PDA

View Full Version : Building computer

Kickstarts-suck
07-09-2007, 06:40 PM
I want a new computer to play games and get on the internet. I would like to build one myself but have never done it before. Also would like it to be as cheap as possible because i will be paying for everything. Ive heard there isnt much to building one. Also if i ever needed help my uncle is really good with computers.
What all do i need to have a good gaming computer?

I would probably buy everything from newegg.com, seems like they have alot of stuff and good prices.

thanks

ZeroLogic
07-09-2007, 06:47 PM
AMD 64 cpu

Pci or SLI based gpu and about 100 gigs of space.

A nice wide screen moniter and a good set of speakers.

ATLEAST one gig of ram.

A strong mother board to go along with it.

And a powerfull enough psu.

If your completely computer dumb then don't even bother. Its real technical. I built my computer two years ago. It cost me $1,400. Well worth it.

orca0294
07-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't exactly have the time to come up with a complete list but I do have 5 builds under my belt.

I would reccomend a top of the line CPU in compliance with a very high end graphics card depending on your standards and game requirements. A common assumption people will tell you is AMD is a better gaming card but in reality right now both Intel and AMD will do you very well with gaming; AMD is known to be a gaming CPU though. About a gig of ddr2 should do you just fine on RAM. The hard drive is all your own decision on how much you think you will be storing. Go with a decent brand on the motherboard, I have ran into some trouble with off-brands..mainly ECS. I'd reccomend Abit, gigabyte, or Asus.

Newegg.com is the way to go; best prices and a great backround.

If you have any questions - IM me at orcutt853

Kickstarts-suck
07-09-2007, 07:34 PM
found this site

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/build-a-computer.htm

really helpfull