PDA

View Full Version : Bad accident, ideas on new parts?

Flyin-Low
07-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Well, I was hit by a dirtbike traveling around 100km/h. He was on his way up a hill that I was about to go down and we didn't see eachother coming. He was launched off of a whoop and was airborn when he hit my quad, I was able to slow to a stop. He landed in the forest and hit some trees and logs and was airlifted to hospital but only survived for 2 hours. I only got a broken collar bone, fractured arm, severe concussion, whiplash and some extreme bruising and cuts.

Heres some pics of my quad.
My frame is bent, so I will need a new one and I don't know where to get it, any help?
My throttle is broken, I need new front plastic, my rim is destroyed, a-arms bent, tie rods, headlight, hood, bars, steering stem is snapped in half and I think thats about it?

Please give me ideas for what parts I should get, I ride trails quite a bit and like to visit the track often..

-Martin

Flyin-Low
07-09-2007, 05:21 PM
SH1TTY

Flyin-Low
07-09-2007, 05:22 PM
uhh..

Flyin-Low
07-09-2007, 05:23 PM
damn

Flyin-Low
07-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't think you can see in the pics, but my leg hit the bars soo hard the left one broke the control box for lights and stuff right off the bars and my right leg broke the thumb throttle off.

roundsy
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
that's brutal, I don't what I'd do if my quad looked like that :(

pro-rider46
07-09-2007, 06:49 PM
i feel bad for you and even worse for the kid that died

but on the bright side you have plenty of time for a rebuild

do u have any pics of the bike

best wishes

Tlongs400
07-09-2007, 08:32 PM
probaly have to get a new frame from honda but the other parts u can get from here...alot of bikes be parted out here and flea-bay

good luck to u

Tlongs400
07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
that dude "supercup" on here has alot of parts u need,just a few posts down from here

tar
07-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Aww man that really sucks espscially since the kid passed your very lucky. You can find some good deals in the parts for sale section.

Supercup
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
As noted above I have probably everything you need. I have a lot of new parts taken off my 2006 before a single ride.

Send me your email and I can send you photos of what you need.

I have the throttle, steering stem, a-arms, hood (black), bumper etc...

Glad you are ok and will have the opportunity to ride again.

My condolences to the family and friends of the other rider. It should be a reminder to all of us that we can't be too careful having fun.

JCM