PDA

View Full Version : Race a blaster for motocross

national425ex
07-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I didnt know exactly where to put this so I will put it here because it has to do with will my blaster have the power........ Alright, I usually race XC with my bored out 400ex. Here recently I have been wanting to do some motocross as well. My dad and I think that I just build the motor on my blaster and run in the 350 and under sport class. The blaster already has a 4" extended swingarm, +3+1 arms and works triple rate shocks. It also has 18" holeshots on the back with 19s on the front. It is pretty much already setup. It needs tp be rebuilt, so I would add a big bore and stroker crank on it. The problem is, I am 20 years old and by brother thinks I am to old to race the blaster. My dad and me kept bringing up that Joey Margaria races a blaster in the gncc sport class. My brother thinks joey is alot younger then me, but I thought he was right around 20. Maybe Im wrong. Im just wondering what everyone thinks about this idea.

hontrx265r
07-07-2007, 01:19 AM
unless your a really small person, I think you should step it up, even the 400ex is out dated at this point, not a bad bike at all. But not the fastest of the best handling either. If you just want to fool around, what the heck race it. Otherwise its time to step it up, I've been riding a bigbore 250r since I was 15. I'm 24 now and ride a yz based 450 hybrid, and I don't think thats enough.

300ex mxracer
07-08-2007, 03:59 PM
in motocross, the 350 and under class is a 0-200 2-stroke, 0-300 4-stroke class. it is also an age group, being 13-15 year olds. id say run the 400 in a C class...

bradley300
07-11-2007, 03:16 PM
if you are comfortable on the blaster, then go on and race it in the sport class, just check the age rules, alot of the blaster mx classes are 16 and under. i loved my blaster and had it really well set up, i'm 23 and just got off of it at the begining of this year.

4wheels4life
07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by national425ex
I didnt know exactly where to put this so I will put it here because it has to do with will my blaster have the power........ Alright, I usually race XC with my bored out 400ex. Here recently I have been wanting to do some motocross as well. My dad and I think that I just build the motor on my blaster and run in the 350 and under sport class. The blaster already has a 4" extended swingarm, +3+1 arms and works triple rate shocks. It also has 18" holeshots on the back with 19s on the front. It is pretty much already setup. It needs tp be rebuilt, so I would add a big bore and stroker crank on it. The problem is, I am 20 years old and by brother thinks I am to old to race the blaster. My dad and me kept bringing up that Joey Margaria races a blaster in the gncc sport class. My brother thinks joey is alot younger then me, but I thought he was right around 20. Maybe Im wrong. Im just wondering what everyone thinks about this idea. I think you should race it you would do preety good.

rooster300ex
07-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Man if you like the quad and you think you can be fast on it then go for it. I've rode a 300ex since I was 13 and still like it out of all the quads my friends have let me try. My lil ol 300ex won me 2nd,3rd place running with 450r's and even some 500 pred's on a lil dirt track. Could of been cuz I didn't let off around the whole track and they did. lol I got it geared perfect for it.

Make sure you are geared really good so your always in the powerband.