PDA

View Full Version : NEW Houser Tie-Rods

400exrider707
07-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Just got this in an email... looks like they've changed their tie rods to be plated. The hex at the ends by the left and right hand threads are different to ensure they go on correctly... I'll see if I can dig up more info....

gbcap
07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
i wish they would offer both finishes. i don't want the chrome finish to be honest.

400exrider707
07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
i wish they would offer both finishes. i don't want the chrome finish to be honest.

You cant get chrome or powdercoat anymore... well you probably can if you order now. Once their supply of chrome and PC run out, these take over, they're zinc plated like balljoints... kind of ugly I think, not too sure what the purpose is anyways.

Dave400ex
07-07-2007, 09:38 AM
The purpose of getting rid of the chrome was because of having problems with the threads. We had to end up running a dye over my friends threads because the chrome was so thick on the threads the tie rod end wouldn't thread on.

400exrider707
07-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
The purpose of getting rid of the chrome was because of having problems with the threads. We had to end up running a dye over my friends threads because the chrome was so thick on the threads the tie rod end wouldn't thread on.

Understood. It seems plating no matter what shape or form is going to add material, same as powdercoat, and same as zinc plating I'm guessing. Maybe the plating isn't nearly as thick as chrome or powdercoat!? I still prefer a good set of powdercoated tie-rods. I wonder if there is any real advantage to these like strength or corrosion resistance?