PDA

View Full Version : nascar fans

JJs450r
07-07-2007, 07:40 PM
who do you pull for? i picked up on truex jr on when he first came over to nascar but always liked him during his busch days, hes currently 9th in points another person i favor is hamlin :) think he may take it this year

87250rxrider
07-07-2007, 09:23 PM
i'm a Dale Jr fan here.

anybody see that finish to the race at daytona tonight... talk about a picture perfect finish.

Quad18star
07-07-2007, 09:43 PM
I pull for #19 Elliot Sadler but he's having a terrible year . I've been a fan since he moved up to the Cup Series.

As for tonights race .... one of the best I've seen in a while . I love it when they race at night ... just seems to make things a whole lot more fun . What a finish that was !!!!!:eek:

rcer450r
07-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I pull for Kahne mainly, I really like Robby Gordons Monster car though;)

JJs450r
07-07-2007, 10:55 PM
ya elliot sadler hasnt been doing as good as he used to but hes a good driver, i liked dale but i dont know how things are gonna go when he leaves dei, as for tonights race me and the fiance made a trip to town for some stuff and had to listen to it 2night on the radio :-/

81 clark racing
07-08-2007, 10:43 AM
jeff gordon!!!!

honda8&3
07-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Dale jr, Truex jr, Jeff burton,

honda8&3
07-08-2007, 11:39 AM
i ALSO HATE tONY sTEWART FOR HIS COMMENTS ABOUT HIS WRECK WITH HAMLIN AT LAST NIGHTS RACE... what and @$$ hole:rolleyes: That race was great.:devil:

JJs450r
07-08-2007, 02:02 PM
ya that was pretty stupid on his part guess he will always be cocky

honda8&3
07-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
ya that was pretty stupid on his part guess he will always be cocky

Ya he thinks hes the best so he runs his mouth.

NPelletier
07-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Michael Waltrip, been a die-hard fan since he joined DEI and still am:devil:

i also like elliot sadler, jr, truex, reutimann, carl edwards

2002400ex
07-08-2007, 05:39 PM
i like dale jr and mark martin

i hate jeff gordon, jimmie johnson, and tony stewart. they are all weenie heads

honda4life72
07-08-2007, 05:41 PM
hate gordon:devil:

go jimmie johnson :blah:

Outlaw 50
07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
i ALSO HATE tONY sTEWART FOR HIS COMMENTS ABOUT HIS WRECK WITH HAMLIN AT LAST NIGHTS RACE... what and @$$ hole:rolleyes: That race was great.:devil:

Yeah,.....how about maybe he should have said...."I'm sorry I ran over my teammate!"....duh!

I'm a Dale Jr fan mostly because of his dad and budweiser aint bad either!

flauge
07-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Ricky Bobby!!!:blah:

J/k, Dale Jr.:cool:

TRFOXX
07-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Gordon fan!

MO-EX-RIDER
07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
jimmie johnson and carl edwards is second favorite

redlineranger
07-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Dale Jr here.... i dont know why, and it maybe the JR will be his team mate next year, but im kinda startin to like Jeff Gordon. most of the races he's won this year its been right down to the wire with some driver i cant stand so i'll pull for him lol. but oh well.

tony stewart is a c*ck.... needs to have some respect beat into his sorry @ss. hamlin just got a little bit loose and slowed up a little bit. but tony races like its the last damn lap every lap. maybe joe gibbs will fire his @ss. that would be great, he's a disgrace to nascar. and a pretty sore sport too, like at loudon, he quit racin hard because he was hungy:ermm: ... and then this weekend when he plows his team mate and said it was hamlins fault. what a dousche.

other than the finish of the race the other night, that was the absolute most boring restrictor plate race i have ever watched. i usually stop watchin when earnhardt gets took out, but i didnt this time i wish i would've just went to sleep now. the race was pretty lame.

bradley300
07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
i'll be the first to admit that i'm a montoya fan. its fun watching someone of his caliber learn the ropes of a completly different car. its also nice that he dosent really fit and typical nascar driver mold. what i love most is is agression. its a boring race with 43 mark martins on the track letting everyone by, its nice to see someone make someone earn the position instead of just giving it up

i like a bunch of people, and really just like a good race. i like seeing lesser drivers do well, or improve, so i like watching johnny sauter, and i pull for all the toyota's. robby gordon is a jackass most of the time, but i like the fact that he can race so many different kinds of series and do respectable in them, so i try to follow him also

i'm not a typical fan tho, thee really isnt a driver that makes me mad when he wins like alot of fans.

bradley300
07-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
but tony races like its the last damn lap every lap. .

i wish more people raced like that, it gets awful boring when the daytona 500 is a 495 mile ride around the track and a 5 mile race

Quad18star
07-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i'll be the first to admit that i'm a montoya fan. its fun watching someone of his caliber learn the ropes of a completly different car. its also nice that he dosent really fit and typical nascar driver mold. what i love most is is agression. its a boring race with 43 mark martins on the track letting everyone by, its nice to see someone make someone earn the position instead of just giving it up

i like a bunch of people, and really just like a good race. i like seeing lesser drivers do well, or improve, so i like watching johnny sauter, and i pull for all the toyota's. robby gordon is a jackass most of the time, but i like the fact that he can race so many different kinds of series and do respectable in them, so i try to follow him also

i'm not a typical fan tho, thee really isnt a driver that makes me mad when he wins like alot of fans.

I agree ... Montoya is great to watch. He's learning the Nascar ropes and isn't doing too bad ... plus he's bringing a different kind of driving aspect to the sport ( "Get out of my way or I'll wreck you and me at the same time." lol).

One of the best parts of the last race was when Busch(I believe) or maybe Mears went from a high line and cut down left VERY hard . I have to give it to Busch , his car was loose all night and he still managed a 2nd place.

Quad18star
07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
tony races like its the last damn lap every lap.

I was going to comment on this before , but completely forgot about it until I saw Bradley's comment .

Shouldn't a driver be racing like it's the last lap , every lap?? That's what wins races . Granted it was a mistake what happened with Tony , the guy was doing what he's paid to do .... race the race to get out front .

trx400EXtreme
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 81 clark racing
jeff gordon!!!! yep. its his year, for the 5th time i might add...:blah: :macho

honda8&3
07-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I have to admit even though I don't like jeff gordon, he is an excellent driver. But I hate his team mate jimmie johnson. HE IS AN INCONCITERATE CHEATER IMO. 2 Times in the past year. :mad: :cuss: :grr:

trx400EXtreme
07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
I have to admit even though I don't like jeff gordon, he is an excellent driver. But I hate his team mate jimmie johnson. HE IS AN INCONCITERATE CHEATER IMO. 2 Times in the past year. :mad: :cuss: :grr: yea jimmie's kind of a ***** sometimes.

Quad18star
07-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Whats everyones opinion about the suspensions of the crew chiefs and the deduction of points ?

honda8&3
07-11-2007, 07:36 PM
They are all equal to Juniors. So I am cool with it.

redlineranger
07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I was going to comment on this before , but completely forgot about it until I saw Bradley's comment .

Shouldn't a driver be racing like it's the last lap , every lap?? That's what wins races . Granted it was a mistake what happened with Tony , the guy was doing what he's paid to do .... race the race to get out front .

yea thats right, but like lap 9 at daytona and he's plowin his team-mate when all he had to do was wait til they got off the corner to pass him. he said he was ready to go, and ready to pass him, all he had to do was wait 20 more feet. shows how impatient he is. he is the one who doesnt understand the word team mate, or team work. he's one of those that spells team with an " I ". to bad he had to wreck himself and denny, one or the other probably would've won.

what was funny, is in the daytona 500, kurt busch got tony loose and he slowed up a little bit, busch hits and they both wrecked. tony said that was just one of the racing things and that he wasnt mad at all. but now when hamlin slows up a little bit and stewarts hits him and it turns out to be the same situation, its the end of the world and he's gotta bad mouth someone. tony stewart is just a sore loser.

redlineranger
07-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Whats everyones opinion about the suspensions of the crew chiefs and the deduction of points ?

i think its BS how the reporters think the hendricks teams fines and suspentions were too harsh. but then they say that Dale Jr.'s was good for him when he got fined that seriously over a damn little bracket. tony eury jr has never had anything serious, but chad knaus is a damn repeat offender by like 20 times literally. if gordons crew chief dont watch out, he'll drag him into the cheating world. thats all knaus is. i personally think dale jr's penalty was bullsh*t, one little bracket cost him that much. but NASCAR said that the first team that got caught was screwed, so i guess they held to it. the hendricks thing was obviously a joint operation though cus the modified areas of the nose were on the exact same spot. chad knaus should get the boot from NASCAR for a year, maybe even 2. that'd be good for him. steve latarte hasnt had any offenses that i know of so this was a good one for him, and i bet he wont have another serious one.

all in all though, like the other guy said, they were all equal to JR.'s penalty, so i guess it has to be fair.

mx825
07-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I'll always be a dale junior fan.

Quad18star
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
i think its BS how the reporters think the hendricks teams fines and suspentions were too harsh. but then they say that Dale Jr.'s was good for him when he got fined that seriously over a damn little bracket. tony eury jr has never had anything serious, but chad knaus is a damn repeat offender by like 20 times literally. if gordons crew chief dont watch out, he'll drag him into the cheating world. thats all knaus is. i personally think dale jr's penalty was bullsh*t, one little bracket cost him that much. but NASCAR said that the first team that got caught was screwed, so i guess they held to it. the hendricks thing was obviously a joint operation though cus the modified areas of the nose were on the exact same spot. chad knaus should get the boot from NASCAR for a year, maybe even 2. that'd be good for him. steve latarte hasnt had any offenses that i know of so this was a good one for him, and i bet he wont have another serious one.

all in all though, like the other guy said, they were all equal to JR.'s penalty, so i guess it has to be fair.

I agree .

Saturday night there was discussion on the broadcasting station on the subject if the drivers should have been penalized more or even suspended because they might have known what was going on .

Now I'm sure Jeff and Jimmie knew what was going on with their cars , but should both the drivers and the crew chiefs have been suspended for this ?? Personally I think that both the drivers should have gotten the boot for atleast 2 races along with the crew chiefs suspensions , but NASCAR didn't think so. Having a crew chief suspended doesn't really do much ... they're still allowed to be in ths shop , help set up the cars and coach the person replacing them on race day . EVERYONE on the team knows what to do ... I mean they do it EVERY day ... having one guy that stares at a TV screen on a platform absent doesn't do jack !!!

mxdad
07-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Dale Sr will always be the greatest IMO.
After he died I picked Kenseth to be my favorite, even before he won his championship. He is still my fav driver but now I am finding myself routing for Kyle Busch a lot. I think he is going to end up a great race car driver and Hendrick will regret getting rid of him for Jr.

elmer91
07-12-2007, 09:58 AM
im a jr fan. then comes jimmy johnson. what makes me mad is jr. becoming gordons teammate.

trx400EXtreme
07-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by elmer91
im a jr fan. then comes jimmy johnson. what makes me mad is jr. becoming gordons teammate.

which means he'll have a chance at the championship.;) with his driving and hendricks cars, next year will be his year.

honda8&3
07-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
which means he'll have a chance at the championship.;) with his driving and hendricks cars, next year will be his year.

x2

elmer91
07-12-2007, 11:25 AM
i agree that overall it will help him win the championship. it just surprised me, him being partners with gordon.

trx400EXtreme
07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by elmer91
i agree that overall it will help him win the championship. it just surprised me, him being partners with gordon.

yea thats the last thing i expected to happen actually.

bradley300
07-12-2007, 05:55 PM
the hendick penalty at sonoma was more hars than jr's penalty. remeber, junior still got to practice and qualify for hs race, gordon and johnson were parked for the day

honda8&3
07-12-2007, 06:09 PM
the hendick penalty at sonoma was more hars than jr's penalty. remeber, junior still got to practice and qualify for hs race, gordon and johnson were parked for the day

Whatever the matter. They are still babies, and are complaining about it when they still did good at Sonoma despite the penalty.

m4skinner
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM

I agree with Gordons point deduction but Johnsons should have been more its like he didn't lose any points he was 3rd in poinst like 366 back before and after he was in 5th and still 366 back.

redlineranger
07-12-2007, 08:51 PM

didnt make no difference, Gordon almost won the race. Jeff Gordon, or Dale Jr would've won that race if it hadnt of been being off on there fuel strategy. montoya won because of plowing the leading going into a corner, and then lucking up and not running out of gas.

and about jimmie johnsons.... his *ss, and his lame cheater crew chief chad knaus outta be banned. that would be the best thing for the both of them. chad knaus is the worst about pushing nascar's so called "grey area":rolleyes: .... they cheat so much its almost like baseball and steriods, and barry bonds breaking the homerun record. all of jimmie johnsons wins should have asterik's beside them cus him and chad knaus find something new to cheat with every week.

Brian France is a friggin joke. Nascar as been flushed down the pipes since he's took over. the only thing he's done that i've liked is the chase format. i hated the way one driver could just walk off with the lead, and then damn near lay out half the year if they wanted and still win the championship.

Robin Pembertin and all of NASCAR's officials are all a bunch of goons. they cant ever make up there mind on a damn rule they make, they have to change it 500 times until it gets to the point of being rediculous. but anyways im gonna stop ranting about nascar for the night, i follow it pretty much every day and get mad about how much further France drives it into the ground everyday.

we need to start a NASCAR thread, cus apparently there's a good bit of folks that follow it. maybe this one could be it?

96lapis coupe
07-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
which means he'll have a chance at the championship.;) with his driving and hendricks cars, next year will be his year. Over half of jr's 17 wins came on restrictor plate tracks when DEI was so dominant that even a hack like Michael Waltrip was winning races at Daytona. Jr. is sooooooooooo overrated.

honda8&3
07-13-2007, 04:57 AM
I've been a fan of him for a while. Who cares if he is overrated, So isn't Gordon, Johnson, Stewart. So who do you route for.
And who cares if they are all restrictor plate tracks. Maybe you just hate.:grr: :huh :rolleyes:

Crashmore 22
07-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I am a Gordon fan! I don't see how anyone can like nascar and not like Jeff Gordon.:huh Not only is he the best driver on the track he is the most professional off the track. He even owns and funds a children's hospital.

I don't see what the attraction is to Jr. I dont see how anyone can say he is the best driver on the track. Only 17 wins in cars that were set up by Sr? I have always thought it was Bud, but after the announcement that Hendrick has no room for Bud, it will be interesting to see who likes Jr for Jr.

JJs450r
07-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Crashmore 22
I am a Gordon fan! I don't see how anyone can like nascar and not like Jeff Gordon.:huh Not only is he the best driver on the track he is the most professional off the track. He even owns and funds a children's hospital.

I don't see what the attraction is to Jr. I dont see how anyone can say he is the best driver on the track. Only 17 wins in cars that were set up by Sr? I have always thought it was Bud, but after the announcement that Hendrick has no room for Bud, it will be interesting to see who likes Jr for Jr.

i remember when he ran outta gas a few years back and started crying hahahaha, and when he turned tony around and tony rearended him in the pits, and jeffy came up with his helmet on pushing tony lol sissy boy :) but other then that hes a good guy

JJs450r
07-15-2007, 08:09 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqh0ozO48oI

lol another one where he left his helmet on

roundsy
07-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Jeff Gordon all the way! Even if ppl think he's a baby, they're still getting their butts kicked this season by him, and its not for the first season either.

Crashmore 22
07-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqh0ozO48oI

lol another one where he left his helmet on

I diddn't watch the clip, but I assume it is when Gordon pushed the Wisconsin Cheese Head, seems like a good idea to me. I try to keep from getting hit if at all possible when I fight. I guess common sense isn't so common.:ermm:

Crashmore 22
07-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by roundsy
Jeff Gordon all the way! Even if ppl think he's a baby, they're still getting their butts kicked this season by him, and its not for the first season either.

Drive for five this season! Look out DW, you are bout to be passed on the all time win list.

bradley300
07-16-2007, 12:29 PM
didnt make no difference, Gordon almost won the race. Jeff Gordon, or Dale Jr would've won that race if it hadnt of been being off on there fuel strategy. montoya won because of plowing the leading going into a corner, and then lucking up and not running out of gas.

montoya's pass for the lead was totally clean, he did spin kurt busch, but busch braked early. his pass on johnson was nothing special, just a little rubbing. also remeber if it wasnt a feul mileage race, montoya's car would have been incredibly fast. they talked all weekend about how they leaned and leaned the motor out to get more mileage, even sacrificing power to do so. regardless he started 32nd and passed the majority of people on the track, with a slower car. it was his race to win and he knew it, otherwise, he wouldnt have chanced having such a slow car