PDA

View Full Version : opinions on ESR trx5 center mount exhaust

mineralgrey01gt
07-09-2007, 04:16 PM
What do yall think about this exhaust? Im considering getting it for my 250r. Will it work as well as the normal trx5 exhaust?

bushwesl
07-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I actually own both, but have yet to try the centermount version. It really all depends on what type of conditions you ride in. If you're never going to see any water or heavy mud conditions, then the centermount will probably be ok, because it eliminates the airbox. If you're going to be riding in any of the former, then I would suggest that you stick with the standard trx5, as you are able to run the stock air box. Although, you're supposed to be able to get a couple extra horsepower out of the centermount because it has a shorter, more straight stinger for increased flow, but I have yet to see any dyno results for proof.

Kirt13
07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I have the TRX5 Centermount. It's loud and it RIPS!!

mineralgrey01gt
07-09-2007, 07:14 PM
It actually comes up to be cheaper with the centermount, thats why I was asking. Not by much just by a hair. I planned on running an air box because incase if I ever hit water and cant avoid it.

Kirt13
07-09-2007, 07:25 PM
It's more expensive for the centermount. You have to buy the no airbox kit and the mounting kit both from ESR.
It's definately worth it though. You get no more burn area on your plastics from the pipe, it looks sweet, and it sounds GREAT.

norcalduner
07-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I also have both but got the centermount primarily to lower my engine temps. Just note that you will have fitment issues with the centermount if you run anything other than a stock link frame. As far as the power is concerned, the centermount seems to have a tad more on the top end and it is definitely louder.

zedicus00
07-09-2007, 10:03 PM
i use a water proof outer whares on my aircleener. it works until the handlebars are under water, at that point you have more important things to worry about though. ive seen a dyno sheet that showed about a half horse gain across the board. the butt dyno cant really feal it though. i got it for the possibility of lower engine temps.

mineralgrey01gt
07-09-2007, 11:38 PM
centermount is what I will get, thanks yall.

cdrookie
07-10-2007, 04:39 AM
you just said you was gonna run with the airbox:confused:

bushwesl
07-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
i use a water proof outer whares on my aircleener. it works until the handlebars are under water, at that point you have more important things to worry about though. ive seen a dyno sheet that showed about a half horse gain across the board. the butt dyno cant really feal it though. i got it for the possibility of lower engine temps.

Who makes the water proof outer wear? Where did you get it?

mineralgrey01gt
07-10-2007, 06:49 AM
crdookie, i forgotten about the water proof outerwear filter covers. That should be enough protection for me with no airbox.

zedicus00
07-10-2007, 10:45 AM
http://www.outerwearsracing.com/

call them, if they dont hav it in stock they will make it. i had a custom intake on my girls blaster and they made a purple water proof one for the dimensions i gave them. was about 30$ i think.