PDA

View Full Version : New black Honda plastics don't fit

coltjester
07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
He guys. My buddy bought black Factory Honda plastics (so the dealer says) to replace the red.

We noticed everything fit fine but the very front portion of the hood to the front fenders. The little hook thing on the hood does not have any slot to slide into on the new black fenders. They just have a couple of little nub-looking things on them. This bike is an 07, anybody happen to know the honda part number for the black front fenders?

Thanks for any help. Sorry if the post is confusing :ermm:

coltjester
07-06-2007, 08:39 PM
forgot to add, the hood is from the old set of plastic, the new kit came with rears, fronts, but no hood.

Rich250RRacer
07-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by coltjester
forgot to add, the hood is from the old set of plastic, the new kit came with rears, fronts, but no hood.

The factory hoods will not interchange between 04-05 and 06-07 because of the mounting tabs on the fenders.

coltjester
07-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
The factory hoods will not interchange between 04-05 and 06-07 because of the mounting tabs on the fenders.

I was wondering if he might have been given plastics for an older model. Thanks man, we'll check into it.

Sjorge450R
07-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by coltjester
I was wondering if he might have been given plastics for an older model. Thanks man, we'll check into it.

just get a maier hood and you will be set to go. Same problem I am having. I just need to order a hood, but i cant decide which one.