PDA

View Full Version : cannibal vs speed ???

400exBro
10-22-2002, 04:09 PM
i have narrowed it down to 2 choice, a cannibal (did i spell it right) and speed
i was wondering, what is the defference between the 2???

once one is worth it too buy and set up for mx???

also does the fatter rev limiter on the speed make a difference on the mx track???

i want to know what would be the best buy, i am thinking the speed with elka shocks, houser long travel, rpm axle???
or should i save the money and get the cannibal and then stick more money into parts???

thanks a lot for your help

Bro

P.S - i did i search but none of my questions where answered

Pappy
10-22-2002, 04:53 PM
bro..if you are gonna do aftermarket arms and shocks...get the cannibal with whatever mapping ya like.....save the cash and do it my way...uhh...i mean your way;) :D

400exBro
10-22-2002, 05:00 PM
i will do it your way kenny:D

but does the fatter rev limiter make a power difference???

also kenny how much did you pay for yours without the BIG :D exriders discount???

Guy400
10-22-2002, 05:02 PM
I agree, if you know you're going to go with aftermarket pieces than you're wasting your money going with the Speed. But, the Speed will come with standard Tag handlebars, a better seat cover and Holeshot's so if that's worth the $1000 difference in price than have at it.

If you're looking to buy a Dale knowing you're going to mod it than a Cannibal is your wisest investment.

Pappy
10-22-2002, 05:39 PM
i would tell ya bro...but then id have to either kill ya or preform deviant acts with marty:eek: and i like you to much for the first one....and i sure as heck ya hope ya like me enough to not make me have to do the last one:eek: :D ;)

i dont think the higher rpm will make a huge difference...but a few changes at the dealer will give you the same rev limit with no danger.

buckNbanshee
10-22-2002, 05:40 PM
yea get a cannibal put parts in it and change the mapping on it.

400exBro
10-22-2002, 07:12 PM
thanks a lot, i will talk to some dealers in ny and micihgan and see if they have any demo days or demo units i could ride, then go from there, but i know now that the cannibal is the way to go, plus the plastic comes in different colours and i like the colour you are sporting kenny.....

"and i like you to much for the first one....and i sure as heck ya hope ya like me enough to not make me have to do the last one"- 400ex127

awww thanks kenny
lata
Bro

Pappy
10-22-2002, 07:14 PM
hey bro...black aint good...lol it scratches real fast. i have not applied any polish yet.....but it dont look good:( hey....ill go snag guy's ...he wont notice:devil

400exBro
10-23-2002, 05:00 AM
so you are saying that the red or silver plastic is better.....

thanks again

Bro

Godspeed
10-23-2002, 06:42 AM
But... Does a map change also raise the rev limit on the Cannibal?

wyndzer
10-23-2002, 06:43 AM
yep

Guy400
10-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by 400ex127
hey bro...black aint good...lol it scratches real fast. i have not applied any polish yet.....but it dont look good:( hey....ill go snag guy's ...he wont notice:devil I'll trade you my plastic for your shocks! Honestly, my plastic seems to be holding up well.

400exBro
10-24-2002, 05:00 AM
do they still make the red plastic for the cannibal.,.,.,.,,..,,..,,.

also will the pro design kill switch from my ex hook up to the c-dale, i can t see why it can t unless it uses a toatly different system.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,

thanks
Bro

smitty
10-24-2002, 07:16 AM
Don't waste your time on trying to make the pro design kill switch work. Get the Pringle and it just plugs into the existing harness. The pro design you will have to cut and slice into the harness at the ECU up front.

Smitty

wyndzer
10-24-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by smitty
Get the Pringle
Smitty

But if you don't like potato chips you could just get a "pingle" it will just plug in to the wiring harness. Remember "once you pop you just can't stop"

DillonTMNT
10-24-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by smitty
Don't waste your time on trying to make the pro design kill switch work. Get the Pringle and it just plugs into the existing harness. The pro design you will have to cut and slice into the harness at the ECU up front.

Smitty

ZING!

-Dillon

spincr4hire
10-24-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
hey bro...black aint good...lol it scratches real fast. i have not applied any polish yet.....but it dont look good:( hey....ill go snag guy's ...he wont notice:devil

hmmm, I remember saying this a while back "How good is the c-dale plastic? I could see that black looking really nasty after a couple of trips thru the woods...:eek: "

just ribbing ya, Kenny:D

400exBro
10-24-2002, 08:00 PM
but i thought that the motos come with a pro design kill switch???

what does cannondale use for a inngintion system???

becuase could you just hook the pro design up to the stock kill switch???

thanks
Bro