PDA

View Full Version : crf/yzf conversion VS. C-Dale

forum
10-22-2002, 07:58 PM
IM still most likely doing the conversion but C-dale is starting to grasp me. does anyone have first hand knowledge?? FIRST HAND! hahaha. I just want some good reliable info.

thanks

DEAL
10-22-2002, 08:18 PM
The c'dale is no match for a Crf powered quad , i don't care what anyone says.

cdalejef
10-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Don't bet on that!! Yes, I have both!

crashinmatt
10-22-2002, 08:35 PM
well ive never riden one, either one, but ive raced against a cannondale moto, and i kept up with him. he beat me, but that was cuz he jimped bigger than me. not cuz of the quad, it was cuz i didnt have the balls. the cannondales just never impressed me. but yet ive seen them win in higher classes too. so, im not very impressed with them, it may be cuz the riders who ride them around here arent very good.

forum
10-23-2002, 08:04 AM
Jeff can you give some details please. You seem to be the most knowledgeable.

cdalejef
10-23-2002, 08:15 AM
give me a call and I'll tell you all about it. I don't want to start a flame war!;)

Mxbubs
10-23-2002, 02:49 PM
All I know is I absolutely LOVE the smooth hit, and torque of my YZF, and wouldnt trade it for ANY bike in the world.

Pro400EXC
10-23-2002, 05:58 PM
MXBubs, i thought the 426F had a 2stk type power hit?I mean i dunno,when i ride a 426F dirtbike,it has a 2stk type pwoer hit, i dunno thought,maybe it's diffrent in a quad....

Mxbubs
10-23-2002, 06:46 PM
Well, when I first rode the bike, I wasnt really all that impressed........I was like "yeah, just another powerfull 4 stroke, but at least it is water cooled"............but it feels 10x different for some reason on the quad........it is a strange type of hit......it his with a ton of torque, and revs fast, which I like, I like a fast reving motor..........it revs fast like a two stroke, but hits smoother.........I love it, I didnt think I would be this impressed.

forum
10-23-2002, 08:22 PM
Anyone else?? thanks you guys. I may call you jeff i just feel stupid calling you in kentucky at work just to ask you what you like better. hehe i guess im a litle shy. but I might just do it sometime.

dawzie
10-24-2002, 05:23 AM
We have both. We feel the axis shocks give the Houser set-up a slight advantage. The YZF does give us better hole shots. Both machines handle great but different. Dollar for dollar the C-dale is a better deal. It has also been alot more dependable !! But the Dale is still going to be our back-up machine. We are sending our Dale motor to Kyle at R&S to have some work done on it. He claims he can make it feel like a YZF and not lose dependabilty. We will see.

cdalejef
10-24-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by forum
Anyone else?? thanks you guys. I may call you jeff i just feel stupid calling you in kentucky at work just to ask you what you like better. hehe i guess im a litle shy. but I might just do it sometime. Don't wory...I won't make fun of you....too much:devil

NTPRacing#19
10-24-2002, 02:21 PM
anyone ever put the new yzf 450 in a quad yet? that would be tuff

10-24-2002, 02:59 PM
I raced a YZ426, and I got the holeshot. Then I never saw him again until we were on the line for the next moto, and then the same thing happened the second moto......;)

Dave400ex
10-24-2002, 03:20 PM
I think it all depends on the Rider. Farr could beat most of the CDales on a 400ex.

400exBro
10-24-2002, 03:21 PM
like so many people from here have told me (cough cough) that is the rider not the machine, so forum, do what you think would be best, becuase these c-dales you can't find in canada, you need to bring it across the board and crap, first make you crf race get a couple of races on it then see from there....

Bro

forum
10-24-2002, 08:50 PM
I've decided to go with the crf conversion. I may have enuff money haveway through the season to buy a c-dale too. And I will try my hand at building my own long travel arms since I'll have the houser's to look at and almost copy;)

I like the fact of being able to pluging my machine into a laptop. ANd i will deffinately buy a canibal and then do it up. I think a moto is to much money and I could spend less doing up a canibal and have the same if not better machine. Know I just need some sponser's. hahaha. I think i can pick some up tho. I'm second in jr class in my first year of raceing.. O ya. and for those of you who havent raced before. Race one season with the bike you have before spending alot of money. You learn alot.

dawzie
10-25-2002, 04:25 AM
Hey forum, that Houser frame and the C-dale, you can make new a-arms and front shocks that will fit both !! Have fun and come down to lower NY and race with us.

forum
10-25-2002, 08:07 AM
are you saying 400ex shocks and a arms will fit a cdale or just that the houser frame is the same is the cdale. I won't be using a houser frame becasue you haveto use so much 250r crap. But Yea i was thinking about going to northern NY. And race there. the race scene there is most likely better.

400exBro
10-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by forum
O ya. and for those of you who havent raced before. Race one season with the bike you have before spending alot of money. You learn alot.

i think i will have to kick your crf butt next race season !!!!!

your going down:D ;)

j/k forum, but i will race, i just don't know what i am going to ride!

have a good one

Bro

forum
10-25-2002, 01:48 PM
hey man i didn't mean you in particaular. Im just saying. some kids spend their money stupidly. You don't seem to be like that. for example. When racing shocks should be bought bevore spend 1000 dollars on engine mods.

And about you kickin my crf butt.

We will see.. We will see..;) :p

dawzie
10-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Ex front shocks will fit Dale with spacer washers on top. Wont work the other way around. My Walsh a-arms on the dale will also fit the EX with spacers, not the other way around. Houser front end a-arms are the same as EX

We are in AMA Dist-34. Hour and a 20 minutes south of Albany

We ordered a Yamaha WR450 Be here in the spring

400exBro
10-25-2002, 03:18 PM
yes we will see!!!:eek: :D

ya i get ya about spending money wisely, and doing reach search etc...

Bro

Evan
10-26-2002, 12:56 AM
One thing you might want to consider is ease of maintence.... You can take the topend down on a crf450 with just 14 nuts and bolts. Try doing that with a cdale. As for the yz426, we all know how yamahas stand up.

Sparks425Ex
10-26-2002, 06:59 AM
So i hear you ar coming to Northern New York. Let me know when you come and i will be there. I race everyweekend on D3 Tracks.

Frozen Ocean, Moto Master, Hickory Hill, Royal Mountain, Broome Tioga.

I am 1st in Novice and got to race 1 Ametur race last year. And i got 2nd. Next year it will be all am until i get bumped into expert.

Come down and show me what ya got.(I would love to drool over our quad too.)