PDA

View Full Version : more elka

gcart2
07-06-2007, 04:58 PM
ok so im definately getting elka fronts. but there 3 different kinds.
preload
preload, compression
preload, compression, rebound.
i relize the last is the best but its also 300 dollars more. iwould it be a waste of money to get the 1st or second? i need shocks bad. my bike is almost done and i will be mx ready. i am a begginer (mx) and dont no what i need exactly. help me out plz.
ELKA SUSPENSION BENEFITS

Custom built for each rider's personal needs.
Individually tested on a dynamometer to ensure quality and performance.
Aeronautical grade anodized billet aluminum parts and knobs.
Triple seal heads and high quaility seals, o-rings, and wearbands.
Custom springs and valving setup for your weight and riding type.

CONFIGURATION OPTIONS:

Piggyback or Remote Reservoirs - Adding reservoirs provides optimal oil flow and cooling which reduces fading during periods of intense use.

Threaded Preload Adjustment - Standard on all Elka Suspension. It provides ride-height adjustability and compensates for additional weight. You can set your initial ride height, increase preload for a stiffer ride, or decrease for a smoother ride. A special tool is provided.

Switchable Crossover Spacers - Spacers control the transition between the different springs, thus altering the overall spring rate. You can switch the orientation to choose between a supple ride and a more responsive one.

Compression Adjustment - Adds versatility and provides fine-tuning to suit your individual riding style. Turn clockwise to increase hydraulic resistance and make the suspension harder, or counter-clockwise to make suspension softer.

High & Low Speed Compression Adjustment (Elite) - Allows for independent adjustment of the high and low speed compression damping stages. Delivers both optimum reactivity to small bumps and large impacts. The high velocity damping for big hits, sharp edges, and jumps can be fine-tuned independently from teh low velocity damping for turning, cornering, and accelerating.

Rebound Adjustment - Provides proper traction by keeping the wheels on the ground. Rebound adjustment controls how fast the wheels will come back to full extension after an impact.

XXXRACER165
07-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I know it's hard to wait but get the PRE/COMP/REB shocks. You will be so much happier with them, plus.......better suspension gives you a little more mistake margin too.

gcart2
07-06-2007, 05:19 PM
u no where i can find some cheap 1's? im using www.magicracing.com . u have any cheaper sites?

AbnMP13
07-06-2007, 05:25 PM
They aren't cheap anywhere but I got mine at .Calsportbike (http://www.calsportbike.com)

XXXRACER165
07-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Magic Racing is what I use for parts, go for it!

ride_red666
07-07-2007, 09:03 PM
ya get the 3rd ones thats what i got and they are well worth the money... i paid a grand cdn straight from elka..

KEVIN300A
07-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Def. save up and get the 3rd one, I got a set and they are great. Keep an eye out on this site and ebay and you can pick up a nice used set for a reasonable price, just keep your eyes open.... You will be happy you got the best ones as soon as you case a jump or land messed up and still ride out of it. Trust me they are worth it!!!

400exMO
07-08-2007, 12:22 PM
There is no better performance between a preload adj. only shock and a preload, compression and rebound adjustable shock. The difference in the 3 different shocks you mentioned was how tunable they are. If you can get your shocks perfectly dialed in the third choice is the best.
The preload only shocks will come setup by elka with what they believe will be the best rebound and compression settings for you from the information you told them. They will perform just as well as the reb/comp adj. shock if you just bolted it on and did not tune it. If you tune the reb/comp. adj. shock it will outperform a preload only shock.

gojk
07-08-2007, 12:56 PM
If this is your first pair of aftermarket shocks, get the preload and compression adjust only. Having the rebound will just make it more complicated for you to initially tune the shocks. Plus, rebound adjustments on the front shocks is rarely needed.

When you go to get the rear shock make sure it is compression and rebound adjustable, because you will need to tune it different at almost every place that you ride.

gojk
07-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Also, take some advice from someone who made the mistake, get the piggyback shocks over the remote rezzy shocks. Mounting the rezzy is a pain and then if you get a steering stablizer, they are even more of a pain to mount.