PDA

View Full Version : Anybody's parents divoriced ?

DVXracer
07-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Im just wondering cause my parents are probably gonna get divoriced, im only 15, they want to sell my quad, the trailer ect., absolutly nothing has been going right for a while now, life is really testing me ... :(

416exfreak
07-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Dude....that sucks...

You cannot under any circumstances allow the quad to be sold...

My parents came very close one time...i refused to see my quad go....;)

Good luck man, i have heard of how hard those are on the children, im glad i dont have o know firsthand though...:ermm:

honda8&3
07-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Im just wondering cause my parents are probably gonna get divoriced, im only 15, they want to sell my quad, the trailer ect., absolutly nothing has been going right for a while now, life is really testing me ... :(

Sorry to hear this bro... My parents aren't thank god. Did they buy your stuff or did you buy the chit? If you bought the stuff then I'd tell them to leave you out of it. Hope everything turns out alright bro.:(

-Dan

DVXracer
07-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
Sorry to hear this bro... My parents aren't thank god. Did they buy your stuff or did you buy the chit? If you bought the stuff then I'd tell them to leave you out of it. Hope everything turns out alright bro.:(

-Dan

They bought the trailer, i put $4000 down on the LTR ...:(

honda8&3
07-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Then the LTR is still part yours.

416exfreak
07-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Tell them if it goes then you want your 4 grand back...

And if they paid for the trailer...your screwed there man...

But deffinately keepyour quad, youll find thatits a great stress reliever, especially when you want to get away fast!

ZeroLogic
07-08-2007, 06:56 PM
My parents kinda were. They seprated for a while, about 8 years then got back together. It really screwed me up and still haunts me.

Pappy
07-08-2007, 06:59 PM
mine were, twice. once when i was 6 and then again when i was 14. remember, their issues arent yours. live your life and let them do what they gotta do.

quads can be replaced etc, just keep your chin up and look forward

Ghost-Rider
07-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Not mine but many friends and relatives.Even had cousins have to live with me for a couple years do to some stuff like that.It sucks just don't get evolved.

infantry317
07-08-2007, 07:26 PM
My Mom is on her 3rd marriage, I was 4 & 9 when the divorces took place. Just take it a day at a time. My mom always said to me when times were tough "The Lord never gives you more than you can handle" so remember that about yourself and be strong. You may also have to put them in their place when they start bashing each other to you, its not your issue, its theirs.

Take care and keep your head up

mitch91
07-08-2007, 07:38 PM
My friends has a screw ball of a mom.

DVXracer
07-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks for all your input guys, i just dont know how i will go riding or who will take me till i can take myself, i needa get farrrrrrrrr away, i want to start my own life im done with this bullshlt.

07250ex
07-08-2007, 07:44 PM
u put 4 k down on that quad i say u shuldnt have to seeing as u payed majority also tell them when they sell that quad they're not going to get any where close to what u bought it for

416exfreak
07-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Wrong attitude bro...you cant run away from it...

Hit it head on....ride to escape the worries for a bit...but you gotta come back to reality...:(

Ryan
07-08-2007, 07:47 PM
It will get better. My parents divorced when I was 12. It was a mess. But I relized it was better off for the both of them. Sometimes the fighting and insanity isn't worth it.

mitch91
07-08-2007, 07:49 PM
He could in year, take co-op in high school ,get a appretice ship, n then once you are makeing money get the **** out of there. I would lol.

CRich[814]
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM
damn. everyone i know's parents are divorced. my parents split up when i was seven and got divorced when i was eight. no biggie i guess. im used to it. i hang out with pops about three times a week.

SGA
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
I feel for all of you whose parents have gotten a divorce.

Its not easy on the kids and its not easy at all on the parents ( the ones that care) to divorce when children are involved, especially older kids, say 8 to 18.

mx825
07-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks for all your input guys, i just dont know how i will go riding or who will take me till i can take myself, i needa get farrrrrrrrr away, i want to start my own life im done with this bullshlt.

It'll be better when you can drive. stick it out; life goes on. like pappy said, their problems aren't yours.

make sure that you tell it like it is, but still give them the respect they deserve.

my parents got a divorce 4 years ago. I was eleven and stupid and took sides. They still live together. it's odd. my mother has a boyfriend. my father doesn't know. They constantly fight. I pity them both, but i stay out of their bussiness.

I'm not worried about anything, and nor should you be. i'm happy and content with what i have currently, and what i have to look forward to. Keep your head high, and everything will work out in the end.

thanks for letting me talk and good luck with your situation. stay strong.

patrick

DVXracer
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for everything guys, im feeling a bit better now, and found out im not loosing my 450 or trailer:)

m.h.s.c.#527
07-08-2007, 09:49 PM
my dad upped and left 7 years ago when i was 8 never heard anoher word out of him

07250ex
07-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for everything guys, im feeling a bit better now, and found out im not loosing my 450 or trailer:)

hey finaly some good news outa you :p thats good to here man keep riding its not as bad as you think and as soon as u can drive ur life is gunna be great trust me

416exfreak
07-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I just had the best idea on how to cheer you up dude....

We will send you the chick out of 07250ex's avatar!!!!!!!!!:devil:

She looks hot to me...:p

DVXracer
07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
I just had the best idea on how to cheer you up dude....

We will send you the chick out of 07250ex's avatar!!!!!!!!!:devil:

She looks hot to me...:p

haha things were better today, no fighting or anything, i didnt talk to them much so i still dont know what there planning on doing though ....

Ryan
07-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Just remember, everything will work out in the end.. The grass is always green on both sides.

I had it pretty ruff. I kept hoping my parents would get back together... And they decided to go out and talk about things...

Next thing I know, my mom came crawling in the house, with 4 missing teath, bleeding everywhere. My dad crying his eyes out.

I went outside, and seen the car was crashed up with a head imprint on the passenger side.

He hit the telephone pole at the bottom of my driveway. Neighbors told me he was doing well over 65mph.

Long story short... He got mad on the ride home, and tried to take his life along with hers. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt because a minute earlier, he dropped her off in the middle of a flat road at night.

The doctors said it was amazing she lived. She is also def in one ear due to the crash.

I learned alot from all of it. I grew up pretty early. Its a shame when a 12 yr old has to hide alchohol and medication in the house, when hes scared his father is going to take his life.

One of the worse memories of my life.

Basically, things always get better, no matter how down in the dirt they get. I've had a pretty nutty life. Im not happy with my past, and I still relive alot of horrible moments.... But things get better. I work 7 days a week to get my mind away from everything.

Riding is a great getaway from life. I used it for years, until I got hit by a car. Then I used drugs, and that just put me in jail and now on probation for 5 years with a lost of liscences.

Good luck... Everything will be alright.

csr250r
07-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Yea dude my mom just left they have been fighting since i can remember, its so messed up we are in the middle of building a house. im 14 they have to pry my quad of my cold decaying fingers. but im pretty sure they are getting divorced.

mat1977
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
If you look at the statistics,marriages just don't seem to last anymore for whatever reason.I personally think that things like money issues put a HUGE strain on the relationship.I have never heard of the divorce happening because of something the child had done,they just have to take the hardest hit unfortunately.Just keep your head up bro. Its great that you can keep the quad and When things seem like their boiling, get on and ride your heart out!!

SGA
07-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mat1977
.I have never heard of the divorce happening because of something the child had done

You know, come to think of it niether have I. Good observation.

Rider-trx_250ex
07-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Nobody can really say life is hard, what do you have to compare it to?

Hope everything works out for the better

400EXtreme
07-12-2007, 09:33 AM
My parents have been divorced for almost 2 years now i was 14 15 when it happened and heres some advice i learned the hard way. Don't ever put the divorce on yourself its not your fault. Its the problems that your parents have with each other. It took me awhile to get used to but i must say it is much better not having to worry about coming home and listening to my mom and dad argue. I made the mistake to put the divorce on me like i was the 1 who caused it and it really affected my life. School friends etc... Just remember they both still love you and that will never change. Look at the bright side double the presents on holidays :). And for the whole quad thing my parents always use to say that but that was just because they were mad at the time so just give it some time.

honda8&3
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Good luck bro. Hope everything turns out good DVXracer.;) :D

fastyz85
07-12-2007, 11:24 AM
my parents got divorced when I was nine and I had to take a lot of crap in the folowing couple years. they got divorced because my dad was a screw up and took advantage of my mom and everything, and it got to the point where my mom could't take it anymore and just divorced him. In the days after the divorce my dad lost his car,job,home and every time somebody would ask how my dad was I would tell them he was fine and was living in blah,blah,blah town when he really wasn't and it was hard to not be able to tell the truth and thats what hurt me the most throughout the whole thing. It got to a point where I couldn't even see him anymore without thinking of what a huge imbarrasement he was.

now 15 its been better and not as hard for me and I still do see my dad, and he has gotten better. He now has a job,car, and an appartment where I see him whenever I want. It still feels kinda weird to talk to him though sometimes.

I hope everything turns out for you DVXracer but you are not alone in this world and surround yourself with friends who actually care about you and will help you. I know thats what helped me when I was going through that.

Ryan
07-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
Nobody can really say life is hard,

thats a laugh.. The only people that can say life is a peice of cake, is someone who has money for everything, someone who is already successful, or someone that still lives with their parents and they pay for everything they do.

Try living in the real world. Life may not be considered (hard) to some, but it sure as hell isn't easy.

450rJam
07-12-2007, 06:55 PM
my parents where apart and back a million times growing up, my grandpa had several rental houses and we (my mom,sister and brother) would move into one for a few months each year.
my mom would always take him back no mater how much he beat on her.
I would have given up everything not to have all the fighting.

good luck

mat1977
07-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by SGA
You know, come to think of it niether have I. Good observation. That was written meaning alot of kids take it out on themselves,as if they did something wrong to have a negative affect on their parents relationship.

DVXracer
08-07-2007, 07:40 PM
So everythings been all good since i made this tread untill about 7 when my mom comes in my room and tells me my dads packing, i said where ? and shes like hes going to leave and go stay with his mom, i siad nothing. Later on i was watching motocross and he comes up to me and tells me sorry and that he will be back every saturday to take me riding, i didnt say anything or even look at him. This really sucks cause he has responsibilities and if he just gets up and goes idk if i even want anything to do with him... :ermm: :( I dont even know what im going to do.

Which 450?
08-07-2007, 07:49 PM
that sucks man, i grew up with a guy who's parents got divorced. I really feel for ya. I was eating at burget king a few weeks ago and i saw parents that were divorced switching the kids, the kids were probably 5-7, i felt so bad for them it almsot brought a tear to my eye :(

CRich[814]
08-07-2007, 07:57 PM
So everythings been all good since i made this tread untill about 7 when my mom comes in my room and tells me my dads packing, i said where ? and shes like hes going to leave and go stay with his mom, i siad nothing. Later on i was watching motocross and he comes up to me and tells me sorry and that he will be back every saturday to take me riding, i didnt say anything or even look at him. This really sucks cause he has responsibilities and if he just gets up and goes idk if i even want anything to do with him... :ermm: :( I dont even know what im going to do.

maybe they just need some space apart to breathe. just give it a little time. hopefully they'll sort things out.

JOEX
08-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I think you should reread this thread from the beginning, there were some good statements made.

It seemed to help you the first time, maybe it'll help again;)

chris46250r
08-07-2007, 08:01 PM

Wrong attitude again man. My parents divorced when I was 14. Dont be mad at either one of them unless you have all of the story. When a divorce happens nowadays and kids are involved its the dad that normally has to move out. Sometimes they just move out to keep from making things worse. But either way dont hate or be mad at them for no reason. If they are splitting because of abuse or bad bad stuff some hate might be involved but if its just they cant get along anymore just be there for both of them, I'm sure they will try and do the same for you.

DVXracer
08-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Wrong attitude again man. My parents divorced when I was 14. Dont be mad at either one of them unless you have all of the story. When a divorce happens nowadays and kids are involved its the dad that normally has to move out. Sometimes they just move out to keep from making things worse. But either way dont hate or be mad at them for no reason. If they are splitting because of abuse or bad bad stuff some hate might be involved but if its just they cant get along anymore just be there for both of them, I'm sure they will try and do the same for you.

Yeah, they just dont get along anymore, but still i dont know what im going to do, hopefully this doesnt alter much in my life... :ermm:

DVXracer
08-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I mean, is there even a plus side to having them slip up ? Cause if there is thats what i need to hear ... but still having them both not be around at the same time is just going to be weird ..

chris46250r
08-07-2007, 08:08 PM
There's not much you can do so dont go crazy trying to figure it out.

DVXracer
08-07-2007, 08:12 PM
There's not much you can do so dont go crazy trying to figure it out.

Ive already gone crazy :(

chris46250r
08-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Ive already gone crazy :(

No you haven't, you just think you are. Dont take this the wrong way cause it happens alot, maybe you are just worried how its gonna affect you and you only. Every move they make from now on involving this mess they will be considering you, so you do the same for them.

JOEX
08-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I mean, is there even a plus side to having them slip up ? Cause if there is thats what i need to hear ... but still having them both not be around at the same time is just going to be weird ..
Would you rather be around two very unhappy people together or one happy person at a time? Sure it's going to feel 'wierd' since it's new to you but in the long run it will probably be better for everyone.

DVXracer
08-07-2007, 08:25 PM
No you haven't, you just think you are. Dont take this the wrong way cause it happens alot, maybe you are just worried how its gonna affect you and you only. Every move they make from now on involving this mess they will be considering you, so you do the same for them.

Well i was thinking about that, ive been taking this selfishly, ive been hoping this whole thing wouldnt make me less sucsessful in life, i need think about it in a different way like what JOEX stated.

DVXracer
08-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Would you rather be around two very unhappy people together or one happy person at a time? Sure it's going to feel 'wierd' since it's new to you but in the long run it will probably be better for everyone.

Yeah i guess thats how i needa think of it ...