PDA

View Full Version : quick carb question

bansheerider4
07-08-2007, 07:58 PM
i wanna know if it be worth my money to get a 2into1 carb?

i heard those give more low-end and i ride mostly trails but i still dont want to lose any top-end..so would it be worth it to buy them or no?

firefighterjosh
07-08-2007, 08:36 PM
IMO no. Reason they give more lowend IMO is because they are alot easier to adjust/toon. I also heard they are too small to keep up with the two cylinders and top end is effected.

The 2 carb set up can produce just as much low end if jetted correctly. It took me 2 months of riding everyweekend to get my 2 carb set up tuned perfect, but in the end it was worth it

duey
07-11-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm a big fan of the single carb for the banshee and have been running them on my banshee's for about 14 years. I really like the trinity cv carb and they offer a 33mm and 35mm carb. I have both. The 33mm gives better bottom end (vs. the 35mm) and the 35mm is better on top. The single carb makes jetting changes sooo much easier vs. 2 carbs. I don't doubt that the 2 carb setup has the ability to produce more power but I think the single carb setup is smoother, easier and less time consuming to jet, less thumb fatique, still produces good power with the right pipe and jettting, no hesitation and better for woods riding (IMO). If I was after all out horsepower I would look into 2 carbs, 2 pipes, etc. The single carb and single pipe are proven for woods type riding and that's the setup I run. Good luck.

bansheerider4
07-11-2007, 08:30 AM
really like the trinity cv carb and they offer a 33mm

thats actually the carb i was looking for..heard about it on bansheehq and i just wanted some input on what people thought...

so by the looks of it it doesnt produce as much power as the 2 carbs but it gives more low end for the woods?

duey
07-12-2007, 06:38 AM
The power delivery with the single carb is very smooth and seems to come on much lower than 2 carbs. I can actually run the rpms down so low to where the engine is hardly running and roll the throttle on and go, no clutching either. I've had the thing on an uphill going so slow that people watching couldn't believe a quad would go that slow and keep moving without any clutch. I say you can't go wrong with the 33mm.

WareRacing
07-19-2007, 10:58 AM
We have a 421 Cub Banshee that we run a 38mm single.
Its a circle track bike and flat out hauls the mail....

Dinner
07-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Twin carbs vs Single can generate more power as long as you are jetted correctly. If you have oh lets say a Dune port, running a 33mm Single Carb...and have it jetted correctly, yea it would probably run good. However let's say you have the same Dune Port, and are running dual 32's..and have that jetted correctly as well...the engine with two carbs will probably produce more power, but maybe not come on as smooth.

A single carb is split in the intake to feed both cylinders. That single carb 33mm will only flow however much air a 33m carb will flow, and then the fuel mixed to that. And being as it is split, say that's half of the air/fuel mixture going to one side, the other half going to the other. If you have twin 32mm lets say..that is 32mm of air flow and fuel for each cylinder, so you can think of it as being the same as running a 64mm single carb.

Twin carbs, tuned right..will out flow and feed the cylinders more than a single carb. Look at most/all of the drag bikes, whether on sand or street. Most are running duel carbs whether alcohol or racing fuel....

This is just my opinion and the way I look at it...I could be wrong:ermm: