PDA

View Full Version : protein shakes

xtullyx16
07-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Is the protein shake still as powerful if u put mix 1 scoop of protein with more than 8 oz of milk or water?? not sure if diluting it with more milk will make it weaker.. thanks

gncc025
07-08-2007, 02:49 PM
nah it doesnt hurt at all. if anything it makes it better. milk has a good bit of protein in it so it makes it that much better. it isnt whey protein like whats in the mix though.

xtullyx16
07-08-2007, 03:24 PM
is there any other good supplements like a pre workout supplement that gets u pumped... i've been told to try no xplode but it uses creatine and it makes ur heart race .. im a no creatine kind of guy... thanks if anyone has any supplements or info i could use

gncc025
07-08-2007, 08:49 PM
if ur wanting pump NO2 is good. it almost makes u to where u cant move ur arms after a workout.
i dont know if ur main goal is to get bigger, stronger or both but methyl masterdrol will give u unreal strength. when i started taking it my bench max was 205. after 4 weeks my max was 275. after i quit taking it, it went down to 250 but has stayed their so far. it wont make u any bigger though.
its pretty hard to find and a little hard on the kidneys too.

CRich[814]
07-08-2007, 09:18 PM
my brother used to use that stuff. and all i know is, that the cookies and cream is so damn good. :macho

Villageidiott83
07-09-2007, 08:01 AM
creatine doesnt make ur heart race. its the caffiene in the NO. NO is a traditional cutter, appetite supprecant and the caffiene gives you alil more energy to burn some fat. the only thing creatine will do is temporarily swell ur muscles with water, that way when you work out you get a temp. pump. theoritically its supposed to help with muscle gain, by pumping them up and letting them fill with more blood......

Villageidiott83
07-09-2007, 08:07 AM
, before bush put the band on.... ephedra was the ticket. now to replace the ephedra drug companys load these energy cutters with caffiene. almost like drinking 4 cups of coffee. since caffiene is an appetite supprecant anyway it works almost identical. and creatine is no where near as bad for your kidneys and liver as protien is. your body works double overtime trying to digest the protien and it taxes them. not enough to worry bout. 17 alphas are much worse. haha. your body only digest 30 to 40 grams give or a take every hour anyway so making a huge protien shake is not ideal. your body will get better protien intake from eating solids like fish chicken steak etc. it takes longer to digest and you body can utilize more of the protien.

250ex13
07-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by gncc025
if ur wanting pump NO2 is good. it almost makes u to where u cant move ur arms after a workout.
i dont know if ur main goal is to get bigger, stronger or both but methyl masterdrol will give u unreal strength. when i started taking it my bench max was 205. after 4 weeks my max was 275. after i quit taking it, it went down to 250 but has stayed their so far. it wont make u any bigger though.
its pretty hard to find and a little hard on the kidneys too. he's 16.. no need for pro-hormones at that age.

edit: what did you use for your PCT gncc?

gncc025
07-09-2007, 10:38 AM
i used gaspari novedex xt.
the methyl masterdrol is a pretty weak pro-hormone though. its got milk thistle in it too to make it a little easier on the kidneys. but i completely agree 16 is too young of age to be taking it.
NO2 would be fine for u to take though.

ltrfofiddy32
07-09-2007, 10:45 AM
im 15 i drink whey protein shakes after i workout. it doesnt make you strong like criatine or anything like that it just heals your muscles faster after they tear from lifting.

Villageidiott83
07-09-2007, 11:05 AM
any pro hormone is not real juice. the chances of it effecting the body in a negative way is slim to none. personally i wouldnt recommend it to anyone under the age of 20. after your test levels have mellowed out. glutamine helps heal your muscles, protien acts as a building block. it attaches to receptors and builds muscles. most protien has gluts in it but you can pic up a can of glut powder for like 6 bucks..... after your work out your muscles should be starved for glucose (sugar). so alil tip drink some juice post work out. and always take your heavy protien i.e.steak fish chicken... pre goin to bed. it gives your body all nite to digest the protien. id be careful using the clomid or nolv. its an estrogen blocker but your test levels will not be high enough to produce that much estrogen build up unless you are sensitive to pro hormones which is very unlikely. pro hormones are pill form and are digested in the stomach so about 40% of the actual pill gets to where its goin. but if you must take it take your main stack should be in the morning when getting up. that is when your test levels spike and are the highest.

250ex13
07-09-2007, 11:11 AM
i used gaspari novedex xt.
the methyl masterdrol is a pretty weak pro-hormone though. its got milk thistle in it too to make it a little easier on the kidneys. but i completely agree 16 is too young of age to be taking it.
NO2 would be fine for u to take though. nice, novedex is the way to go.. yeah, i agree with it being weak. I just think no one should be messing with test. boosters and pro-hormones till atleast 18. N02 is fine, but alot of people will try to drive you away from products sold at GNC as they're normally just over priced crap.

250ex13
07-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Villageidiott83
any pro hormone is not real juice. the chances of it effecting the body in a negative way is slim to none. personally i wouldnt recommend it to anyone under the age of 20. after your test levels have mellowed out. glutamine helps heal your muscles, protien acts as a building block. it attaches to receptors and builds muscles. most protien has gluts in it but you can pic up a can of glut powder for like 6 bucks..... after your work out your muscles should be starved for glucose (sugar). so alil tip drink some juice post work out. and always take your heavy protien i.e.steak fish chicken... pre goin to bed. it gives your body all nite to digest the protien. id be careful using the clomid or nolv. its an estrogen blocker but your test levels will not be high enough to produce that much estrogen build up unless you are sensitive to pro hormones which is very unlikely. pro hormones are pill form and are digested in the stomach so about 40% of the actual pill gets to where its goin. but if you must take it take your main stack should be in the morning when getting up. that is when your test levels spike and are the highest. I agree with the high protein pre-bed. but I think it would be fine to just stick with what he's doing now, and have a cup of cottage cheese or something before bed as cottage cheese is high in casein protein ( a slow digesting protein ) if having meat would be a problem late a night

gncc025
07-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 250ex13
alot of people will try to drive you away from products sold at GNC as they're normally just over priced crap.

Very true. most of it really is, with the exception of protein and a few other things.

as for glutamine, i believe some of the more expensive proteins already have it premixed with it in there.
xtully, whenever u go to buy something like protein, no2 and etc always check the label out. that will tell u a lot.

250ex13
07-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Very true. most of it really is, with the exception of protein and a few other things.

as for glutamine, i believe some of the more expensive proteins already have it premixed with it in there.
xtully, whenever u go to buy something like protein, no2 and etc always check the label out. that will tell u a lot.
yeah, the only thing I buy from GNC is shakers :p
You guys should check out the bodybuilding.com forums.. real cool people over there

gncc025
07-09-2007, 11:29 AM

You guys should check out the bodybuilding.com forums.. real cool people over there

will do

250ex13
07-09-2007, 11:33 AM
will do sweet deal, if you decide to join there's a cool feature, bodyspace kinda like myspace but you put all your best lifts, measurements, supplements, diet and all that good stuff

xtullyx16
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
thanks guys.. yeah my friend keeps telling my to try no xplode.. but idk what it all does for him cause he takes nitrogen **** and glycine or gluatmine , no xplode , whey , and mass xxx and prolly more... but he has sum big gains .. he prolly couldnt bench 190 like 3 months ago and now hes at 275 or 285.. im just looking for something that will help getting bigger and stronger while taking whey.. idk maybe working harder and longer in the gym is what i need...

gncc025
07-09-2007, 11:42 AM
sweet deal, if you decide to join there's a cool feature, bodyspace kinda like myspace but you put all your best lifts, measurements, supplements, diet and all that good stuff

Awesome site man, thanks. im def going to join.

250ex13
07-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
thanks guys.. yeah my friend keeps telling my to try no xplode.. but idk what it all does for him cause he takes nitrogen **** and glycine or gluatmine , no xplode , whey , and mass xxx and prolly more... but he has sum big gains .. he prolly couldnt bench 190 like 3 months ago and now hes at 275 or 285.. im just looking for something that will help getting bigger and stronger while taking whey.. idk maybe working harder and longer in the gym is what i need... I wouldn't go with no-xplode.. stick to whey, keep your diet in check, lift hard.. if you really want a pre-workout supplement, check out the controlled labs products.. great stuff, tastes great also. http://www.controlledlabs.com/

250ex13
07-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Awesome site man, thanks. im def going to join. sweet! if you set up a bodyspace, send me the url

02400exracer
07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
i just bought some Pro-Nos today at GNC, ive only had one serving, thought it taste like crap, has anyone else tried it? any good gains? also will the protein show up on a drug test , because my new job does a random drug screening. just wondering

derekhonda
07-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Villageidiott83
, before bush put the band on.... ephedra was the ticket. now to replace the ephedra drug companys load these energy cutters with caffiene. almost like drinking 4 cups of coffee. since caffiene is an appetite supprecant anyway it works almost identical.

and creatine is no where near as bad for your kidneys and liver as protien is. your body works double overtime trying to digest the protien and it taxes them. not enough to worry bout. 17 alphas are much worse. haha. your body only digest 30 to 40 grams give or a take every hour anyway so making a huge protien shake is not ideal. your body will get better protien intake from eating solids like fish chicken steak etc. it takes longer to digest and you body can utilize more of the protien.

You can still find ephedra online at places, although you need to read up on it before you use it...there is a good reason why it was banned.

I thought the same thing about protein, that it made your kidneys work way too hard if you overload on protein, because it does just get excreted out in urine. I just got my new muscle and fitness magazine in the other day and just read it this afternoon, everything i thought i knew they basically told me i didn't. they have about an 8 page article on protein, when, what, and how much to take, good article. They did say that there is no evidence about too much protein being bad for you. If you are a very active person, you need about .8 grams of protein per pound of your weight. if you are sedentary, .4 grams. so if you weigh 200 and lift everyday and don't just sit on the couch, you need to be taking in about 160g protein.

gncc025
07-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by 02400exracer
i just bought some Pro-Nos today at GNC, ive only had one serving, thought it taste like crap, has anyone else tried it? any good gains? also will the protein show up on a drug test , because my new job does a random drug screening. just wondering
nah protein will not show up on the drug test. employers just test for the illegal drugs like pot, cocaine, and etc.

whiteEX
07-09-2007, 09:25 PM
i think eas makes some good protein shakes, uh i drink some before i workout, it doesn't matter iff u have more milk cause milk would also add more protein, remember drink it before u workout or get ur heart pumpin

Villageidiott83
07-10-2007, 07:56 AM
When on cycle or powerlifting my friend you should be taking double your weight of protien. if you weigh 200 you should be taking 400 grams. but space your intake apart so your body can get the most out of it. and yes that article was written with the mind set that you are just taking over the counter suppl. but if you were cycling with real **** everything you swallow hurts your liver/kidneys. if all ur gonna take is protien and mild supplements by all means have at it. if you want size your goin to need a high calorie high carb low fat intake. mine used to be around 4000 cals a day. diet is more important than anything.