PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly no spark question

86250rbanshee
07-08-2007, 02:31 PM
OK here goes, I have a Grizzly we are working on no spark replaced CDI box, coil, spark plug and spark plug cap. It will not spark in the least. Anyone ahve any ideas?

Thanks
Clayton

c0m3d1an
07-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Is the new CDI box grounded to the frame?
When testing spark, I always unscrew the plug from the motor, then make sure the spark plug cap is pushed on tight, then touch the bottom of the spark plug (electrode) to a metal surface on the motor (headder pipe, ect) and push the start button or have someone pull start it.
If the ignition is grounded properly it will spark.
Make sure no flamables are near the area when doing this for obvious reasons.
Also, Do not hold the plug or electrode in your hand while you are cranking it over, hold it by the rubber spark plug cap.

Good luck to you.

86250rbanshee
07-10-2007, 05:23 AM
Yeah like I said we put a new spark plug, and spark plug holder on it, I like to actually ground the plug with a set of clamps like a little jumper wire with big aligator clips. Its not like this bike is in a a stealership or anything like out its in our four wheeler shop, its just that these electronic type pieces are so hard to test, regulators, CDI'S those types of items.
If anyone has thoughts let me know, Whats kinda funny is that we had a another gris come in with a starter gear out that craped out, so obvoisuly had to take stator side off and we check continutiy between the 2 and they are almost exact.