PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Rebuilt Motor (Needs Head)

Metzroth
07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
I have a motor out of a 2003 400ex that I just had bored 2mm over and bought a J.E. 10.8:1 piston for. The motor hasn't even been assembled yet. The bore and hone is fresh. I also have a complete gasket kit for this motor. If you have a motor that is blown with a good head this would be a painless rebuild. The cam chain tensioner and camchain will also be brand new. The cam chain is HD. Shoot me a PM with your offers. Thanks!

Metzroth
07-10-2007, 11:53 PM
After considering all the brand new parts that will be going with this, I decided that the first $800 takes it. This is an extremely good deal. I am including a brand new J.E. Piston ($120), a fresh machined jug matched to the piston ($40 for machine work), a brand new cam chain tensioner which is the reason i started this rebuild($60) :rolleyes:, and a brand new Heavy Duty cam chain just to be safe ($40). Not to mention the bottom end is in excellent shape and would probably sell for around $450 on ebay alone. And the jug would probably sell for around $150. Add that up and you will realize that you are going to save yourself a little bit of money and you wont have to pay separate shipping. If you have a motor that is in need of a rebuild this would make the process so much easier. Then, you could have the motor you have now machined and have yourself a spare motor. That was my plan, but financial problems have caused me to cancel those plans. I also have a 400ex frame for sale. Just powdercoated Gentian Blue. The frame hasnt had anything at all installed on it and there are no cracks or bends. The subframe is bent but functionality is fine. I would take $500 for the frame and subframe. I just paid $175 for the powdercoating not to mention the worth of the frame itself.

Metzroth
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Will consider partial trades. I need to get atleast $500 cash, if you make up the other $300 in trades I would consider. Otherwise 800 cash. I will be listing everything on ebay in a week or so if no one is interested.

billyboy
07-13-2007, 06:34 AM
What are looking for in trades? Also What is the bottom dollar on that frame and does it have a title??