PDA

View Full Version : is this a good deal?

CarGuy7a
07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
ok so there's a guy down the road from me selling an 01' 660R.
it's got nerfs(not sure what brand). holeshots and wheels. WB E series rejetted. aftermarket front bumper.

the plastic has some white stretch marks where it looks like it may have been on it's lid a time or so. doesn't seem to have anything bent on it such as a-arms or axle or anything major. it also has a goofy twist and thumb throttle combo which i'm not too much a fan of.

it fired right up first crank and ran fine. he's askin 3,200 obo for it.

myself i think it's kind of high for an 01'. but i may see if he'd take like 2500 or so. is it worth messin with?

also is the 01's the first years for the rappy's and did they have any weird attributes. i think i heard they flood up doin wheelies or something like that.

MadDog56
07-11-2007, 12:44 AM
No problems with "flooding during wheelies" but the 01 models are notorious for transmission failures, specifically 2nd gear. 3200 would buy you a good running stock 03-04 in this neck of the woods. 2500 wouldn't be bad, but it's not good IMO either with the liability of a possible trans failure. IMO you should stick with the 02 or newer unless you can get the 01 for about 600-800 dollars less than an 02 (because that's what it costs to fix the trans usually).

440_Turtle
07-11-2007, 06:36 AM
my buddy has a raptor for sale in teh classifieds, its an 01 with a 686 kit and cam. it has had the tranny fixed with billet vut gears so no worries there. ALso i have all reciepts for work. hes asking 36oo but that is flexible.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307030

CarGuy7a
07-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by MadDog56
No problems with "flooding during wheelies" but the 01 models are notorious for transmission failures, specifically 2nd gear. 3200 would buy you a good running stock 03-04 in this neck of the woods. 2500 wouldn't be bad, but it's not good IMO either with the liability of a possible trans failure. IMO you should stick with the 02 or newer unless you can get the 01 for about 600-800 dollars less than an 02 (because that's what it costs to fix the trans usually).

you have a good point about it being kind of a steep price b/c i've noticed the same prices for used 03and 04's.

i also haven't even heard anything about the tranny probs. thanx for shedding the light.