PDA

View Full Version : JULY 8th AGP NA WARHORSE RACE REPORT!

Dale@AGP
07-10-2007, 07:56 AM
July 8th 2007 Atlantic Grand Prix Round #4 at North American Warhorse in Dunmore, PA

North American WarHorse proved to be another fine challenging course just as at the previous round on June 17th.

The course consisted of two tracks one that was just over three miles for the youth mini cycles as well as the youth quad riders. The other was the adult course which was another 7 mile course up on the famed Moosic Mountain just behind the largest motorcycle shop east of the Mississippi. The adult course consisted of a combination of wide quad width ATV trails with two water crossings and the Holiday Inn hill and the Moosic moonwalk.

The day started with mild temps in the 75¼ for the youth races, but by the time the adult quad race started we were in the mid 90¼s.

The course was relatively fast with many of top bike riders turning the 7 mile course in 13 minutes and 27 seconds and the fast quad riders doing the same course at 13 minutes and 47 seconds. Which put the average speed at around 31 mph.

In the morning mini cycle race it was Vincentown native Steve Hodgson coving the 15 mile course in 45 minutes. Running in second and only seconds behind was Plainville MA native and GNCC youth racer Garrett Harvey and in third was Renovo PA resident Brock Peck who also won the 85cc (14-15) class.

The morning youth quad race was another great race with Tyler Stacham covering 12 miles in 45 minutes and again for the second race in a row Plainville MA GNCC rider Garrett Harvey holding a well deserved 2 place finish. In third overall it was Toms River NJ native Nichols Major also getting 4 laps in.

The Adult motorcycle race was another hard fought battle between Atco NJ native and Christini rider Wally Palmer and Medway MA Yamaha and GNCC rider Justin Tucker trading the number one and number two position multiple times during the race. Finally at the end of the 4th lap Wally Palmer put the pass on Justin only a mile from the scoring barrels and held 1st place with a final lead of 1minute and 25 seconds when the checkered flag dropped. In third overall was A-Vet rider Scott Mickelson out of Hardwick NJ also getting in 6 laps and only a couple of minutes off of PalmerÕs pace.

Also of note: Wally Palmer gave Christini Motorcycles their first overall win ever and Wally is currently leading the AGP series points race.

The Adult quad race was another epic battle between AGP Pro Rob Hertz and first time AGP participant Josh Whitehead out of Sinking Springs PA. On lap 1 it was Josh Whitehead with Hurtz only 3 seconds back and Medway MA Scott Samuel only 17 seconds behind. The race was pretty much that close for the first three laps, but on lap 4 Rob Hurtz put the pass on Josh Whitehead only to loose it on the next lap when he had mechanical difficulties. This presented Pro Am rider Steve Stracka the opportunity to move into 3rd after clawing his way through the pack.

Another big success was the injured rider fund raiser run by TheQuadBuilder.com whoÕs members ran the food concession and raised over a $1000 for a racer that was injured earlier in the year...on top of that all the proceeds collected from the gate fee at this AGP event went to the local youth sports program and we raised close to $3000 for that charity.

Again thanks for all those that made the event a success and for those that didnÕt there is still one more chance to race the Warhorse this season...hope we see you all there.

July 8th Story, results, photos and up to date series points: http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/AGPround407.html

JJDog
07-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Dale,

Thanks for a fantastic race. I took my younger (and faster) brother John to the race (as my pit manager, agent, personal photographer and bodyguard) and he is now itching to race one of the next few races on his new quad! The one thing that you need to work on is my physical conditioning . . . I think I have to blame you (b/c I can't blame anyone else) for my lack of stamina . . . I lost my steam after only a couple laps and only grabbed second place in 4x4 limited (ok, the heat may have been a factor). Great race . . . I can't wait until the nest round to see everyone!

-Jim

P.S. The decently priced food for a good cause was a nice touch.