PDA

View Full Version : Team EXRacers is a go.

Clay
10-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Okay lets do it this way. Since 400exracer and I have kinda initiated this, you can email us with your name, pics, and a little biographical info, whoever we get this stuff from, well make a list of the people on the team. Draggers welcome, freestylers welcome, and other quads welcome as well. My email is clay_rhye54@hotmail.com. You can email 400exracer at huffmaca@MUC.EDU Lets get this started so we can make our presence felt.

Chef
10-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Too bad I live on the West Coast...:(

Clay
10-22-2002, 08:20 PM
I am man. My sn is clayrhye.

Clay
10-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Alky, it doesn't matter, we want this to be nationwide. Email me some stuff dude, and well hook it up.

Clay
10-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Bump. :devil :D

10-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Bumparoo

10-22-2002, 09:23 PM
go to the top of the page so everyone can read it

DEAL
10-22-2002, 09:26 PM
I race , not too seriously yet. I will represent NS canada.:D

10-22-2002, 09:26 PM
send me an email

cdalejef
10-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Have you guys asked Ben about this?

10-22-2002, 09:31 PM
i sent him a pm but he aint on yet, dont ruin the fun jeff, (jeff's gettin worried:( )

cdalejef
10-22-2002, 09:50 PM
I'm not worried, I was just wondering if he knew about it.:cool:

10-22-2002, 09:52 PM
mmmmmmhmmmm sure. u r so skeered right now:confused: :blah

10-23-2002, 10:04 AM
ttt

AtvMxRider
10-23-2002, 11:13 AM
crhye250r
You have mail:D

QuadTrix6
10-23-2002, 11:53 AM
whats the requirments ? im interested

10-23-2002, 12:03 PM
do u have im. come talk to me. puff5er

10-23-2002, 01:06 PM
Just some food for thought,,but what if one of the exriders team members goes out and makes a complete jackass of himself and makes the site look really bad and causes problems to Ben???

Who's gonna take responsibility for this someone's actions????

We already have members that act like jackass's on here as it is,,God forgide they get in public and represent the site..:eek:

I'm not tryin to start trouble,,but you guys have a big responsibility here. Also what will Ben get out of this,,since he owns the site and the logo EXriders.com???

In all Honesty I think the idea will do the site more harm than good,,I could be wrong so don't hate me for giving my opinion.

Guy400
10-23-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Just some food for thought,,but what if one of the exriders team members goes out and makes a complete jackass of himself and makes the site look really bad and causes problems to Ben???

Who's gonna take responsibility for this someone's actions????

We already have members that act like jackass's on here as it is,,God forgide they get in public and represent the site..:eek:

I'm not tryin to start trouble,,but you guys have a big responsibility here. Also what will Ben get out of this,,since he owns the site and the logo EXriders.com???

In all Honesty I think the idea will do the site more harm than good,,I could be wrong so don't hate me for giving my opinion. I'm going to have to agree with Rico. Ben had to purchase EXRiders.com and it's a legal entity, you guys can't start a race team using this site's name or logo without permission from the site's owner. Also, since you don't own the site you can't dictate who gets to be a member of this race team and who doesn't. If a race team were to be created using the EXR name and logo it would have to be with Ben's permission and as a result he'd be the one selecting who gets to be a part or not. And like Rico said, what happens if someone joins this race team and causes the site harm? It's not like the site makes so much money it can send a representative of itself to every race a member participates in. A company like Nac's, etc. who sponsor race teams only sponsors a couple of riders and they're at those races making sure their company is being portrayed in the fashion they deem desirable. It would be impossible for EXR to police a nationwide race team each and every weekend. If you guys want to start a race team of sorts than go ahead but it can't have any affiliation to EXR without the consent of Ben.

ChadEXer
10-23-2002, 01:58 PM
I agree!

10-23-2002, 02:12 PM
Well if u guys have to be against it, i have already talked to ben about it. We are in th process of doing it.

10-23-2002, 02:13 PM
well it's alot easier said than done..

10-23-2002, 02:15 PM
i know this rico. Dont worry about it.

Derek
10-23-2002, 02:28 PM
is it just me or is there no point of getting o this team?:huh :huh :huh :huh

10-23-2002, 02:39 PM
shut up derek. Y post if u dont like it. Mow this will turninto a flame. U just like to kiss *** to the mods.

Derek
10-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Yea ok 400exracer.......whatever you say:rolleyes: ....considering leo used to have to tell me to keep it on the down low. Yea i really love kisssing the mods arse. What you need to do is kiss my ARSE!!!!

Derek
10-23-2002, 02:43 PM
and im guessin just casue you cant get sponsered you have to make the "EXriders.com racing team"

10-23-2002, 02:44 PM
good one derek

Derek
10-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Yea thats what i though. SHut your mouth

10-23-2002, 02:59 PM
I will break u boy
:macho

trx400ex
10-23-2002, 03:02 PM
:blah

10-23-2002, 03:02 PM
This is the kinda stuff I'm talkin about...we can't lock you guys out of races for argueing with other racers, etc, etc. Also a good point was brought up to me..

Since we live in this world that everybody should sue everyone they can and get a free meal ticket. What happens if one of you guys/kids get's hurt on a MX track and your mom and dad decide since your an exriders race team member,,they should sue exriders for supporting you and pushing you to race. If you can sue a cigarette company for killing your lungs for inhaling smoke,,why couldn't your parents hold exriders resposible for your Dr. bills. For this to take effect I think a lawyer needs to get invovled and there needs to be lots of signatures from racers and parents..if ya ask me it's a big headache that has no paybacks...but again,,I could be wrong.

Send your resume to all the aftermarket shops and just plaster exriders stickers on your quad..that way everybody is a winner..

400exBro
10-23-2002, 03:03 PM
count me in, let me get something together tonight or tomorrow and send it ya....
i might keep the ex i might not, what happens if i buy a c-dale, am i still on the team???

lata
Bro

Derek
10-23-2002, 03:06 PM
i agrees 110% with rico.

10-23-2002, 03:09 PM
whatever, u guys have problems with fun.

Guy400
10-23-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by 400exracer
whatever, u guys have problems with fun. It's got nothing to do with that. When you're dealing with a corporate entity there are legalities that you must face.

Derek
10-23-2002, 03:12 PM
no having fun is great but making something that is pointless and just causes trouble is retarded.

MSL
10-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Rico has a point.

People are arguing already.

To me it sounded like a good idea, but there is a lot of liability.

whatever

sportraxrider10
Originally posted by Rico
This is the kinda stuff I'm talkin about...we can't lock you guys out of races for argueing with other racers, etc, etc. Also a good point was brought up to me..

Since we live in this world that everybody should sue everyone they can and get a free meal ticket. What happens if one of you guys/kids get's hurt on a MX track and your mom and dad decide since your an exriders race team member,,they should sue exriders for supporting you and pushing you to race. If you can sue a cigarette company for killing your lungs for inhaling smoke,,why couldn't your parents hold exriders resposible for your Dr. bills. For this to take effect I think a lawyer needs to get invovled and there needs to be lots of signatures from racers and parents..if ya ask me it's a big headache that has no paybacks...but again,,I could be wrong.

Send your resume to all the aftermarket shops and just plaster exriders stickers on your quad..that way everybody is a winner..

very, VERY well said rico

QuadRacer041
10-23-2002, 03:29 PM
i agree with rico, very good point, i never thought of that but its very true.

10-23-2002, 03:32 PM
Well now that I"m the A-hole for ruining the exriders race team I think I'll go home and have a cold one.

Again,,, guys that are wanting this to happen,,I'm not tryin ta piss on your parade,,I encourage quad racing of all kinds,,you just have to follow the right path to get something of this size going in the right direction from the very beginning.

10-23-2002, 03:35 PM
whatever u say rico. ur the boss boss (well besides ben):( :( :( :(

Clay
10-23-2002, 03:47 PM
I'll just free myself of liability.

Rico, if you want this, you tell us how to do it, or you can do it yourself. I thought we had a good idea, and so did alot of others. You can take care of it however you want to. I dont want to start any ****. Sorry for whatever i didn't do right. Screw it :(

10-23-2002, 03:48 PM
yep i guess ita a no go:(

10-23-2002, 03:51 PM
uhhhh i dont know this and im not takin either side but i dont have to sign ne thing if my local shop sponsors me and for example the nacs support riders, they dotn sign ne thing, why doesnt somebody make a waiver, talk to ben see whta he thinks and he gives it a go then u guys make up the waiver get it approved by him and then you can send it to the selected riders....sounds trouble free..... i dont think ne one is gonna sue nacs though.......so i dont get what this whole argument is about.......the other day a kid told me i could be on his team....then i fell off then i sued him? hmmmm doesnt sound logical:confused:

Tommy 17
10-23-2002, 03:52 PM
y not just let everyone on the site be on it... and if they want to all the have to do is pay 1$ for a sticker and put it on their quad so everyone can see they are from exriders... its that easy...

y say so and so can't be on it but this person can bc he fits these certain rules... we all are exriders not just a select few of us... ALL 4,000 or how ever many are on the site...

10-23-2002, 03:55 PM
i didnt read all of the argumetn but......i just read it and.......dont you think if some kid went and made a *** out of himself people arent gonna buy stuff from nacs cuz they had nacs graphics and maybe recieve help from nacs? i think crhye and 400exracer arent gonna select somebody who isnt gonna represent ex riders well......i think it would be no diff than me having a sticker on my quad and then i ride around flipping people off and mooning them without my helmet

i think rico is jealous he wasnt picked:eek: j/k

oh yeah...i thinkt he 4,000 members there are only 30 people maybe the contribute at all, the rest have been banned multiple times and just screw around or dont have much interest in it,

10-23-2002, 03:58 PM
tru tru

10-23-2002, 04:04 PM
i dont think either of those guys are gonna choose unfairly, everyone has the oppurtunity to try to get on the team and if u dont wanan u dont have to, i don know whats leaving such a sour taste in everyones mouths about this, i think its pretty cool, most of us will never be on a team, people arent gonna bad mouth k and k because they wouldnt sponsor them, if u dont race they wont, why should it be any diff here, everyone is a ex rider and now thier is a oppurtunity for the few who race and are interested to be part of a team i th ink its great and a great way to advetise, yeah yeah everyone can have a sticker..........maybe we could get soem that say team ex riders just for the members on it.......i dont think thier gonna refuse u if u race and wanna be on, everyone needs to settle down a bit, its a good idea give them time to work this out and it will be great

AlaskaSpeed
10-23-2002, 04:08 PM
It's one thing to be mooning people, or flipping them off; and only having an EXriders.com sticker on your quad. It's an entirely different situation when you are actually signed up as a representative of the so-called EXriders Racing Team. Kind of like if you are driving chevy and moon someone, people aren't going to remember that you drive a Chevy, just that you mooned them. Now, if you are driving a Chevy trophy truck and moon the overhead helicopter....you won't be part of the Chevy Off Road race team for long.
Rico and Guy are just bringing up good points that you might not have thought about...and yes, it sucks that we have to think of every cool idea in legal terms, but it is reality. You guys would do better listening to what these guys said and instead of getting defensive, try pursuing it along the path they recommended.
Just my opinion, JIM

Mity Mo
10-23-2002, 04:11 PM
Just so you know. Your larger sponsors do make you sign a waiver. With all the riders that I sponsor I make them sign a waiver. Otherwise if they fail to do one thing right I pull their sponsorship. I also think Rico is dead on. I own two different buisnesses and you have to be careful. Parents get really strange when their kid is hurt and they dont want to pay those bills as much as the next person. The idea is good. You just need to come up with something that can make everyone happy. Mo
;)

10-23-2002, 04:13 PM
yeah......well whos gonna be doin stuff liek that anyway, the only time ive ever mooned anyone racing was when i forgot my belt, if we were all top pro racers i could see what you guys are saying holds some value but face it, were all redneck racers, make up a small waiver, mail it out to the people chosen have thm mail it back to ben, he approves them sends them a email etc., weve all got some good points ....its just gonan be up to ben, i dont see any harm in it....its not like were signing ricky carmicheal to honda...

400exrules
10-23-2002, 04:17 PM

AlaskaSpeed
10-23-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by #12nacs400ex
yeah......well whos gonna be doin stuff liek that anyway, the only time ive ever mooned anyone racing was when i forgot my belt, if we were all top pro racers i could see what you guys are saying holds some value but face it, were all redneck racers, make up a small waiver, mail it out to the people chosen have thm mail it back to ben, he approves them sends them a email etc., weve all got some good points ....its just gonan be up to ben, i dont see any harm in it....its not like were signing ricky carmicheal to honda...

lol...you never know, there might be a "Ricky Carmichael" in the rough on this site.....
Obviously, the decision should be whomever owns the site; then whatever is decided is final. What would the criteria be for deciding who makes the "team"? JIM

10-23-2002, 04:22 PM
i think we should make waiver, if bens says its ok, find out what has to be on it have him approve the waiver, once the selected people have been made, mail the waivers to them, have it signed by guardian and kid, ahve it notarized, mail it to ben then have cryhe and the oythers take it from there

stocktires
10-23-2002, 04:29 PM
The idea of a team is awesome, I'd say for a team make EXRACER's stickers or something thats has exrider's race team. Everyone here is an exrider like Tommy said
Rico brough everyone to reality I think. A NATIONAL race team wouldnt be an easy chore at all! Keeping up with everything and managing everything legal will be a lot of work.
Id love to be on an exriders team, But I know I couldn't be on it (Havent raced much yet because of MANY problems, but have big future plans).
A waiver would be a must and also resume's would be a good idea.
Maybe that 16+ year old rule would be a good idea (Im 15 and Im suggesting that!)

mrusk
10-23-2002, 04:43 PM
I been following this thread and still do not under stand the point of this 'team'. I agree with derek. It seems that there is really no advantage on being on this team. Its not like being on Team Nacs of K and K where you get discounts. Being on team exriders give you nothing. Were all apart of exriders. Exriders.com gives us all tech advice, aftermarket parts advice, and entertainment. Being on EXRIDERS big bad RACE TEAM doesn't give you anything.

If you guys want to make your presents know just buy the exriders stickers and pit together.

matt

tants
10-23-2002, 04:44 PM
other then being "cool" what advantages will an "exracer" get?

trx400ex
10-23-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
I been following this thread and still do not under stand the point of this 'team'. I agree with derek. It seems that there is really no advantage on being on this team. Its not like being on Team Nacs of K and K where you get discounts. Being on team exriders give you nothing. Were all apart of exriders. Exriders.com gives us all tech advice, aftermarket parts advice, and entertainment. Being on EXRIDERS big bad RACE TEAM doesn't give you anything.

If you guys want to make your presents know just buy the exriders stickers and pit together.

matt Thats EXACTLY what i said in the other post and all i got were :grr 's

it seems like there are just a couple of people that want to start something there in charge of...no offense.....i think this is an awesoem site, but i dotn think its ready for a race team or anything like that..also no one has heard anyhting form BEN , i would like to hear what he has to say on the matter....rico, guy, JIM, MO and mrusk all make good points..

mrusk
10-23-2002, 05:25 PM
I dont mean to rain on your guys parade. But how is anyone on this site qualified to pick exriders reperesentatives from each state. Someone may seem normal in person but they could be a complete ahole in person.

It just seems like there is no point of having a racing team. Exriders drinking team is another story though. It could be a national thing. One weekend we could drink in Ricos garage, and then the next in kennys.
All jokin aside i think some people are just day dreaming.

matt

330exracer122
10-23-2002, 05:32 PM
yea after what the mods an mrusk have said i think its just to much work.. i mean the team wouldn't even get ne benifits unless quadshop wanted to help the sponosorship.. an plus all the legal mobojumbo crap would be hard i think the only way this would work if some one knew a lawyer an he was willin to look it over an make a waiver an other legal bindings.

AlaskaSpeed
10-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
I dont mean to rain on your guys parade. But how is anyone on this site qualified to pick exriders reperesentatives from each state. Someone may seem normal in person but they could be a complete ahole in person.

It just seems like there is no point of having a racing team. Exriders drinking team is another story though. It could be a national thing. One weekend we could drink in Ricos garage, and then the next in kennys.
All jokin aside i think some people are just day dreaming.

matt

This beer drinking team sounds like a winner. I can't vouch for airfare, but I will supply all the Alaskan Amber that Rico can drink in one night....My garage is your garage........:D

QuadTrix6
10-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Nasty250r
other then being "cool" what advantages will an "exracer" get?

why do their have to be advantages, these guys just wanted some unity...when you go to a race it would be nice to see people from the site there and hang with them. i don't see the diference cause you can pretty much do that now and guys do go to races together and meet up to ride regardless of a team or not. It was a good idea thats just too hard to pull off. thanks for the effort though guys you meant well, and im in full agreement with the 15 posts that #12nacs400ex wrote :D :D

QuadTrix6
10-23-2002, 06:03 PM
lets just say were all on this race team by belonging to the site, keep it simple...and you guys need to get over the never ending beer jokes its getting old

AlaskaSpeed
10-23-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66
lets just say were all on this race team by belonging to the site, keep it simple...and you guys need to get over the never ending beer jokes its getting old

Rico....you have that red button handy?:D

James70214
10-23-2002, 06:51 PM
Quad trix66

I guess we could get out the wine coolers for you if that would make you happy!!j/k

QuadRacer041
10-23-2002, 06:56 PM
yo james,
get some pics of your bike up here!

01TRX300EX
10-23-2002, 07:03 PM
I think it would be cool if you got all the legal stuff together. I do agree that you should have to be over 16 to join, which means I will have to wait until January, actually February, because thats when I get my liscence and can take myself places.

10-23-2002, 07:12 PM
that was not 15 posts it was like 8 or somin haha:cool:

anyway,rico what did u sign when u became a member of team quadshop?

why is everyone attacking this idea and who said it would be like a national race team.....u seriously didnt think were gonna travel in abig semi and have mehcanics? all it was gonna be was the guys who race would be team ex riders......thats all.........oh well, it was a good idea , sure were all ex riders, but i dont think u can consider the 13 yr old who goes out and rides dads 4x4 the same as the guy who goes out and gives it his all every weekend.....thier is a diff between racing and riding....

oh well it was worth a try

mrusk
10-23-2002, 07:32 PM
Guys forget about having a race team. If you guys are doing it for unity we already have unity. If you guys all want to pit together pit together. If you want stickers buy them. Then you guys save yourself alot of hassle.

I dont understand why you guys are pushing for this so much when it really would be the same as it is now.
We could have 50 people pitted together at a national if everyone who was going to the race posted and picked a place to met up.

matt

jaspurx
10-23-2002, 07:41 PM
there are some valid points to adress here. rico has a good one. how about a sportsmanship clause in the waivers. and you can get documents legalized/notorized w/out lawyers. just a notory` s fee and its done. just some typing and a minimal fee . i think the team is a good idea. i wanna join. i may never be worthy of nationals but then again i`d settle for being good on the local tracks and a part of a bigger picture. i think the biggest part of the idea is moral support , and brotherhood. not sponsors and *****in` between teammates. not that it could not EVER be a problem but one problem at a time. day by day a team that wants to will survive. all teams deal with problems eventually. the best way to find out is to try it. christopher columbis had critics too ya know!!! but what if.........

warrior86
10-23-2002, 07:43 PM
Exriders drinking team is another story though. It could be a national thing. One weekend we could drink in Ricos garage, and then the next in kennys.

Yeah that would be a great way to represent the site. :rolleyes:
Before the mods got involved on this topic and the other similar one, there was about 30 posts of people who were for it. Now it just seems like there are the same few postin over and over kissin some mod *****. I say if cryhe250r and 400exracer want to start a team let them do it. I really don't see much of a suit case against the site because of a member getting hurt. :huh If you guys that are bashin this don't think it is a good idea then don't join. Also i am not trying to flame at anyone, just puttin my .02 in.

10-23-2002, 07:43 PM
WHERE IS ALL THIS NATIONALS STUFF COMING FROM????????

unity? what unity do u see? i see tons of arguments all the time......it was a chance for the racers to be one......... ur never gonna unite 12 yr olds with racers , no trail riders and racers... its all diff aspects.....since the racers get noticed it seemed like a cool idea to have a race team but this idea has been burnt to the ground but a few disgruntled memebers....

FoxRacing400EX
10-23-2002, 09:45 PM
Some of you are getting upset when someone points out a valid fact. The Idead in and of itself is awesome. I mean how cool would it be to see Team EXRiders on Huevos? But how many of you that want to join are under 18? In sprint car racing you cane even walk into the pits at some tracks without having a waiver signed and notarized. Also making a waiver isn't as easy as getting on word and typing up a letter saying " I will not sue EXRiders..." This is something that really needs the guidance and advice of a lawyer. Seriously if a lady can sue mc donalds because she's stupid enough to spill hot coffee on herself and a jury was stupid enough to think that she didn't realize that her hot coffee wasn't hot what do you think would happen if one of you cased a triple and ended up paralyzed? The idea dosen't sound very big, but it's a massive undertaking that many large and well financed companies would have a hard time handiling. I wish you luck though if you guys are persistent enough to see it though

10-24-2002, 06:44 AM
I've awoke a sleeping giant..:eek:

Clay
10-24-2002, 09:31 AM
I see all of you guys' (and gals) point. I agree that there are too many liabilities with the site. I apologize for any problems that I may have caused. I would just really like to see a big bunch of us on a team for comoradary purposes. I think it would be really nice to be a part of something like that. Alot of people did, from all of the emails i got requesting to be a member. If any of you guys want to get this going, but not affiliated directly with EXRiders, i would still like too. Anybody interested?

MOUSE
10-24-2002, 10:10 AM
there doesnt have to be contracts and all that stuff to be a team. we already are a team, this is the best site that i have ever had the pleasure to be a member of. everyone has been very helpfull to me when i had a question to ask and all the responses i have read to others have been positive (aside from the occasional smart mouth). i understand that it is important to feel like you belong to something but you guys are ignoring the fact that you already belong to something slap a sticker on your bike and off you go, hang together in the pits and encourage other riders to come and check out the site. i am not trying to step on toes and dont want to get into a pointless online argument, but this is not a fairytale world we live in. people sue for absolutely nothing, if someone slips on your front steps they can sue you and you are liable. what yall are trying to do is great but also a huge bundle of legal work not to mention $ for everything to be processed. hey if yall can get it together great but at least look into all of the diff. things that can happen first. just my .02 and no im not kissing ricos or anyones elses tail (that seems to be a point someone made)

Clay
10-24-2002, 10:18 AM
I know man. I agree with you 110%. I am just gonna drop the idea. Its pretty sad what the world has come to sometimes. I mean crap, a woman spills coffee on her and sues McDonalds for the coffee being too hot. :huh I mean come on. Anyway, thanks for helping me out and straightening this out before it got worse. I would just like to say though, i as well am very proud to be a part of this site. :D

jaspurx
10-24-2002, 07:31 PM
alright if there is still goona be a team of some kind , let me know please!!!

stocktires
10-24-2002, 08:10 PM
maybe a team with the name of EXracers that has no real leader, ya know? Then no one could sue, it would be just a big band of respected racers