PDA

View Full Version : broken wrist

trick250r
07-09-2007, 02:21 PM
well, i havent posted this yet because i thought my cast would only be on for two weeks but i was wrong. the doc looked at my x rays again today and decided i needed my cast on for 4 to 6 weeks now. three weeks ago i was riding with my one of my friends that races a dirtbike. his whole family races and we all get along even tho there are some jokes made about me riding a quad or them riding bikes. well, i was following his cousin timmy (crazy mofo) and he went to hit a 60 foot down hill, you know...nothing big, so i went to follow him and was afraid to come up short. i hit it 4th pinned (which by the way was a big mistake) and landed at about 75 ft on flat. it didnt hurt too bad and i kept riding the rest of the day with this swollen piece of a wrist. a few days later we were at the same track and i hit a few jumps and it seemed fine untill i cased a double. we packed up and went home because i thought it was just sprained. i guess im not the doctor here because a week after the initial wreck i ended up in the ER with them putting a full arm cast on.

fun fun. sorry for the long post you guys, but im bored as hell.

Ghost-Rider
07-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Life's A Beach.

rcer450r
07-09-2007, 04:25 PM
my borther just got his bike and we went to our local track down the road and he tried to hit a 70 ft tripple and cleared it the first time but cam up short the second time. He completely broke his hand off from his arm, the boke broke off. It wasnt pretty and he might need surgery so it isnt looking good. But sorry to hear about your wrist to

440bigborekit
07-09-2007, 04:53 PM
hey bro i broke my wrist too along with my arm 5 weeks down 7 to go lol

05Z400rdr
07-09-2007, 05:15 PM
man that really sux! sry to hear bout it, you'll heal up quicker than you think....

Originally posted by rcer450r
my borther just got his bike and we went to our local track down the road and he tried to hit a 70 ft tripple and cleared it the first time but cam up short the second time. He completely broke his hand off from his arm, the boke broke off. It wasnt pretty and he might need surgery so it isnt looking good. But sorry to hear about your wrist to

geez...that aint good. i did that last year my second race on my 05z. heres one of the x-rays of it...first pic of this thread http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286419&highlight=injury

my hand and part of my arm was snapped off completely, only skin was holding it on...my fingers were about touching my arm and my hane had abouit a 1-2'' offset from the rest of my arm.

well...both of you's n any1 else thats laid up from an injury, get well soon! :macho

Landon

WheelieMan4
07-09-2007, 05:18 PM
I just broke my arm last week for the 2nd time...first time was my wrist area and I had to have surgery and get a plate and 7 screws put in...lol, well this 2nd time I broke it above the elbow, 6 screws this time, needless to say I have an expensive arm that looks like crap, 2 big huge scars...heres a pic of my x-ray from this time...

Hope ya heal up fast and get back out there!!

allstock
07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
i feel your pain man i have 5 wrist casts sitting right next to me on a shelf of shame.. im due for a leg soon

Unverfehrt400ex
07-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Dont sweat it too much. Ive broken my wrist twice in the last 2 years playing basketball. mine was kinda the same way. it didnt hurt bad at first and i finishep playing but it slowely kept getting worse. I still did plenty of ridin even after they had the casts on .

WhiteYFZ
07-10-2007, 12:25 AM
i broke my wrist like 4 weeks ago. pin in my wrist and a cast past my elbow:(
hopefully only 1 more week

Plante400
07-10-2007, 05:22 PM
same thing happend to me but not with my wrist.

i was riding up north on my crf and hit my lower stomach really hard. it hurt but i kept riding.

a week later a friend bumped into my and i instantly got a hudge lump on my lower stomach. whent to the ER and had a ****ing hemotoma or however its spelled. internal bleeding.
wtf

bah1491
07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
man that has to suck....my time hasnt came yet...but im sure it will haha! reading your signature and saw......

"I used to be a D12 racer... then we got screwed over."

Right there with you buddy good ol' zanesville, ohio I cant go anywhere to race without driving about an hour