PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Nigel.. This is just too sad.

Flyin-Low
07-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I was just sent home from intensive care at about noon today after a severe accident between Me on my 450er and Nigel Boerkamp on his CRF250r bike..

''A 22 year old Norfolk man has died after his dirt bike collided with an ATV. Around 7 o'clock last night a Honda dirt bike, driven by a 22 year old was going eastbound up a hill on a portion of Concession Road 10, when he got to the top of a hill and hit the ATV head-on. The 22 year old sustained life-threatening injuries and was airlifted to London Health Sciences where he was pronounced dead. The 16 year old on the ATV sustained non-life threatening injuries and was treated at Norfolk General. The investigation is continuing with the help of Traffic Collision Investigators. Names are not being released until next of kin have been notified.''

It wasn't actually on a road, it was just on an unmaintained stretch of fire road. As I was about to go down the hill he was coming up the other side really fast, launching off of one of the whoops near the top he was airborne when he hit me. We were both thrown off and Nigel's bike was broken in two from the extreme impact. Needless to say he didn't fair as well as me because he was thrown into the forest and into some logs and trees. I made it home with just a broken collar bone, fractured arm, severe concussion, whiplash and some stitches for my knee. It's too bad that I can't say the same for him, I feel soo bad about the whole situation.

My quad is still in police impound and I'm not sure when I'll get it back to see the damage, the cop I was talking to said there are pieces of my hood, light and few other things all over the trail.

Best wishes to Nigel's family.

-Martin

mitch91
07-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh sorry to hear that man. Its gonna cost you to get it unimpoundedd, been there done that.

Hope your ok, it wasent your fault.

<DRS>GPF
07-05-2007, 05:59 PM
wow... hard to find the right words.

glad your alright.

i feel bad you and for his family.
:(

MO-EX-RIDER
07-05-2007, 06:20 PM
r.i.p. + hope your ok...simply speechless:( :( :( :(

Flyin-Low
07-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks everyone, we all appreciate it over here.

Nigel was a great rider, semi-pro harescramble racer and will be missed by everyone.

-Martin

ZeroLogic
07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
wow... hard to find the right words.

glad your alright.

i feel bad you and for his family.
:(

:ermm:

NPelletier
07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
srry to hear that man, hope the best to you, your family, and nigels family:(

RIP Nigel

honda4life72
07-05-2007, 08:25 PM
wow , i know that must suck . i really don't know what else to say then r.i.p

Trx250rider86
07-05-2007, 08:37 PM
i couldnt imagine how bad u must feel, accidents happen, it was no ones fault, RIP Nigel, and glad your ok

insaneracin2003
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Wow,I prey for you guys and Nigel's family. Did you know Nigel and were yall there together? Or did you just know him from around town?. Again, I am sorry for the loss and prey for you.:(

mod440ex
07-05-2007, 11:28 PM
there was absolutely nothing you could have done to change the accident. i know its our human nature to feel bad, but it wasnt your fault. the only thing i can do is prey for both you and his family, and just prey and ask GOD to remove the pain and aweful feeling you may be having.

suzukigirl
07-06-2007, 03:58 PM
thats really sad :( and a real crappy situation to be in...RIP Nigel and glad you're okay