PDA

View Full Version : planning a trip to Breezewood! I need help!

yellow400ex05
07-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Ok I'm going to be planning a trip with my brother and a friend of mine to go to Breezewood and I have a few questions, since I still haven't been able to use the forums for the track I figured I'd ask here.

Ok I live in jersey, so this is a pretty big trip and I'd rather be OVER prepared than under prepared

Riding requirements: what do I need to wear?

I want to spend the night there and Its too expensive for a cabin are there any good motels around the area?

How do I get a 2 day pass I'm not sure If I'll be going during the week or during the weekend, most likely on the weekend.

I know I should bring tools and spare parts but what else HELP ME OUT please!

thanks

:macho

05Z400rdr
07-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey man, that's awesome that you'll be makin a trip to Breezewod. Always love having more people coming there. I just got back at 10 last night from there, we went all day yesterday.

For things to wear, you will need boots and a helmet, and i highly suggest gloves and a chest protector if you have them. :macho

If you dont want to stay in a cabin, but you want to spend the weekend there, i suggest camping out! It's so much fun there, you can make a fire, hang out with your buddies, new people you met, whoever. There is a few motels in the town of Breezewood which is about 20mins away from the park...but if I were you, I would camp there!! :cool:

You dont "pre-order" your tickets. When you arrive to the Proving Grounds, you will stop and pay before you park. You just tell them you want a two-day pass and if your camping that night, tell them that too.

And for things to bring, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there buddy. Bring any tools that you have that you may need. Bring any spare or extra or stock parts that you have, too. Bring extra clothes, both for good and for riding in. Bring a towel, and anything else you want to use to shower with. They do have a shower house that you can use.

I think that answers most of your questions.

You'll have a blast there man. Everybody there, wether it's Dan and Amanda, the owners, or if its other people riding, or people just at the park to watch or work or hang out, is sooo nice. It's a great, fun environment.
:macho :cool:

Hope this helps you.

Landon

:cool: Breezewood Proving Grounds (http://www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com) :cool:

yellow400ex05
07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey thanks Landon! If theres anything else that anyone wants to add post it up!

I can't wait.:blah:

ltrfofiddy32
07-08-2007, 11:09 AM
The man up there is right i have been there 4 times i just was there friday it has an amazing track for ATVs. I suggest camping out there also.

250ex13
07-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I got some advice for you james.. drive to CT pick me up, then go to breezewood:devil:

yellow400ex05
07-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by 250ex13
I got some advice for you james.. drive to CT pick me up, then go to breezewood:devil:

I would but You'd have to at least drive to nj and meet us somewhere lol and then I'd take u.

quad2xtreme
07-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Breezewood has motels. You will be about 25 mins from the park if you stay in Breezewod. So, you lose an hour each day in travel...plus, nowhere to go during the day when you want a break. If you are planning to haul your stuff then you are looking at 2 extra gallons of gas a day in your truck...$6.00...plus your hotel bill.

Personally, I always stay in a cabin. Private bathroom, private shower with guaranteed hot water, and air conditioning at night.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday is $360 total for 3 people which includes your riding fees.

You are looking at $60 for a 3 day riding pass or $50 for a 2 day pass...or $180 or $150 to ride for 3 people. You could save money camping and using the shower house. This is only $10 per night/vehicle.

If I were you, I would leave early Friday so you get to ride Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Trust me, you will wish you had.