PDA

View Full Version : recommendations on next upgrade

buster024
07-07-2007, 11:24 AM
So I'm looking for what you guys think would be the next best upgrade for my bike. I just finished the front suspension, and am considering starting the rear suspension, swingarm, axle upgrade next.

For starters, what length of swingarm would be recommended? I ride a little of everything, but love mx style the most (non-competitive).

Secondly, can I get a swingarm, that fit stock axles, as well as aftermarket axles? Or do I need to buy the arm, axle, and shock all at the same time?

Any other mod suggestions are appreciated!!

73watermutt
07-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey man I am running a houser swingarm that is I think 1.25 longer than stock with an ohlins rear shock with a lonestar +4 axle and really like that setup. I think you can run a stock axle with an aftermarket swingarm.

krt400ex
07-07-2007, 04:34 PM
i would stay with the stock swing arm, get GT thunder linkage and rear revalve, and an LSR +4 adjustable axle. i would go with the axle b4 the shock and linkage, and i would go with the revalve b4 the linkage if you are only able to do one at a time

400exMO
07-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Aftermarket swingers are fine with stock axles. If I were you I would get a C@D tcs revalve, axle, locknut and bearing carrier. That setup would be dynamite for a noncompetitive mx'r.

07-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Here is one of the greatest upgrades. Get a steering stabilizer. It works wonders and you wil be amazed.

gcart2
07-08-2007, 05:25 PM
if u r doing mx u need a -.25-1" swinger. u have a 400 it doesnt have a lot of power an its looooonnng. think about it. +2 a arms and axel is great. check out www.lsrracing.com