PDA

View Full Version : 250r hard to turn, neep help

brokeazz250r
07-08-2007, 12:18 AM
hey guys my 250r is super hard to turn, i have a yfz with a dampner on it all the way up and it is not even close to my 250r. i have rode bikes with doubel steering dampeners on them and they arnt neer this ahrd to turn, my 250r has no steering dampener it has always been ahrd to turn, dose anyone know what could be wrong? my buddy sed the bolt on the bottom of the frame where my stem bolts on might be to tight? anyone ahve any sugestions? thanks

redrooster310r
07-08-2007, 06:51 AM
maybe the steering stem bushing is either wrong or too tight...its located on the stem behind the headlight. try greasing the bushing and not make it too tight....or the bearing on the bottom of the steering stem may be bad.... or stems bent........

beobe99
07-08-2007, 09:16 PM
could be acouple things. first disconnect the tie rods and check to see if its still dificult to steer.. if it is,then its your stem bushings or lower bearings. make sure you have the spacer for the bolt on your lower stem so that your not tighting the nut straight agiants the bearing. Also make sure your steering stemm bushing is greased on the inside and out.

If you disconnect the tie rods and it all loosens up and steerings fine then the problem is in your ball joints/knuckle.

check your steering stem bushing, and lower bearing. make sure they are greased

check your tie rod ball joints
check your knuckle and main ball joints (ball joints go bad)

brokeazz250r
07-08-2007, 09:30 PM
hey thanks guys i will check thees things