PDA

View Full Version : Lembo Lake or ATV NY

TeamOMatic69
07-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Yesterday I went up to Lembo Lake for a nice day of trail riding with a buddy of mine. We took the Suzuki Z250, and borrowed a Raptor 700 from a friend of ours. Right when we got to the place, we noticed that the sign was gone. It was wierd. Then we drove into the place and it was deserted. There was no people and everything was overgrown. We drove up the gate and noticed that the gates were open but there was no one at the pay booth. We drove all the way from Southern CT, and we were gonna be doing some riding anyway. My dad just told us to drive around until we get kicked out. 3 hours went by and no one showed up and no one kicked us out. The dirt oval track was all bumpy and the place looked like a dump. Finally after 3 hours 2 families showed up and were riding along with us. We went home and found out that the place was actually opened. For all of you that think Lembo Lake is closed, it isnt! I'm going up there again this sunday. If anyone is in the area, you guys should stop by. If you do, youll see me, brother, and my friend on a Special Edition YFZ450, Yellow Suzuki Z250, and a Blue Raptor 700.

sully55
07-09-2007, 05:14 PM
As far as I know the placed is definately closed. Probably just lucked out not having the cops show up. I wouldnt go back there too many times, your luck may run out. Happy riding

TeamOMatic69
07-09-2007, 05:33 PM
the gates were all open and another family showed up a little later. And there were cars at the house near the lake when we pulled up. And i mean we stayed there for 4 hours riding non stop and not even one cop came.

rr outlaw
07-10-2007, 07:48 PM
they are open again! Check their site... www.atvny.com

TeamOMatic69
07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
dude it has always said that

rr outlaw
07-11-2007, 06:42 AM
at one point last year it said that they will be closed for riding but open for picknicking, fishing etc. Now they have taken that off. I think this was becasue of the nearby houses complaining.

sully55
07-11-2007, 09:50 AM
my apolgizes teamomatic, they are open again.

http://www.atvny.com/race.htm

but.. like rroutlaw said they were closed for awhile, I had confirmed it by calling them. The cops showed up, an closed them down. They had a big fun raiser awhile back. Good to see they worked through it. Hope to see you riding there soon.

TeamOMatic69
07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
yea ill be riding there this sunday, if anyone lives around the area you guys should stop by and ride with us.

07-17-2007, 08:23 AM
How much is it? Do you have to be registered? how far from CT?

TeamOMatic69
07-17-2007, 01:46 PM
its free, you dont need to be registered and its 50 miles from stamford, ct. Look it up, its in a town called modena, ny.

07-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Sounds good...anything else I need to know about the rules or anything? Do I need to make an appointment as it says on the website? I am planning on going up on Sunday the 22nd

07-19-2007, 06:55 AM
I got a reply email from Dave Lembo saying he ha a new place up the street from the lake??? Not sure if Lembo Lake is really open or not...do not want to drive up there for nothing...anyone with updated news please chime in...thanks

chiaml
07-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I spoke to them less than a month ago and they told me the regular riding area is closed. He does have additional land close by, but it's nowhere near the size of the old (not that that was that big to begin with). I didn't want to make the trip for that limited riding. If anyone rides on his new land, let us know how it is.

TeamOMatic69
07-23-2007, 10:25 AM
ok listen up, i just went to the new one, last sunday and it is about 70 acres. Its definetly not the size of the original one, but its pretty fun. They have apple orchards, mud, and some water you can try and go threw. They have a river you can cross and long trails you can go on. The regualr lembo lake is still closed because its still a court issue, but it could open soon. I went to the big one 2 weeks ago, and i talked to mike and he said, im surprised you guys didnt get arrested. ahaha its pretty fun to go to the new one anyway, since its close by to me.

sully55
07-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Team

Is Mike ok with us riding at the new place. Also, is it part of the original location, just smaller, or is it at a different location altogether. Thanks alot.

07-24-2007, 05:11 AM
I can't justfy $35 to ride there...

TeamOMatic69
07-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by sully55
Team

Is Mike ok with us riding at the new place. Also, is it part of the original location, just smaller, or is it at a different location altogether. Thanks alot. right when you go to the new place, mike drives up to you in his red ford explorer and tells you the rules and stuff. Then you ride around. If any of you have been to Lembo Lakes and you know the part where all of those trucks are parked, its down that little access road. Its to the side of the original place, its just smaller.

Dying Breed
03-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I was checking out the site sounds cool. I plan to take the trip down from Schenectady,NY this season. I'll ride at the smaller location because it is better than no location like we have around here. I plan to support the place because he is trying to keep our sport alive and we need more people like that. Hope they have a rally this summer to show support for Lembo Lake and the sport.

Dying Breed
03-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I was checking out the site sounds cool. I plan to take the trip down from Schenectady,NY this season. I'll ride at the smaller location because it is better than no location like we have around here. I plan to support the place because he is trying to keep our sport alive and we need more people like that. Hope they have a rally this summer to show support for Lembo Lake and the sport.

jtquad
03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I helped plan the rally we did there 2 years ago. - JT

Pred_003
03-17-2008, 04:45 AM
Anyone know the current status of this place??? It's the first i've ever heard of it... I'm about 4 hrs from there and i'm not sure if it's worth the drive... I'm assuming the larger area is still closed???

jtquad
03-17-2008, 07:17 AM
yes, the larger area is closed - JT

Pred_003
03-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok, thanks...