PDA

View Full Version : Building a FMX ramp

DVXracer
07-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Okay so me and my buddy Vince want to make a mini FMX ramp in my backyard for our pitbikes, Has anyone on here built one before ? What do i need ? Anything i should know ? Any advice is appreciated, Thanks.

DVXracer
07-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Also we want to make it out of wood, neither of us have a welder ... is wood good enough ?

Mc. Muffin
07-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Wood is alright to build with.

http://www.fmxschool.com/images/ramps_sidebyside.jpg

Ruby Soho
07-08-2007, 03:39 PM
wood isn't the best solution but i guess it could work. if its for a pit bike it should be fine. steel is probably a better alternative but if you can't weld than scratch that idea. just keep it dry

Rootar
07-08-2007, 09:23 PM
how high and far you looking to go on the pitbikes

3 foot tall and around 7 feet long (i think 11 foot radius)would be better for learning and 4 feet tall and about 8 feet long ( 10 foot radius) would be good for some one that already knows how to air it out pretty big.

you can build it just like a skateboard Quaterpipe just with no deck or coping, youll need 3 layers of 3/8 inch thick plywood if you want it to last longer than a month, youll need more latteral and vertical support for the plywood sides to keep it from warpping or distorting.

DVXracer
07-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
how high and far you looking to go on the pitbikes

3 foot tall and around 7 feet long (i think 11 foot radius)would be better for learning and 4 feet tall and about 8 feet long ( 10 foot radius) would be good for some one that already knows how to air it out pretty big.

you can build it just like a skateboard Quaterpipe just with no deck or coping, youll need 3 layers of 3/8 inch thick plywood if you want it to last longer than a month, youll need more latteral and vertical support for the plywood sides to keep it from warpping or distorting.

Thanks alot man thats what i was looking for