PDA

View Full Version : whats the minimum wiring to get it running.

maddmatt02
07-09-2007, 09:56 PM
not gonna have headlights, not gonna have reverse or neutral lights, dont want the reverse inhibitor(is it like the raptors reverse rev limiter deal), or do I need it, all I want is to be able to flip a toggle switch, push a momentary switch for it to start and have it run and charge a battery. I have a 250x harness, and 300ex engine/cdi/regulator/etc... so if I have a running 300ex to copy it shouldnt be hard to buy some wiring and some bullet connectors and follow the wiring on the other quad and in the book and modify the 250x harness to get it running right?

dork
07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
get a 300ex harness. to charge the battery you will need the 300ex voltage regulator/rectifier to convert the charging coil AC volts to DC for the battery. the connectors and placement on the machines are different for this plus the 300 has more wires so it would be a wiring mess. you should be able to get one off ebay for $20 or less. also you need a wiring schematic to figure how to bypass the inhibitor. and the 300ex cdi kill circuit is normally closed which means your kill switch needs to be that way as well, which the 250x isn't. so like i said a 300 harness is the way to go.

bwamos
07-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by dork
also you need a wiring schematic to figure how to bypass the inhibitor.

Cut the wire going to the (R) connection under the sheetmetal cover behind the rear brake pedal and ground the end coming from the wire harness to the engine/frame.

No more reverse limiter. ;) Added bonus. It will start when in reverse, if you kill it.

maddmatt02
07-10-2007, 08:59 PM
behind the rear brake pedal? only wires under sheetmetal I know of off hand would be the ones to the reverse light and neutral light. and this would be behind the brake lever looking at it from the side so im guessing thats what you are talking about.

I am watching a couple auctions for them right now but wanted a heads up on what it would take if I didnt win any of them.