnt fit on a normal dvd and The First level of Killzone 2 took up 2gb alone. (2gb for one level and a dual layer DVD only holds 9gb)

XBox just added a 3 year warranty (Cost 1 BILLION Dollars) because they break so much. Companies dont just spend 1 billion dollars for no reason. You dont have to worry about your PS3 breaking. Failure rate for PS3 has been determined to be less than 1% as to xbox 360's estimated 30% failure rate.(Thats almost 1 in 3 as compared to less than 1 in a 100 breaking like the ps3.

If you are saying we dont know what were talking about conceirning xbox 360's breaking alot why dont you do a little research. Google "Read Ring of Death" and look into Europe investigating Microsoft for putting out faulty hardware.

You cant mess with the Facts.

BlueRay may have an "advantage" over HD but if it doesn't survive, what's the point? Remember Sony's Betamax? It was a far superior technology than VHS but which one survived?

And you must have forgotten the hundreds of dollars that Sony ate per PS3 with the launch of PS3 just to get them on the street. How many millions of dollars did that cost Sony? I dare say if you do your research that Sony is probably still loosing money on each PS3. Think about it, how can Sony sell an individual blue ray player for $1000 yet sell the PS3 for $600 with a blue ray player built in? Something's not right with that picture.

I'm not taking the side of Microshaft, believe me they have had quality control issues with the Xbox, but Sony has it's issues as well, they just aren't with reliability.

07-12-2007, 07:11 AM
what issues are more important to the end consumer...lack of reliability, or an initial loss of revenue by the company due to launch costs...to be honest the price of the stand alone blu ray player is probably wayyyy marked up. look at the cost of dvd players now compared to what they were at the time of their launch...

Rulz
07-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Sony is just trying to recoup the engineering costs associated with the blue ray development. That's common with all companies when they launch a new product. As they mass produce more units, you will see the cost come down. But the debate is still ongoing whether that technology will survive, as I pointed out, remember Beta?? Huge gamble on Sony's part.

07-12-2007, 07:28 AM
i agree, but i dond't buy my ps3 because of the blue ray...although packaging the blu ray with a know seller like the ps3 was a good way to almost guarantee the success of it...think of how many blue ray units that they now have in homes that would not have one...what is blue rays competition? is there many of those in homes already?

Ralph
07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
BlueRay may have an "advantage" over HD but if it doesn't survive, what's the point? Remember Sony's Betamax? It was a far superior technology than VHS but which one survived?

And you must have forgotten the hundreds of dollars that Sony ate per PS3 with the launch of PS3 just to get them on the street. How many millions of dollars did that cost Sony? I dare say if you do your research that Sony is probably still loosing money on each PS3. Think about it, how can Sony sell an individual blue ray player for $1000 yet sell the PS3 for $600 with a blue ray player built in? Something's not right with that picture.

I'm not taking the side of Microshaft, believe me they have had quality control issues with the Xbox, but Sony has it's issues as well, they just aren't with reliability.

See, im gonna get burned for even replying "cause i think i know everything"

BUT... The HD-DVD vs. Blue-Ray thing is irrelevant. For video games the extra storage capacity is great so right there is all you need. The Blue-Ray Video player is an added bonus.

and losing money on every console has become pretty standard. MS lost money on the original xbox and they lost money on the 360 at first as well. Sony could be making a profit but they lowered the price again to remain competitive and gain more marketshare.

Microsoft's game division has never turned a single sent of profit. They are still in the Negatives and the 1 billion dollar warranty isnt gonna help them stay at it.

Ralph
07-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i agree, but i dond't buy my ps3 because of the blue ray...although packaging the blu ray with a know seller like the ps3 was a good way to almost guarantee the success of it...think of how many blue ray units that they now have in homes that would not have one...what is blue rays competition? is there many of those in homes already?

yup. Blue ray is selling nearly 2-1. But thats irrelevant to video games. 50+ gigs of storage is simply better than 9+.

DOHC
07-12-2007, 03:20 PM
i will agree that blue ray is better but xbox live is untouchable as far as im concerned

400eXr1d3rZ
07-12-2007, 04:50 PM
The only reason I want a PS3 is so I can continue playing the Metal Gear Solid games. I've played all of them, beat all of them 100 times and I want to play more! I absolutly love these games!

07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
what makes xbox live so great? i have a thing about paying for services like that...i don't need to play online, rarely ever do on the ps3...i have played soe diablo on the 'puter, but would never pay a monthly fee to play a game...that seems like a waste of $$$ to me

Ralph
07-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
The only reason I want a PS3 is so I can continue playing the Metal Gear Solid games. I've played all of them, beat all of them 100 times and I want to play more! I absolutly love these games!

Me too. Im realy excited for the next one but its also going to be the last one :(

Ralph
07-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Just an update:

For the people arguing the fact that 360's are made like crap. please take a gander at this article http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=85600&src=site-marq

400eXr1d3rZ
07-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Me too. Im realy excited for the next one but its also going to be the last one :(

You know, this is the first time I've ever been pissed off to find out a games series is going to end. Metal Gear Solid games were the best games I have ever played in my entire life, such great storyline, so amazing...