PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust too loud

ATKnewbie
07-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Well it happened today, one of the neighbors came over complaining that the quad is too loud.
He even had the state and county ordinance in hand with a decible meter...
I knew the guy was a little off, but it appears he has nothing better to do than complain about others.

I tried explaining that this was the stock exhaust, but that did not get me far!

So how can I quiet the 125 down a bit?

CEOR
07-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Give your neighbor ear plugs!!!!!!

ATKnewbie
07-07-2007, 05:42 PM
That was close to my wife's response, but yours is a bit nicer.
I am hoping there is a slip on out there that may tone it down a bit and if that does not stop a war from starting, so be it.

forgiven
07-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Are you doing this in town? Or do you have a few acres?

ATKnewbie
07-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Not in down town, we are a bit outside of town on four acres.
I do not believe it to be a true problem, just an unfriendly neighbor with nothing better to do.
No one else has ever complained even when I had my Dale out running around the yard which is quite a bit louder than my sons quad.
But, for the sake of the overall happyness of the neighborhood I am willing to make this sacrafice if there is a decent means of toning it down a bit.

WOLFPACK
07-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Contact Guy Sutton at 219-746-3476. He has a brand new Leo Vince Exhaust he is selling for the Typhoon. It is quieter!

ATKnewbie
07-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks.
I spoke to Guy earlier this morning and he is sending me the exhaust this week.
He did say that I may see a power loss from the exhaust compared to stock which is unfortunate.

Ride1Rob
07-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I recieved a quite end cap when I purchased my sons bike. That would have surely solved the problem. THe bike sounded like a sewing machine when I tested it out. My neighbors haven't complained at all as my son rips it up on my dads property next to my house. One came outside, looked, and said to someone else, "That lil guy is getting better isn't he?"

ATKnewbie
07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Did anyone else get an exhaust end cap with theirs?
I did not and this would have handled everything.

CEOR
07-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Exhaust end cap??? Do you mean, spark arrester? Just got news out here in Ca. that new shipment comes with spark arresters and "air boxes". Along with updated jet changes.
Air box alone will quite the "noise maker" muffler down.
As far as I Know, FYM mfrg. is updating these bikes on a weekly basis.
If you look online, you can purchase an air filter "K&N" looking style, that has a clear plexiglass cover (shield), that is claimed to protect from mud. Have'nt tested yet.......But I bet it will quiet you bike down, will act as conventional style air box?
Last I came across it,.. it was cheep!!!! Only a few days ago or so

Ride1Rob
07-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by CEOR
Exhaust end cap??? Do you mean, spark arrester? Just got news out here in Ca. that new shipment comes with spark arresters and "air boxes". Along with updated jet changes.
Air box alone will quite the "noise maker" muffler down.
As far as I Know, FYM mfrg. is updating these bikes on a weekly basis.
If you look online, you can purchase an air filter "K&N" looking style, that has a clear plexiglass cover (shield), that is claimed to protect from mud. Have'nt tested yet.......But I bet it will quiet you bike down, will act as conventional style air box?
Last I came across it,.. it was cheep!!!! Only a few days ago or so

It's not a spark arrestor, it's a solid end cap that you place into the end of the canister. Here's a pic...

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=228808

And no, there's not an actual airbox. The filter is not an open design. It is covered now. It's still located at the same place just not an open filter and is different type filter completely.

mxslevnik69
07-09-2007, 08:56 PM
i got a cap with mine

ATKnewbie
07-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Anyone out there not need theirs or know where I could get one?

mooseatv
07-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by mxslevnik69
i got a cap with mine

YOR SIGNATURE SAYS 2007 TYPHOON,IAM PICKING MINE UP FRIDAY,KIM AT EXTREME ASSURES ME THIS IS THE LATEST AND GREATEST,WHAT DO I LOOK FOR IN CHANGES COMPARED TO THE LATER MODEL,ANY HELP APPRICATED!!!

mxslevnik69
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
i really dont think there is that much of a difference because i have a 2005 and a 2007 and theres really no difference, but i got my 2007 in december

mxslevnik69
07-11-2007, 07:00 PM
o yeah and if you talk to kim again tell her that she still owes Bobby Slevnik a tee shrit:cool:

Ride1Rob
07-13-2007, 12:52 PM
There are a few differences, stronger crank in case you upgrade to the 146cc setup, tranny upgrade, oil cooler, plate underneath motor for better frame stability, and weld points in the frame are thicker and more professionally done.

ATKnewbie, you should be able to order one of those from Xtreme.

guy310
07-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey Daniel, I didn't realize that you had a Dale. I have one too. I have an '02 Cannibal that is setup for XC racing. Boy, had I known that you had a Dale also I would have brought it up. We definitely need to go riding together sometime.

ATKnewbie
07-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Yep, I have an 03 Speed that is stock for the most part other than the 468 HDC stroker that helps pull my fat but around.
Right now I have a very minor coolant and oil leak that I am having the hardest time finding.
That is my project for this week in hopes that we can go riding next weekend!

I hooked up your exhaust the minute we got home and it is a bit quieter, but not much.
The neighbor is still complaining, oh well...
PM me how much to send you.

WMW-F4R
08-10-2007, 11:55 PM
PM ill ship u one

ATKnewbie
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks, but I already purchased one from Extreme. It does work great, but takes a bit away from the bike.