PDA

View Full Version : questions about my new R

stylenb
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I got an 86 250r a few months back. My stator went out and I have upgraded to the Cr250 ignition. The person I got the bike off of new little about it. I have no clue of the bore? The cyclinder has BDR stamped on the side and it has a Dyno Port pipe, also a reed spacer with no lid...

Anyone know who BDR is and any one have experince with a dynoport pipe?

The motor rips, but it is really pipey. Its actually wearing me out in the trails. I know the smaller flywheel did not help this any :(

Any suggestion on smoothing it out a little?

kiesta00
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM
you could try changing the pipe to the ESR trx-5 or 6, depending on how much low end you want. your porting is probably the culprit to the pipey feeling, you can pick up another stock cylinder for pretty cheap these days and have it reported for trails.

Rich250RRacer
07-05-2007, 10:29 PM
If you're going to trail ride this quad, you should have stayed with the stock ignition. The lighter flywheel of the CR system will make the quad stall very easy.

zedicus00
07-06-2007, 07:25 AM
i think most the peeple that talk down on liter flywheels havent ever actually ridden with one. you shouldnt ever be low enough in the RPM range for stalling to be a problem anyways.

if you posted a pic of the pipe we could tell you fairly acuratly what style it was probably. rather it was a top end mid range or low end pipe.

im guessing with out seeing it but from what you discribe that it is more of a tope end pipe. you can get away with putting a midrange pipe on it like a trx-5 and shift the power band down quite a bit with out too much ill effect.

stylenb
07-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I would never switch back to the old ignition. The CR250 setup is great, bike starts easier and revs much quicker. Stalling is def not a problem for me.

I will post a pic of the pipe soon.

I went riding today, the bike just rips in and out of powerband.....has plenty of torque. It tosses me around and I am 6'3 275.

And I am not a newbie, been riding for 20 yrs. I raced my buddy's 450r today, he beat me by a bike length after 3rd gear. Considering I got him by 100lbs, I was impressed.

Sorry to ramble, just all excited after riding :)

wilkin250r
07-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't know the exact changes that are required to alter a CR250 ignition to fit on a quad.

But I DO know that they make flywheel weights for the CR250. Perhaps you could look into that option? It might be a simple bolt-on, and certainly cheaper than a new cylinder or even a new pipe.

stylenb
07-07-2007, 09:05 PM
I could run a cr250 fly wheel weight, I think there is a few people on this site that have that setup.

I don't want to loose the fast rev though, just like stated before......maybe move my power curve around with a new pipe or reeds.....

stylenb
07-08-2007, 12:02 PM
I hope this will work, this is from when I first got the bike.....doesn't look much like that now :)

So what so you think the pipe is?http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=50036194&albumID=0&imageID=7878660