PDA

View Full Version : a-arm bushings

tido450
07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
does anyone here have experience with replacement a-arm bushings for the 400ex. i am looking for a cheaper alternative to needle bearings. if i were to do this i would also add grease zerks. would these hold up because im frustrated with the price and relatively low lifespan of needle bearings.

maxamillion
07-10-2007, 10:48 PM
check out atvbushings.com I bought some for my 400ex there and theyve held up fine. They have grease grooves in them and can also be drilled to except a grease fitting. I drilled holes through the bushings and a-arms then tapped it so I could thread in the zerk fitting. I also grinded some of the a-arm mounts on the frame down so the zerks dont break off when the shocks compress.

<DRS>GPF
07-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by maxamillion
check out atvbushings.com I bought some for my 400ex there and theyve held up fine. They have grease grooves in them and can also be drilled to except a grease fitting. I drilled holes through the bushings and a-arms then tapped it so I could thread in the zerk fitting. I also grinded some of the a-arm mounts on the frame down so the zerks dont break off when the shocks compress.

agreed... atvbushings.com is the least expensive that i've found..

although i havent done it to mine yet, i have helped with 2 other quads that have done just that..

i just havent changed mine yet 'cause theyre still good, but mostly because i plan on buying +2 A-arm's and they'll come with new bushings..

REDRIDDER
07-11-2007, 12:41 PM
x3... lol they are the cheapest

tido450
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
thanks guys i appreciate the help.