PDA

View Full Version : swingarm-shock

cz440
07-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Well after 2 races on our stock drx 70 we broke something. The stock swingarm is bent and the rear shock is blown. Does anyone know my options this being a DRX ?

hotquads1
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
stock replacment parts are available , inexpensive ,but likely to happen again

we recommend the Elka shock with a reinforced racing swingarm, this will handle all your racing needs, purchase this one time and your done!
Marc

ecmini1
07-10-2007, 06:08 PM
You can also gusset a stock swing arm. If your child is going to be aggresive time to up grade shocks and gusset the whole bike to be able to take the beating.

Full Throttle00
07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I agree, you can weld & gusset your stock one if you are in a pinch. I have gone thru 3 swing arms. Now have Elka rear tripple shock.
You better gusset the frame as well, with these new quads the kids are getting faster & jumping bigger....

Here is a few pics of a few high flyin' mini 70 & 90....

Full Throttle00
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Weld gusset paint and powdercoat everything or it will get weak and break.. Just be careful or have a good welding shop do it or may cause another part of the frame to break.
Fox Shocks in Front / Elka tripple in the rear.
Nothing is guaranteed, but it's sure helps...

bulldogfallon
07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by cz440
Well after 2 races on our stock drx 70 we broke something. The stock swingarm is bent and the rear shock is blown. Does anyone know my options this being a DRX ?

Check with your local dealer to see if you can get it covered under warranty if your not able to upgrade at this point.

What was the cause? The shock failure?