PDA

View Full Version : razr vs.klaws

exrider12
07-08-2007, 02:58 PM
what tire lasts the longest?best hook up on loose and hard dirt?
what one do you guys recommend?

Ruby Soho
07-08-2007, 03:37 PM
klaws. razr's are okay, they dont last to long though. but they do hook up somewhat decent. klaws are great, hook up when you want em to, and last a long time

gojk
07-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I like razrs up front and klaws in the back for MX. But for the desert over here. THe razr is the only tire that ever seems to hold up for me.

CannondaleRider
07-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Razrs are great.

I run Razr 2 fronts on everything. Depending on the type of terrain, or riding, I run either Razr 2 rears, or Razr 1's.

I ran the same Razr 1's for about 8 races, including the practices. Let alone all of the local motocross and desert practice, and they were still decent tread for trail riding when I retired them. So they seem to stand up fine to me.

Whichever tires you decide to get, go with Maxxis.

BlaineKaiser450
07-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I have razrs on my 450r for mx and they are great! I dont think ill ever go with another kind for mx.

Honda#4
07-08-2007, 06:20 PM
You also forgot to list HD's as well unless your just comparing just them two. I think HD's are right up there with the razrs but being heavy is there disadvantage but they hardly wear at all and they hook up great.

Kickstarts-suck
07-08-2007, 06:27 PM
RAZR!

redlineranger
07-08-2007, 08:50 PM
klaws..... they seem to never wear. i put them through hell when i had my 300ex, and rode wheelies all day long on asphault. and when i sold it 8 months after i put them on, they looked brand new. anyways they slide through the corners great, and have amazing hook up out of the corners and on the straights. great tire all around whether its the klaw mx or the klaw xc. the klaw mx's will be goin on my yfz when i finish the stockers off

flauge
07-08-2007, 09:52 PM
The rear klaws hookup real good, but the fronts tend to push a bit too much for me.So I went to razrs on the fronts recently and this setup is awsome! The razrs do wear quicker tho and its starting to show too b/c I've been riding on alot of pavement lately. The knobs on the klaws are still sharp while the razrs are rounded off big time.

miller821
07-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I run razr's, but just try to get 6-ply on whatever you get and that'll help out.

N300exJ
07-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Ive tried almost everything except kenda tires. I currently have razr mx tires on my 450r and razr2's and Irazrs on my 400ex. Our 300ex and blaster have front razr/2 tires as well. I had one set of rear razr 2's that lasted 3 years before they were shot. maxxis tires hold up just fine and can take alot of trail/riding abuse. Even the razr mx tires on my 450r have taken a few good trail beatings just fine.

400exrider707
07-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by flauge
The rear klaws hookup real good, but the fronts tend to push a bit too much for me.So I went to razrs on the fronts recently and this setup is awsome! The razrs do wear quicker tho and its starting to show too b/c I've been riding on alot of pavement lately. The knobs on the klaws are still sharp while the razrs are rounded off big time.

I wouldn't blame the pushing on the tire, usually that is caused by suspension setup.

I have tried nearly every MX tire available. New the klaws hook up better in my opinion, but once their square edge is worn off they dont seem to bite well anywhere, but they will last a long time, they tend to work better in the looser stuff. Razr MX tires are a great biting tire but wear out very fast. I have no settled on knarly MX rears for their outstanding traction in all surfaces and their inexpensive price. They too wear out rather quick as well. I also run klaw fronts. I haven't found too many MX front tires that are actually bad, but these are relatively inexpensive and have excellent wear properties. On really hard pack tracks I still switch back to my grooved front radials as nothing else compares.

TeamOMatic69
07-09-2007, 04:30 PM
hopefully i made the right choice. I'm getting the razr's on my z250 tomorrow. I gotta see how they hookup in the trail.

SRH
07-09-2007, 05:16 PM
klaws are just cheap tires for average riding prob good

but ill never waste money on them, my holeshots are way better all the way around i mean its a noticeable diff on the mx track between my mxr6's and those junk kenda klaws, corners better, hooks up better...there nice tires

L0w3r55
07-09-2007, 06:15 PM
what about the 18 inch knarlys? i was thinking about those how are they for the track and trail?

1965 honda
07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
holeshots are the best. :macho

400exrider707
07-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by L0w3r55
what about the 18 inch knarlys? i was thinking about those how are they for the track and trail?

I like my 18" knarlys better than holeshots now... Im sold on these tires, they are my favorite rear MX tire, they do seem slightly heavier than most other mx tires but they are also 4 ply. This is pretty much the only rear MX tire I'll buy again, and they're inexpensive. They do wear fast though, but no faster than any other MX tire. Klaws are the longest lasting but hookup the least I think.

Sjorge450R
07-10-2007, 04:48 PM
back beforei was sponsored by kenda, i was like, WTH, lets try the klaw XCR rears. Got them and I LOVED them. Ran a whole season on them with my 300 and they STILL have life left on them. Once i got sponsored, i got some 22 Klaw fronts and some 21 knarly rears. Ilove the knarlys more than the klaws. Kenda just made both the klaw front and the knarly rear a radial and needless to say, i will be picking them up. I cant tell you about the wearing tho. I run the sticky compound, so they wear quicker than the regulars.