PDA

View Full Version : tire pressures.

400exMO
07-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I searched this and couldn't seem to come up with the right answer.
I am trying to get the perfect tire pressure set up for me. I understand aftermarket suspension makes a difference, I have aftermarket fronts and TCS rebuilt rear. I also have hipers in the rear. I ride MX, what would be a good starting point?

Barrymaxx
07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Kinda hard to say. For hardpacked stuff, try a softer tire for more bite. Opposite for loose terrain.

I think my tires are around 5-6 psi, but they leak, so im always putting air in them.

juanki
07-16-2007, 10:11 AM
for mx tires (18" or 19") you have to go higer like 7 or 8 psi, you want the suspension to take the hits, not the tires.

i remember reading in dw, thay they made a test on diferent tire pressuere for mx tires, i remember they went up like 12 psi.. i'll look for that and i'll try to post the results on that.

" For hardpacked stuff, try a softer tire for more bite. Opposite for loose terrain."

i wolud think is the opposite, when you go to the dunes you take air out to have more grip. maybe i'm wrong...
:confused:

georgedoggy
07-17-2007, 12:49 AM
i run between 10-11 in the fronts and about 8 in the rear. I remember doug gust on his old website he recommended higher pressures and ive always run it that way since. He use to run even higher from memory.
By running higher air, you get less chance of busting a rim, and a better roll in mx. for trail and dunes of course its different again.
give it a go and let me know how it works for you.