PDA

View Full Version : Vibration!!

beobe99
07-05-2007, 07:51 AM
I know theres anti-vibration stems. Is there any other product out there to help reduce the vibration coming from the engine? I think I've come up with something that MIGHT work but not sure (its just an idea right now).. Has anyone done anything that worked? does anyone care? is Vibration an issue that we could all do without?

If there was something out there that could reduce Vibration in your hands, feet, and arse would you buy it?

Thanks

quad janern
07-05-2007, 08:03 AM
this will help you alot :) :

fasst flexx handelbars

http://www.mxbike.com/catalog/images/FC_FB_S.jpg

and a re-build able stabilizer, for example gibson.

http://www.hetrickracing.com/gibsonstab.2.jpg

quad janern
07-05-2007, 08:04 AM
i have the gibson and it works good ;)

zedicus00
07-05-2007, 08:23 AM
fill the handlebars with silicone. (seriously, it works.)

theres antivibe stems, also look into a wrist wrester, a good set of soft grips helps too.

personally i dont use any of that junk, if yur clamped onto the bars so tite that the vibration bothers you then you need to learn how to RELAX. but then im only runnin a 310 so im not too far over what the counterballance was made for either.

for pegs, the stock ones kill a lot of vibes, if yur running nerfs or something that mounts solid then you are kinda SOL.

wilkin250r
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Is there a reason it's vibrating so bad?

I would suggest fixing the vibration, rather than finding a way to cope with it.

redrooster310r
07-05-2007, 03:43 PM
you need some vibration to stay in tune with the bike.....

Aceman
07-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by redrooster310r
you need some vibration to stay in tune with the bike.....

:huh

I never knew there was a vibration problem with R's? You either have an engine problem or you need to relax your death grip a little.

GOTFEAR
07-05-2007, 10:29 PM
make sure all your motor mont bolts are tight and check your skid pan for vibration against the frame rails.

86 Quad R
07-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
fill the handlebars with silicone. (seriously, it works.)

2nd that

beobe99
07-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Is there a reason it's vibrating so bad?

I would suggest fixing the vibration, rather than finding a way to cope with it.

I know all R's have vibration (some may think its no big deal, and it really isnt... I agree) BUT with it reduced I think it wouldn't be missed at all. This isnt a thread about how my R is vibrating me to death. It's a thread on how to reduce some of the vibration, whats out there to reduce it, and would you guys be interested in having it even more reduced because I've thought of some ways to.

I like the silicon idea, and will be doing it. I've been debating on making clamps with a rubber/silicone bushing to strap around the frame in key spots. Also was thinking of fabbing up some different motor mounts but think that would make the engine bounce around.

Aceman
07-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Silicone in the handlebars is cheap, I'd definitely try that first. But if it doesn't seem to make a difference I think I'd buy a used set of Flexx bars to try before I started wasting time making rubber motor mounts. That sounds like a good way to crack a case not having the engine mounted solid like it was designed to.

norcalduner
07-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I suggest you check your counterbalancer bearing conditions also .

beobe99
07-07-2007, 12:17 AM
GUYS PLEASE stop responding with suggestion to fix my engine haha! this is not a thread about my engine OVER vibrating. Its a thread on ways to help reduce the little bit of vibration that's there on any perfectly running R.........

I do appreciate the ideas and things to check though dont get me wrong..

Anyone know were I can get some silicone? (and don't say HollyWood hehe!)

Aceman
07-07-2007, 05:04 PM
You can get silicone anywhere. Walmart, Home Depot, Ace hardware, etc. Comes in tubes you put in a caulking gun. Just look for some tub and tile sealant.