PDA

View Full Version : need brake help please!

250r rider 88
07-06-2007, 07:49 AM
OK i just got in my streamline SS brakes front and rear, ive gotten the rear blead out fine but i cannot get fluid to move anywhere up front. Its like it doesnt want to leave the master cylinder. I rebuilt both master cylinders when i had them powdercoated and everythign was put in correct i just dont get why the fluid wont even drain out of the master cylinder if the line isnt attached?

any help here greatly appreciated

86 Quad R
07-06-2007, 08:59 AM
a little tip that should take the hassel out of brake bleeding involves using a nipple from a gear oil bottle that screws onto the brake fluid bottle and a clear hose.

loosen both bleeders and attach the open end of the hose to the bleeder thar is the furtest from the master cylinder, forcing fluid to the opposite bleeder. once fluid reaches the other side, close it. now open the banjo bolt at the master cylinder and repeat the process. once you get fluid to the master cylinder, you can bleed the brakes as normal.

redrooster310r
07-08-2007, 07:11 AM
thats a neat trick....can also try filling the rez and leaving it over nite...or when its sealed up ....crack the t in the front to let out air ....then bleed normal ....fronts are hard

250r rider 88
07-09-2007, 04:16 PM
used both methods and they worked great thanks for great responses guys. SS is the way to go on 250r front brakes by far much better feel and no spongyness