PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME!!! why is my quad doing this???

yellow400ex05
07-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Ok, I just changed my oil tonight, and I go to start it up to ride it around the yard to get the oil to flow and then I was going to let the oil settle, then start it up and let it idle so I could check it, but as soon as I started it up on pre-choke it was smoking alot of white smoke. but when i took it off of pre choke it stopped smoking, HELP, i'm nervous, and it smelled like there was something burning, and when i shut it off theres still very little bit of smoke coming out of it.

firefighterjosh
07-10-2007, 10:14 PM
sound like just some dew inside your exhaulst. I am sure it is fine. Check your oil make sure it is full, and ride.

HondaEXrider22
07-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Any water get in the oil? White smoke generally means moisture somewhere.

EX LONERIDER
07-11-2007, 05:35 AM
how cold/moist was it outside? i get that once in a while should it be cold out. either or moist outside enough to get condensation inside the pipe. i usually throw a rag in the exhaust to prevent stuff like that getting in.

sc400ex_rider
07-11-2007, 06:43 AM
there is a specific oil change method for this quad. very easy to overfill. put in a quart start it and idle for a min then put another. :D

whiteEX
07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
yeah u prob have some water on condensastion in ur pipe u can get a butt plug or like a towel and put in ur exhaust, also make shure u idle the bike always after an oil change, u don't want to just start ur bike up and take off